Teen Wolf: Time of Death

Teen Wolf

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Lots to love here but there were some frustrating parts.

They actually did have a good plan. "Killing" Scott and luring the Benefactor to the hospital could have worked.

I really thought they hadn't let Melissa in on the plan. I'm glad they did. I don't think Melissa would have forgiven any of them if she had been fooled. Melissa Ponzio acted the crap out of that scene. Really well done.

I really liked that we saw Rafael have to go through the motions of killing someone. In most shows there really isn't any follow up when one character kills another. I'm glad that he has to go to a review and that the death weighs on him. His conversation with Scott was really moving. Of course having to kill someone is on Scott's mind as well.

The Derek/Braeden scenes were just superb. So Derek is now fully human. Sad. At least Braeden is teaching Derek to defend himself. I really hope these two work out. Or at the very least she doesn't try to kill him. Derek needs one girlfriend that doesn't end in disaster. I do wish he had been more connected to the plot though. I don't think he even knows his name unlocked the last part of the dead pool.

So now we know why Stiles is the little spoon. It's the only way he and Malia can sleep in bed together. That was a sweet scene. Also bittersweet since they aren't together anymore.

Yay for more Noshiko. I really like her. She had some good lines and I wish we had seen her and Melissa interact more. I've said it before, but TW had done an awesome job with the parents. They're involved with their kids and have reservations about exposing their children to all of this death and horror.

I was so afraid they were going to kill Noshiko off so it's nice that she is still alive. What sucks though is that Kira is leaving. I'm hoping it's just for an episode. She has all ready been absent from one.

This was just a good episode for relationship stuff. Scott and Kira were cute here talking about how they've never been on a date before. I do like how the show has been handling their romance. It's been a slow build and has been more subtle than Scott's romance with Allison.

Not a lot of Lydia this episode but what little time she had was pretty important. Her grandmother was a banshee and was placed in Eichen House. She may also be alive. She had a code list in her jar of ashes meant for Lydia. Her boat house was also made of mountain ash. It's about time that we finally learn more about Lydia and her banshee heritage.

Loved Liam this episode. It was nice to see him freaking out about the plan and possibly confronting the Benefactor. Sometimes on supernatural shows it feels like the characters get used to facing death and doing things that would send most people running and screaming. Liam being freaked out just made sense. He's 15 and was stabbed, poisoned, and thrown in a well not too long ago. He did step up against the Berserker and pulled off some great werewolf moves.

So Scott's dreams were creepy. Seeing Liam get killed several times and then killing him himself has got to be affecting Scott. When Scott had his red eyes, fangs, and blood covering his face as he plunged the tomahawk into Liam repeatedly had me cringing. It was a great scene and Posey did a great job showing the relish of killing. I just don't want to see Scott kill Liam again.  What I want to know is whether Scott remembers them or not. If he does how is it going to affect him?

The Malia/Peter scenes were great. I feel like I'm saying that a lot. Need to expand my vocabulary. I like that Peter fessed up to doing terrible things. It gave us a good insight into him. Terrible things happen and will always happen. He's going to look out for him. His explanation that he was slowly driven insane trapped in his comatose body was chilling.

I never gave a thought to Malia's mother. I guess I always assumed that the woman she killed in the car was her real mother and that she and Peter had had an affair. Guess not. Her mother is actually the Desert Wolf. Cool name. That ties Malia and Peter together since they will both be searching for her.

How sad was it that Malia believes she wanted to kill her family and that being a murderer is just part of her thanks to Peter? Stiles needs to help her.

So the benefactor might be a banshee or might at least have one working for him. So Niko and I pretty much guessed that in a previous review thread. Yay us. We both get cookies. :)

So Peter is glad that Scott is still alive but I don't think it's because he genuinely cares for Scott. It also looks like he sent Kate to the hospital to recover Scott's body for some reason. Interesting.

Speaking of Kate, at least she pulled back once she realized that Chris had a plan. She seemed genuinely shocked that Chris had killed Scott just to get the Benefactor. Maybe there's hope for her, though she is still an evil woman.

Lets' get to some of my frustrations with this episode.

First, did we seriously have to attack the hospital again? I'm pretty sure in my last review I said this was what I didn't want to see happen. At least no one died. Though that one Berserker did have blood on its skull so it's possible someone is dead.

