Teen Wolf: A Promise to the Dead

Teen Wolf

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

Just opening the thread early again. I must say that I am greatly anticipating this episode simply because I don't know where these last two episodes are going to end up. The Benefactor and dead pool storylines have been wrapped up so who knows what will happen now.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

Alright, first things first. Watching this season is becoming extremely frustrating. I LOVE the plot line, and the characters, but this constant cutting off right after a scene and not following up is EXTREMELY annoying as hell. Lydia waking up Derek and Braedon and doing the whole Banshee scream...and then NOTHING. No follow up, no nothing. Next time we see derek it's when Scott is giving him the money back. I can't tell you how that pisses me off....that whole scene was pointless, and the time could've been spent going into more character detail. (The derek/braedon/lydiia scene was pointless...not the scott giving the money back)

And speaking of the money...

Damn....Melissia rocked that scene. "What can this buy?" and hands scott the blood covered stack. Downright priceless.

Apparently the fight with the Beserker had more of a impact upon Liam then we thought. hallucinating about the Beserker....damn.

And what is up with the Tricolps? very, very creepy. As is that whole secret wing of Iken house.

So Peter, who seems to have gotten Derek's wolf powers, although I'm still not sure on that, wants his daughter to go after Kate? Seriously? I know Peter is evil, but sacrificing his own daughter?

Why didn't Scott Alpha up against Kate? They're going to have to give us some kind of reason for that. He had more then enough time to do so. I could understand him getting beaten by the Beserker, but he should have still Alphaed up. It makes no sense, story wise, why he didn't. Also, why didn't he just break those straps, when she was starting to turn him into a Beserker?  And why didn't Kira electrify the chain? I thought for sure that was about to happen.

I'll have to watch the episode again to be sure, but it looked like Parrish's eyes turned orange. Not alpha red, it looked orange to me.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:49 PM

That went in some unexpected directions. So Kate and Peter are doing their endgame now since the Benefactor has been disposed of. And what an endgame. That last scene was chilling.

This season has given us some fantastic cold opens and this was no exception. The wendigo about to eat the girl and Deaton coming in and just laying the smackdown on him was awesome. But it got even better when we learn that Eichen House apparently has a secret floor that houses the crazy supernatural creatures. WTF? We need more information about this stat. Then we are introduced to Dr. Valack who has a hole in his head that hides a third eye. Um, WTF? again.

I actually discovered Price Peterson's reviews last week. They are really funny.

Another great scene with Malia and Stiles. I am loving these two as a couple. Keep them together forever Teen Wolf. Also, Malia's comment about deer being her favorite food was priceless. Never change Malia. But is she staying with Stiles? I mean they were sleeping in the same bed the other episode, she was there in the morning, and there at night. Papa Stilinski must be very lax when it comes to them being together.

The money problems were brought up again. Melissa finally found the money and confronted Scott about it. I liked that she brought him back to reality that the money was blood money. Derek also handled it amazingly when Scott gave it back. He understood and was just happy that Scott gave it back. I also think this is the first time where we learn just where Derek gets his money from. It felt like the Stilinski's money problems were wrapped up a little too nicely. It makes sense that Eichen House would forgive the bill since Stiles did almost get killed but after how big of an issue it was made this season it felt like a letdown.

So is Peter turning against Kate or is this just more of his plan? When he attacked Chris he had the help of a Berserker so obviously he and Kate were still allies then. Is he double crossing Kate or does he have a larger endgame in sight? He obviously didn't expect Chris to live so he wasn't keeping his promise to Kate.

Speaking of Chris I was really afraid they were going to kill him off. Luckily Parrish came to the rescue. Good on him to convince Chris to keep fighting by using Allison's memory to give him one final surge of strength.

Kate blames Scott for the death of the Argent family? I guess I can see it. He might not really be to blame but it was his romance with Allison that kicked everything off. But she, Victoria, and Gerard brought everything on themselves and got what they deserved.

That final scene with Kate about to turn Scott into a Berserker was crazy. I wonder if the other two Berserkers are also unwilling victims that Kate turned. Let's hope if Kate does change Scott she can change him back.

