• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

was jus reading bout how US space depends too much on russian engines for the booster launches for,
SATs, and how we who developed those in the 40s should use such, developed in USA, just like the issue
of not depending on foreign stuff for our mil, security...

and tripped over this story- bout BUZZ

just saw the other day, his book in library, bout his ideas, basically the book is his pitch,
for manned-MARS, yeah!
http://www.cnn.com/2...mars/index.html

and all this while I read, also from library, the john Young book on the moon shots, and the
Apollo 13 book by Lovell .................... it would be nice to see man beyond the orbit once again,
that was so exciting ..................... Cernan in 1972 was the last man to step onto any rock
beyond Earth. (his book is next for me)
:o
;)
' And as inscribed on the plaque fastened to the ladder of our lander: "We Came in Peace for All Mankind."
Sunday will mark the 45th anniversary of the lunar landing, when Neil announced, "Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."
It was, truly, one small step, but more steps are needed to fuel and assure America's leadership role in deep space exploration.
I'm often asked just how lonely it was on the moon. First of all, what got us there was the tireless effort of some 400,000 people who shared a universal dream. Project Apollo was a unified enterprise that relied on teamwork.
Second, while we were farther away from terra firma than any humans had ever ventured -- with our colleague Mike Collins circling the moon in the command module above us -- the three of us were connected to home planet Earth. Close to a billion people watched and listened to our journey.
'
' Although we can revel in taking rear-view mirror looks at the Apollo 11 mission, the urgent need, I believe, is to confront the future.
Our space program should not focus on getting back to the moon. We have already blazed that trail. Apollo was part of a clear, get-there-in-a-hurry, space race strategy. To be blunt, that meant we didn't spend time developing re-usability.
It's time for commercial and international interests to move, beyond discovery, to development.
Other nations, China in particular, are working toward the exploration and development of the moon with robots and, eventually, crews. Providing U.S. support for international lunar development is in our best interest.
By participating in a unified, international effort, we avoid an unnecessary race back to the moon and can still participate in lunar science. Other U.S. government entities -- the National Science Foundation and commercial entities -- should take over in moon exploitation and development. It may well be that NASA is not best suited to run this program. Exploitation has never been its strong point.
'
:)

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: space, beyond Earth

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users