It felt like a lot of things were kind of chopped off. Lydia asks her mom about Meredith and her mom obviously knows her but the next time we see them Lydia's mom is talking about Lydia's grandmother and not Meredith. It's like, "The Meredith stuff is important." Then we don't see Noshiko get attacked. Maybe we didn't need to but it was pretty abrupt and made no sense as to why Liam knew about it before anyone else.

The worst transgression though was Liam's attack on the Berserker. He pulls off this cool move and is launching himself at the Berserker and then we go to commercial. When we come back the fight's over. WTF? Seriously Teen Wolf. Liam is in his first werewolf fight and doing something incredibly brave and stupid and we don't even get to see it?

I also felt that Scott's dreams weren't as good as they could have been. Sure Scott feels responsible for Liam so seeing his young beta getting killed, and then killing him, makes sense. Still, how much more powerful would that scene have been if Scott was killing Stiles? I mean, Stiles was going to die for Scott in season 3a (one of TW's best scenes ever) so having Scott kill him would have been so much better.

Last, if the boat house is mountain ash how were Scott and Liam able to stay in it back during the party? Unless I'm remembering wrong I could have sworn that that's where those two plus Kira were.

Oh, and not a bad thing but does Melissa know about Liam? How does she feel about Scott creating another werewolf? Sure she's really accepting of the supernatural but would she be happy that her son basically forced someone else into being a werewolf, even if he had the best intentions?

Those things aside, this was a good episode. We got quite a bit of plot movement and most of the characters were used well. I always like seeing all the characters come together to work on a plan. Only four more episodes to go till the end.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

for some reason my DVR didn't record this episode, will have to wait til the repeat.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

Alright, I was able to see this episode by downloading episode on Xbox app. Over all, not a terrible episode, but some things are really starting to annoy the hell out of me.

I'm glad the mute only came back in a dream, and not for real...well, at least not yet.

Now for the things that irked me...The plan to lure out the Benefactor was a good one, but they took it to the extreme. I can understand them faking Scott's death, I can even understand them having Scott's mom act for whomever might be watching. But once it was all established...why risk the wait in bringing Scott back? As it was, if Kate hadn't backed off and called off the Beserkers....Scott would have died for real. They should've brought him back and had him just wait for whoever might show up.

Another attack of the hospital? Seriously? Granted the two staff members running around the corner and screaming while Scott and Kira's mom just looked on was funny. But really? Another attack on the hospital? How that hospital hasn't been completely destroyed is beyond me. I don't know of any hospital in the country that could afford to make the repairs this one has had to. And why the residents living in town would even risk going there? Even if they are sick, that hospital is a magnet for violence. You're more likely to die just by going there then from whatever is making you sick.

I loved Liam stepping up and fighting the Beserker. Very cool werewolf moves, ending with his leaping slashing downward....cut to the commercial and then nothing. Come on with that crap already. They pulled the same thing with Peter after the Mute threw a tomahawk into his chest.

Peter said he wasn't the Benefactor, but then how did he know Scott was supposedly dead? And he seemed glad Scott wasn't dead, which makes me thing he is planning on killing Scott to become an alpha again.

And speaking of "Alpha"...What is going on with Scott's extra fangs?

And now Lydia's grandmother was a Banshee and might be alive??? Interesting. As for how Scott and Liam could enter the boathouse made of Mountain ash...I don't think Boat houses are "complete circles" if you will. The opening where the large window was would make it possible for them to enter. Even Peter was able to enter the Vet's office in season one. It wasn't until after Deacon close the swinging would gate that he was prevented from going further in.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

Alright, I was able to see this episode by downloading episode on Xbox app. Over all, not a terrible episode, but some things are really starting to annoy the hell out of me.

I think you and I are pretty much in agreement about this episode.

I'm glad the mute only came back in a dream, and not for real...well, at least not yet.

I don't think they'll bring the Mute back. There's really no reason to. There will be new assassins next episode and probably the episode after that. While this show loves bringing characters back from the dead I don't see the Mute being resurrected.