A lot of Liam goodness this episode. He's still seeing the Berserker everywhere and pretty much breaking down. That first scene with Liam in bed and the Berserker towering over him was nicely shot. I wasn't sure if it was a dream at first or if maybe Kate was going to kidnap the werepup. Nice that Brett kind of sort of helped him during the game and told Liam how lucky he was to have Scott as an Alpha. Mason stepped up as a friend and I loved the scenes between him and Liam. My guess is that either Liam just breaks down completely next episode since he'll be facing Berserker Scott or he will step up to the plate and help save the day.

Scott and Kira's first date was cute and awesome and it sucks that Kate ruined it. These two just can't catch a break.

Why didn't Scott Alpha up against Kate? They're going to have to give us some kind of reason for that. He had more then enough time to do so. I could understand him getting beaten by the Beserker, but he should have still Alphaed up. It makes no sense, story wise, why he didn't. Also, why didn't he just break those straps, when she was starting to turn him into a Beserker?  And why didn't Kira electrify the chain? I thought for sure that was about to happen.

Not sure. It seems like the Berserker kind of softened him up first. I think if it was Kate and Scott one on one without the Berserker Scott would have won. I also have no idea why Kira has never used any electrical based powers. That would have come in handy.

Damn....Melissia rocked that scene. "What can this buy?" and hands scott the blood covered stack. Downright priceless.

Agreed. Mama McCall rocks this show.

Alright, first things first. Watching this season is becoming extremely frustrating. I LOVE the plot line, and the characters, but this constant cutting off right after a scene and not following up is EXTREMELY annoying as hell.

Totally agree. They have way over-used that this season. Once or twice is fine but it seems like they've done it every episode or at least every other episode.

I'll have to watch the episode again to be sure, but it looked like Parrish's eyes turned orange. Not alpha red, it looked orange to me.

I'm not sure. They looked more gold to me but like you I will have to re-watch it.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

Argh.  Soooo frustrated with this season.  There's so much potential in the bare bones of it to give a glimpse of how great this season COULD have been: great central themes, great use of the new characters, some truly classic individual moments, Tyler Posey bringing his A-Game in playing Alpha!Scott - but I think we're far enough along now that I'm justified in thinking they seriously dropped the ball with the overarching story.   I think this is a case where their 3-Act structure and attachment to the bait-and-switch of having multiple layers of enemies was an inherent flaw in their planning.  They got so attached to the convoluted mystery of the Benefactor and having to draw that out until "Act 3" that they didn't give enough build-up to what SHOULD have been the heart of the story:  Scott's "True Alpha" moral center being put to the test by both the tempations of the money and having an enemy that brings out the "monster" in him (with the complication of his new responsibilities to Liam).

If Scott's becoming the monster he fears is end-game, this season should have been ABOUT the berserkers and ABOUT Scott's fears of becoming like them.  It should have been ABOUT finding Kate and fixing Derek, and Scott having to realize that maybe he CAN'T fix everything cleanly by just believing it hard enough - maybe being cornered into going with some ethically dark solution vs. letting Derek die.  The deadpool should have been a secondary complication that mainly existed to have Scott juggling both the Kate/Derek thing and increasingly deadly threats to his friends/family, adding to his desperation and rashness in defense of them.  Instead, most of the moments touching on Scott's reactions were scattered in random little scenes, mostly taking a back seat to incremental reveals on the Benefactor mystery for 10 episodes.  Frustrating.

