#1 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

National Guard Turns to Food Banks Because Rick Perry Hasn't Paid Them

http://www.thewire.c...hem-yet/379384/

The National Guard troops Texas Gov. Rick Perry ordered to the U.S. Mexico border last month are using food and gas aid from a local food bank because they haven't been paid in weeks, according to the KGBT. About 50 National Guard troops who were deployed around August 11 visited the food banks, and members of the group told KGBT that they won't be paid until September 5...
it will cost an estimated $12 million a month to sustain the troops, and as of last month the state wasn't sure how it would pay that price... "it's embarrassing that our troops have to stand in a food pantry line. This is the fault of the state."

And by the state, he means Rick Perry.  :grr:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#2 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

I could swear good ol' Rick said that he had funding enough to pay the National Guard troops until Nov.  Oops, until Oct.  

Well, if payroll is due in on Sept 5, at least they don't have long to wait now.

And yes, he who orders up the National Guard is responsible for paying them.  Maybe Texas gets reimbursed, maybe only partially if at all.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#3 243Skunk

243Skunk

A real stinker

• Islander
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

This is universal in the millitary. I once chatted with  TSgt in the USAF who did aircraft maintenence, but needed WIC and foodstamps to feed his famliy.

This country has f*ck*d up priorities. Work on a $250 million fighter, but you are on foodstamps because you dont get paid enough.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Texas

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users