Now for the things that irked me...The plan to lure out the Benefactor was a good one, but they took it to the extreme. I can understand them faking Scott's death, I can even understand them having Scott's mom act for whomever might be watching. But once it was all established...why risk the wait in bringing Scott back? As it was, if Kate hadn't backed off and called off the Beserkers....Scott would have died for real. They should've brought him back and had him just wait for whoever might show up.

Yeah, there really was no reason for him to stay dead aside from dramatic reasons and so he could have the killing Liam dreams. He could have been brought back when Melissa came in to view the body. They didn't need him dead. Heck, he could have been brought back and just stayed in the drawer if anybody came in to check.

Another attack of the hospital? Seriously?

I know. It's really too much. Plus there was no need for Kate to bring the Berserkers. It was overkill. And, according to the previews,

Spoiler

The writers really need some new ideas.

I loved Liam stepping up and fighting the Beserker. Very cool werewolf moves, ending with his leaping slashing downward....cut to the commercial and then nothing. Come on with that crap already. They pulled the same thing with Peter after the Mute threw a tomahawk into his chest.

That was such an awesome moment, ruined by the fact that we never got to see what happened after. While Liam's attack was great, I doubt it would have had much impact on the Berserker. I really wish they would just let us see some of this stuff happen. I'm wondering if there's going to a lot of deleted scenes on the DVD.

Peter said he wasn't the Benefactor, but then how did he know Scott was supposedly dead? And he seemed glad Scott wasn't dead, which makes me thing he is planning on killing Scott to become an alpha again.

Not sure. Maybe he has spies or Kate does or he just keeps a really close eye on Scott. I don't know. I doubt we will ever know. I agree that he probably wants Scott's alpha powers.

And speaking of "Alpha"...What is going on with Scott's extra fangs?

I'm really curious about that. Is he becoming more of a werewolf like Peter or is this just because he's a true alpha?

As for how Scott and Liam could enter the boathouse made of Mountain ash...I don't think Boat houses are "complete circles" if you will. The opening where the large window was would make it possible for them to enter. Even Peter was able to enter the Vet's office in season one. It wasn't until after Deacon close the swinging would gate that he was prevented from going further in.

I forgot that with mountain ash the circuit needs to be completed. Makes sense.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

Sooo... for some reason, I'd expected this week to be more informative about the Benefactor, so having so much time devoted to another round of Kate & the berserkers, when it's already established that she's not the real threat, felt like a bit too much wheel spinning for my tastes.  Some good character material here for Scott, though, and the Lydia reveal makes a great launchpad as we head into the final act.
  • I'm finding it interesting the little moments they're choosing to carry over between episodes.  We had the belated reveal of Satomi!pack's ability to mask their scent.  Then, there was some rumbling in commentaries about how Lydia's treatment of Meredith was really harsh and we got her apology and regret about that last week.  This week, we had the reveal that Derek actually got shot when he dove in front of Satomi (something they didn't bother to confirm or deny last week), and then the adorable/sad little flashback to how the "spooning" thing came about with Stiles and Malia (I love that it was a result of Stiles' own quirkiness about having to sleep in the middle of the bed and Malia finding the position that worked, rather than her just automatically being the "big spoon", the way Stiles made it sound.  :) )

Lydia asks her mom about Meredith and her mom obviously knows her but the next time we see them Lydia's mom is talking about Lydia's grandmother and not Meredith
    Assuming this carryover thing is intentional, I'm guessing that this is probably an intentionally open-ended thing that will carryover.  I'd bet we get a little flashback next week to what her mom had to say on the topic of Meredith leading into Lydia's continuing investigations.

• The early scene with Scott and his dad is great.  Tyler Posey, again, is doing so great in showing Scott wrestling with his responsibilities as Alpha and how to balance his idealism with the higher and higher stakes he's facing, now that he's the "top dog", and using the shooting last week as a teachable moment between him and his dad was great.  (Also, yay for Papa McCall acknowledging that something's up with Scott and his friends... though the plan for them to discuss things "when I get back" doesn't bode well for Papa M's longevity.  Such a red flag for "we will never have this talk, because I will be dead".)

• Derek & Braeden were great.  I really can't get enough of Derek's lighter side this season, and having him be all adorable and amused and snarky, rather than sinking deeper into glowering broodiness is a great shift for the character.  Every moment he and Braeden shared together in this episode just showcased how awesome he is in this mode.  :)

• Kira running off to fight on the roof when she's apparently the only one who can bring Scott back?  StupidStupidStupid.

