• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

Decided to downsize car payments (trying to prepare for next year when Lady Purple's pension drops in half) so took the 2007 Sebring in along with our 1989 F250 (work truck really) so we found a older vehicle for less money......a 2006 Mustang GT convertible. :)

Talk about walking into the right vehicle! It is tungsten gray (a darker gray with a slight purple tint. I think it looked me up ;).

I hope to add a picture soon.

LoP

Riding high in Mustang heaven!

#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

And it's not even your birthday!! Congratulations!  :D

I just purchased a vehicle yesterday from a retired grandpa who is the original owner.  It's a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.  Fully loaded.   It came with the CarProof report and a mechanics safety certificate.  It only has 170,000kms because he only drove it to and from work.  It is in mint condition inside and out.  It's so pretty and shiny!

No rust, scratches or glass damage.  I got for $1650.00,  I'm really happy! :D

#3 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Excellent news, LoP and M.E.!   :happy:   My news is that I refinanced a new car with no refi charge before the first payment was due.  I hadn't expected to trade my car in yet last month, but I was offered a price and a trade in deal too good not to consider, and it was the only Honda Civic I have ever had that I didn't love.   :(   Since I didn't have a preauthorized loan to dicker with, that's where they had leverage.  So was checking out Navy FCU, decided it was time to join, asked how soon I could take advantage of their car loan refi deal, and right now was a good answer.   :D
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#4 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

:woohoo: great news :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#5 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

Those are great cars, especially with the car that one must have had. Congrats M.E.!

LoP

#6 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Great! Better financing is always good and even better with no fees! Smart move Nonny.

LoP

#7 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

We think so, too Number One. :)

Lo

#8 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

Okay, here it is (we went to the Oregon Coast Sunday.....73F   NICE and WARM

Attached Files

#9 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

It may just be the photo, but I can really see the purple tint :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#10 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,499 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

^I see it too, but I think really, it's just grey.  That'd be a super customized color if it was that shade of purple...which I haven't ever seen on a car before.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#11 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:18 AM

My cousin's body shop repainted on of these (color is tungsten) and the clear coat has a purple tint added. It isn't much, but it gives the car in the right lights a slight hue. They have several paints that have "slight hues" added to their clear coats in order to make their colors a little different than other similar colors. Most use reds or gold additions. GM has one with blue. Clear coats are really a growing art form with many automotive painters. Try looking at many new paint jobs in different lights and angles. You might be surprised at what you see. :)

#12 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,741 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

A Brief History Of Car Colors — And Why Are We So Boring Now?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users