Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Atomic Sunrise 2014 Profile Thread

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

A wanderer, and a picker-up of unregarded trifles.

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

The engines have been removed and the former engine room converted into an additional cargo hold- we might be able to rig something up in there for Amet.

And now, some additional pictures of the ship, including a sail plan so everyone knows what Ishmael is talking about :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

Some videos...

#63 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

And finally, some information on the ship itself:

Name: La Chasseur
Class of ship: Baltimore Clipper
Rig: Topsail Schooner
Length of hull: 109 feet
Length at waterline: 91 feet
Beam: 26 feet, 2 inches
Draft: 12 feet, 4 inches
Load at waterline: 185.5 long tons
Air draft: 107 feet
Sail area: 9,705 square feet

#64 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

*claps at ALL the ship stuff* :D

We've been working on this since....OMG June of last year!!! :lol: That's crazy! That's when I first asked Ishmael to help come up with a ship for "later" in the story (well, he came up with it ALL really :angel: plus a second one) and now we're finally getting to use it.

I love the videos, the sail diagram, and everything!

#65 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,516 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

Very cool.  The videos really give us a feel of what it would be like traveling on that ship.  Thanks, Ishmael.  :nod:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#66 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

Here's a bit more info for shipboard use:

From the trucks and/or Department 7, hidden in their supplies that were stored on the first ship, to be used on La Chasseur:

Flashlights (torches!)...Run on long-lasting lithium polymer technology which are thin strips of flexible plastic batteries. Also hand held cylindrical lights that run on the same batteries but are a little larger (sort of like a mini-light saber in appearance). Each person on the ship can have one of each for personal use while ON the ship but otherwise hidden away.

Three portable glow lamps (about the size of a small lantern): can function as a directional lighting device (flashlight) or as an area-covering lantern. Have long-lasting power cells and bulbs that never need to be replaced, and can be adjusted to provide light in any radius up to 50 feet.

Infrared night goggles, convert infrared light to visible light, allowing user to see well in conditions of low illumination (moon light) or total darkness. Can use on ship while out to sea to keep watch at night.

And some helpful info from Ishmael regarding what we use when other people are around:

Lighting- A combination of natural light from portholes and deck prisms { https://en.m.wikiped...wiki/Deck_prism } - no candles or open flames. Lanterns with mutated glowing seaweed harvested underwater by the Aquarians and traded for other supplies. If kept in the dark it is muted, then when placed into the lantern and exposed to light, the glow intensifies and provides light for many weeks at a time. (Why, yes I did just make that up!! Ishmael suggested something about plants and that popped into my mind.) :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users