• I didn't mind the cutaway from Liam's fight with the berserkers.  If Scott couldn't even dent them, than Liam's defeat was a foregone conclusion, and Kate was clearly about to call them off, anyway.

• I *am* a little disappointed that this episode featured shared screen-time for both Stiles & Chris and Stiles & Kate, and there was no mention or hint of anyone thinking about Allison's fate.  I was so excited when her name was the first code-word that they weren't ignoring her this season, but it's starting to have the feel of having been lip service to hide the fact that yes, they are ignoring her.  I'm kinda hoping the Benefactor does turn out to be Gerard now, just for one last shot at her death being addressed in some meaningful way.

• I want a Chris Argent spin-off, preferably with Kate as a reluctant ally.  The two of them have such great tension and familial chemistry.

• OK, so we've got confirmation that Lydia's gran is linked to the Benefactor, and probably the source of his info. (Yay for cookies ;) )  I can't really believe she'll turn out to be the Benefactor herself, but it does point to Eichen House being a key.  Brunski moving up the list of possible Benefactors, or a lackey at least?  Or, a long-shot, but Ms. Morell has ties there, too, and her moral code about "balance" is vague enough that it could conceivably include thinning the herd of supernaturals who are most likely to upset that balance...?   Or, I guess following that thread, Morell was an ally of Deucalion, so that might be the connection to make him make sense, I guess.  I have trouble picturing a satisfying reveal of him as Benefactor, though.  *hmmph*

• So, Lydia's turning 18 in a few weeks.  I wonder if that's some turning point in her banshee powers?  When she threw the ash, it looked like it was intended to seal the circle, so maybe Grandma Martin foresaw something that told her Lydia would need that protection coming up.

Sometimes on supernatural shows it feels like the characters get used to facing death and doing things that would send most people running and screaming.
Yeah, that's a problem I have with a lot of long-running genre shows.  There's only so many times you can save the world from unstoppable annihilation or rise from the dead before you get a sense that the characters have gotten jaded to it all, but I think the short timespan covered per season and relatively "low" stakes (as compared to shows like Buffy or Stargates where the big bads are generally world/universe-destroying gods who need to be made more and more omnipotent every season) has helped ALL of the characters stay pretty grounded.  They all come out seeming more traumatized than triumphant.

Still, how much more powerful would that scene have been if Scott was killing Stiles? I mean, Stiles was going to die for Scott in season 3a (one of TW's best scenes ever) so having Scott kill him would have been so much better.
I agree.  Or have the three iterations focus on different pack members or something?  Playing off of Liam nearly dying in the well and having heard about Stiles nearly getting shot last episode and... Kira as the third, I guess.  But I guess they *DO* need to keep servicing that Scott/Liam bond, and you could look at it as a reflection of some inherent Alpha protectiveness of his beta (and youngest pack member) first.  (Aside: Despite what I said about not buying Deucalion as the Benefactor, I did have a moment of wondering if Scott killing Liam tied into Deucalion's M.O. of having alphas killing their betas for power somehow.)

I'm wondering if there's going to a lot of deleted scenes on the DVD.
I hope so.  There was at least one comment on one of my podcasts today that made it sound like the episodes are being trimmed down quite a lot... though some of that is in stuff that is taken out of the script before filming.  Also, it sounded like whether extras like that got included was mostly a factor of how quickly they have to get materials to MGM.  She specifically mentioned (non-plot-spoilery info about the season finale)...  
Spoiler

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:06 AM

Sooo... for some reason, I'd expected this week to be more informative about the Benefactor, so having so much time devoted to another round of Kate & the berserkers, when it's already established that she's not the real threat, felt like a bit too much wheel spinning for my tastes.

I didn't expect too much about the Benefactor. Episode 9 is generally the episode where they reveal the big bad. I still wish they had come up with something other than Kate attacking the hospital. Couldn't it have been another assassin at least?

(I love that it was a result of Stiles' own quirkiness about having to sleep in the middle of the bed and Malia finding the position that worked, rather than her just automatically being the "big spoon", the way Stiles made it sound.  :) )

Same here. That scene really cemented my love of their relationship. I hope they're able to overcome the difficulties they've been facing and get together again.

