• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

As i'm reading and enjoying about the Moon shot program of the 60s, in some books incl
the John Young(astronaut, Gemini, Apollo,) book Forever Young, popped into a link on the
net that followed over to this,

the orbiting observatory is now orbiting,OCO-2,

http://www.theregist...global_warming/

' The blast-off was particularly difficult to get right because US rocket boffins only had a 30-second window to get the sat into orbit to join the A-Train, a constellation of five international Earth-observing crafts that fly in close formation, constantly monitoring the planet.

OCO-2 is now the best carbon dioxide monitoring satellite in orbit by a long way, capable of taking up to 100,000 useful readings per day. The next best only returns around 500 measurements a day that are totally unimpeded by cloud cover.

Boffins hope that OCO-2’s data can offer clarity on just how much impact human activity has on carbon dioxide production and the processes the gas undergoes in the atmosphere, which will hopefully help lead to some answers on if and how we can do something about climate change. ®
'

it went up from Vandenberg,

ps,
and we're still learning from system probe, Cassini, and it's photography,
http://www.theregist..._around_saturn/

Edited by offworlder, 03 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OCO-2, carbon, climate change

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users