OT Discussions Godwin's Law

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:20 PM

^ So does your presuming that I'm being presumptuous also make you presumptuous, too?

If so, we make a delightful pair. But then, I'm presuming we're delightful. Or that it's just us two.

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#82 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:23 PM

the'Hawk, on Sep 23 2003, 04:20 PM, said:

^ So does your presuming that I'm being presumptuous also make you presumptuous, too?

If so, we make a delightful pair. But then, I'm presuming we're delightful. Or that it's just us two.

You presume that I am presuming rather than observing or characterizing.

:p

Lil
Posted Image

#83 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:26 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Sep 23 2003, 07:23 PM, said:

A-ha! But you presume that I'm presuming you're presuming, whereas I may be observing or characterizing or drawing from generalized experience or possibly using some form of telepathy to deduce that you are, in fact, presuming!

This could go on all night.... I better get a Coke.... ;)

“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  

#84 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:39 PM

the'Hawk, on Sep 23 2003, 04:26 PM, said:

Una Salus Lillius, on Sep 23 2003, 07:23 PM, said:

A-ha! But you presume that I'm presuming you're presuming, whereas I may be observing or characterizing or drawing from generalized experience or possibly using some form of telepathy to deduce that you are, in fact, presuming!

This could go on all night.... I better get a Coke.... ;)

Your assumption that I am presuming or assuming or even engaging some form of telepathy rather than observing or characterizing or deducing or inferring is in and of itself an egregious example of your presumption.

;)
Posted Image

#85 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:16 PM

^ Whoa. I am so going to lose if we start playing lawyer-tag....

That said....

Your presumption upon my alleged 'egregious' assumption is in and of itself an assumption of a presumption without prior evidence to indicate in a manner transparent to even the casual observer that diverse and numerous processes of deduction, inference, induction, conduction, transduction, polarity reversal, slander, observation, monitoring, evidence collection, crime scene investigation, characterization, generalization, general characterization, character generalization, telepathic analysis, evidence synthesis and planting, and other methods too unlawful and numerous to be mentioned here, involving certain 'associates' who prefer not to be named, and who may or may not be of Germanic descent, thus justifying an invocation of the Usenet generalization and, ergo, presumption, commonly referred to as "Godwin's Law", have in fact occurred over the period of days referred to hereafter as the year two thousand and three, anno domini, and will in fact occur henceforth in perpetuity for the continued duration of the existence of the defendant, one avian fellow known hereafter as "the 'Hawk", in accordance with the EI guidelines under the guise of what has previously been referred to in these proceedings as "the opinion of the 'Hawk", which should by no means be considered as anything more than a statement of his presumed, but not proven, mental processes at the precise moment his digital appendages, hereafter referred to as his "fingers", should occasion to encounter his peripheral computer pointing device, known hereafter as the "mouse", with the presumed intent --one not shown clearly by the evidence presented-- of performing an action known commonly as a "click" upon the box of light referred to as a "button" labelled clearly and presumably --but not clearly intended solely-- for the purpose of "posting" this "message".

This post is now void in Vermont. ;)

Your move, my dear. ;)

#86 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:13 AM

Ah...........

in Bridge terms the above would be characterized as

"length without strength"

Or in other words:

Your hyberbolic attempts to mischaracterize my characterizations so that they fit your definitions of presumption are inadequate at best...

;)

*less is sometimes more medear*

:wideeyed:
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, Discussions, Godwin's Law

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users