Assuming this carryover thing is intentional, I'm guessing that this is probably an intentionally open-ended thing that will carryover.  I'd bet we get a little flashback next week to what her mom had to say on the topic of Meredith leading into Lydia's continuing investigations.

Let's hope they carry it over. I'm still frustrated that they didn't follow up on it immediately. That was the information that I wanted. Is Meredith related to them? Was she working with the grandmother?

The early scene with Scott and his dad is great.  Tyler Posey, again, is doing so great in showing Scott wrestling with his responsibilities as Alpha and how to balance his idealism with the higher and higher stakes he's facing, now that he's the "top dog", and using the shooting last week as a teachable moment between him and his dad was great.  (Also, yay for Papa McCall acknowledging that something's up with Scott and his friends... though the plan for them to discuss things "when I get back" doesn't bode well for Papa M's longevity.  Such a red flag for "we will never have this talk, because I will be dead".)

Totally agree. Posey has really stepped up his game this season. I hope Papa McCall isn't doomed. Though I am glad he's picking up on the fact Scott and his friends are way too calm about a guy trying to kill them with a virus and almost shooting Stiles in the head. I'm not sure if I want him in on the secret though. It would be interesting to see his reaction to the supernatural. Maybe he wouldn't be as understanding as the other parents.

Derek & Braeden were great.  I really can't get enough of Derek's lighter side this season, and having him be all adorable and amused and snarky, rather than sinking deeper into glowering broodiness is a great shift for the character.  Every moment he and Braeden shared together in this episode just showcased how awesome he is in this mode.  :)

I much prefer a lighter Derek to the sour wolf that he usually is. I hate that he's lost his powers but at least he's trying to adjust and not just brooding. I have my fingers crossed that Braden is who she appears to be and not the Benefactor or working for the Benefactor.

Kira running off to fight on the roof when she's apparently the only one who can bring Scott back?  StupidStupidStupid.

I didn't mind the cutaway from Liam's fight with the berserkers.  If Scott couldn't even dent them, than Liam's defeat was a foregone conclusion, and Kate was clearly about to call them off, anyway.

Well, intelligence has never been the strong suit of these characters. Even Stiles has had his stupid moments. Kira should have been in the morgue next to Scott the entire time and someone else should have been helping to watch the screens.

I knew that Liam wouldn't hurt the Berserker. Only Derek has really been able to hold his own against them and even he didn't really hurt them. I still wanted to see more of the fight.

I *am* a little disappointed that this episode featured shared screen-time for both Stiles & Chris and Stiles & Kate, and there was no mention or hint of anyone thinking about Allison's fate.  I was so excited when her name was the first code-word that they weren't ignoring her this season, but it's starting to have the feel of having been lip service to hide the fact that yes, they are ignoring her.  I'm kinda hoping the Benefactor does turn out to be Gerard now, just for one last shot at her death being addressed in some meaningful way.

The real lack of any mention of Allison, Isaac, and even Danny this season has really been the one big, glaring flaw. I understand that the writers didn't want the characters to be deep in mourning but there should have been some acknowledgment. Same with Isaac. He became Scott's best friend and roommate. Scott lost two people close to him basically back to back and that should be weighing on him. The lack of Danny too is disconcerting as well. True he's never been a main character but the fact that he knows about the supernatural in Beacon Hills made him a whole lot more interesting.

I want a Chris Argent spin-off, preferably with Kate as a reluctant ally.  The two of them have such great tension and familial chemistry.

There could be a lot of good spin-offs for this show. I would like to see Derek and the Sheriff (we really need a first name for him) solving crimes together. Stiles could hold a show on his own. I wouldn't kind seeing Liam in his own show either. Heck, I'd watch a show that focused on the parents because they're such great characters.

Yeah, that's a problem I have with a lot of long-running genre shows.  There's only so many times you can save the world from unstoppable annihilation or rise from the dead before you get a sense that the characters have gotten jaded to it all, but I think the short timespan covered per season and relatively "low" stakes (as compared to shows like Buffy or Stargates where the big bads are generally world/universe-destroying gods who need to be made more and more omnipotent every season) has helped ALL of the characters stay pretty grounded.  They all come out seeming more traumatized than triumphant.

I guess when compared to other shows this crew is much more grounded. Most of the threats they've faced have been from people whose agenda has been to kill those who wronged them. I think the nogitsune has been the worst villain they've faced. He just wanted to cause chaos and destruction and had no other agenda.

I agree.  Or have the three iterations focus on different pack members or something?  Playing off of Liam nearly dying in the well and having heard about Stiles nearly getting shot last episode and... Kira as the third, I guess.  But I guess they *DO* need to keep servicing that Scott/Liam bond, and you could look at it as a reflection of some inherent Alpha protectiveness of his beta (and youngest pack member) first.  (Aside: Despite what I said about not buying Deucalion as the Benefactor, I did have a moment of wondering if Scott killing Liam tied into Deucalion's M.O. of having alphas killing their betas for power somehow.)

I thought they would have Scott encounter all of his friends in the dream-state. I have no problem with them doing more Scott/Liam stuff. I absolutely love their interactions and want more Liam on the show period. I still think having all of his friends there or at least Stiles would have been better.

I didn't even think of Deucalion when that scene happened. Maybe that was what Scott was doing on a sub-conscious level. Killing his Beta means he was embracing his darker side and gaining more power at the same time.

I hope so.  There was at least one comment on one of my podcasts today that made it sound like the episodes are being trimmed down quite a lot... though some of that is in stuff that is taken out of the script before filming.  Also, it sounded like whether extras like that got included was mostly a factor of how quickly they have to get materials to MGM.  She specifically mentioned (non-plot-spoilery info about the season finale)...  

I wonder if that's why both DVDs of season 3a and 3b were so short on extras compared to the DVD releases of the first two seasons. I still expect them to release a combined season 3 DVD with more extras. I'm hoping season 4 will have a lot of extra features. As for the spoiler

Spoiler

--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#7 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Virgil Vox, on 17 August 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Let's hope they carry it over. I'm still frustrated that they didn't follow up on it immediately. That was the information that I wanted. Is Meredith related to them? Was she working with the grandmother?
Yeah, a better idea of the timing of things would be nice, too.  The way Lydia talks, it seems like she doesn't have many first-hand memories of her grandmother at all, so the falling out and her eventual move to Eichen House and death should have been a while ago, but Meredith doesn't seem more than a few years younger than her present day self in the photo, so either she was a lot older than I assumed, or else she was around as a child when the family was still in contact with Grandma, and Mrs. Martin recognized the photo based on having known Meredith as a child?

I wonder if that's why both DVDs of season 3a and 3b were so short on extras compared to the DVD releases of the first two seasons. I still expect them to release a combined season 3 DVD with more extras.
Oh, that would be nice.  I really looooved the copious commentary tracks in the first two seasons (and I'm not a person who usually watches commentary tracks) and was massively disappointed by the lack of them on the 3B set, in particular.  While they're at it, Blu-rays would be nice, too.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#8 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Oh, that would be nice.  I really looooved the copious commentary tracks in the first two seasons (and I'm not a person who usually watches commentary tracks) and was massively disappointed by the lack of them on the 3B set, in particular.  While they're at it, Blu-rays would be nice, too.

Same here. The other sets had some really good bonus features and I was looking forward to some that examined Dylan O'Brien's turn as the bad guy. While on one hand I would hate it if they released a full season box set with new features since I all ready bought the other two I'd probably still buy it.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#9 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

A thought about Lydia's 18th birthday coming up: I wonder if that was when her powers would have kicked in if Peter hadn't jump-started them?  I like the idea that the mountain ash and all that was supposed to be some coming of age where she learned about her banshee heritage in a more controlled environment...

#10 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

A thought about Lydia's 18th birthday coming up: I wonder if that was when her powers would have kicked in if Peter hadn't jump-started them?  I like the idea that the mountain ash and all that was supposed to be some coming of age where she learned about her banshee heritage in a more controlled environment...

It's definitely a possibility. I wonder if only females can be banshees since apparently Lydia's dad wasn't one. Being a banshee has got to just be horrible. If you have no clue about it then like Lydia's grandmother and like Lydia herself they probably just think they're going crazy. It also seems incredibly hard to control their power and make it useful.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Teen Wolf

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users