OK, letting go of what could have been and looking at what we actually got:
  • The supernatural wing is a nice addition to the Eichen House mythology.  The third-eye guy or some other threat from there might make a good starting hook for next season?   (Tyler Posey's dad plays the doctor in those scenes.  Not sure if he's supposed to be the same character, Dr. Fenris, as he played in the Season 1 webisode, but I think he'd make a nice recurring character if that floor becomes more pertinent...  )
  • Whatever Parrish turns out to be, I'm going to be so disappointed if his powers are purely physical and don't involve his ability to find the right things to say.  Ryan Kelly is *so good* in those moments where he's defusing a situation or, in this case, finding the right thing to say to get Papa Argent to rally his energy.  It totally comes off like a superpower to me.  (He really should've asked Meredith what he is last week, now that I think about it.)
  • So confused by the Peter & Kate situation again.  Is her berserk-ifying Scott part of Peter's plan, or does he want to kill her because she's gone rogue?  There's got to be more to his desire to have Malia kill Kate... with his newfound strength, it doesn't track that Malia could do what he "can't", so he must need her for something else (or something "more").
  • Decent-ish resolution to Scott's side of the money problem - of COURSE once Melissa found out about it, it would go back ASAP, and the Derek & Scott scene about it was nice.  I do agree that the Stilinski side of things was too pat.  I wish there'd been more Scott/Stiles tension about the money before it was gone.  I always enjoy their little falling-out periods, and this would've been a good trigger for one.
  • Agree that all of the Liam stuff was good.  It's going to be really satisfying when he has some hero moment that gets him over this hump.  (The way they've handled him all season is the one thing I wouldn't change at all, in my rant up above. :) )  Loved Brett's hands-on approach to knocking him back into the game, and I hope he continues to be around a bit next season.  It's nice for Liam to have the advantage of more people around to help him work through this stuff, and having a werewolf who isn't part of the Hale/McCall pack makes for a nice change.  Mason continues to be a welcome addition.
  • I had to LOL at Derek apparently letting Scott use his loft as a hook-up spot.  I know it's a wicked cool set, but the idea of Scott being all "So, mind if I mess around with your lights and use this place for date night?" cracks me up.

But is she staying with Stiles? I mean they were sleeping in the same bed the other episode, she was there in the morning, and there at night.

I assume she's still sneaking into his bed at night and being typical Malia in not caring enough about getting caught to leave super early?  They were both studying in the later scene, and it was before dinner, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything about her actively living there vs. being over to study.

I'd guess the Sheriff is aware that she's sleeping there, but as long as she comes and goes from the window, he can look the other way a bit.
(Since they first mentioned her sneaking in, I've been craving a scene of Papa Stilinski popping in to wake up Stiles one morning and finding them all cuddly and spooning.  It would have been hilarious.  Or, maybe, he sees how happy and peaceful Stiles looks and just quietly closes the door, because after last season, Stiles getting a good night's sleep is worth a bit of looking the other way.)

My guess is that either Liam just breaks down completely next episode since he'll be facing Berserker Scott or he will step up to the plate and help save the day.
D'you think Liam will be facing Scott?  I thought in the preview there were flashes that look like Mason (and Lydia?) being menaced by a berserker back in Beacon Hills, so I'm wondering if maybe Liam deals with that one himself, while everyone else is off helping Scott?  Should make for a nice proving ground for him, one way or the other.

Yeah, assuming he's a phoenix or something similar, they're probably going for the color of flames?

Posted Image
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

Argh.  Soooo frustrated with this season.  There's so much potential in the bare bones of it to give a glimpse of how great this season COULD have been: great central themes, great use of the new characters, some truly classic individual moments, Tyler Posey bringing his A-Game in playing Alpha!Scott - but I think we're far enough along now that I'm justified in thinking they seriously dropped the ball with the overarching story. I think this is a case where their 3-Act structure and attachment to the bait-and-switch of having multiple layers of enemies was an inherent flaw in their planning.  They got so attached to the convoluted mystery of the Benefactor and having to draw that out until "Act 3" that they didn't give enough build-up to what SHOULD have been the heart of the story:  Scott's "True Alpha" moral center being put to the test by both the tempations of the money and having an enemy that brings out the "monster" in him (with the complication of his new responsibilities to Liam).

If Scott's becoming the monster he fears is end-game, this season should have been ABOUT the berserkers and ABOUT Scott's fears of becoming like them.  It should have been ABOUT finding Kate and fixing Derek, and Scott having to realize that maybe he CAN'T fix everything cleanly by just believing it hard enough - maybe being cornered into going with some ethically dark solution vs. letting Derek die.  The deadpool should have been a secondary complication that mainly existed to have Scott juggling both the Kate/Derek thing and increasingly deadly threats to his friends/family, adding to his desperation and rashness in defense of them.  Instead, most of the moments touching on Scott's reactions were scattered in random little scenes, mostly taking a back seat to incremental reveals on the Benefactor mystery for 10 episodes.  Frustrating.

I'm trying to reserve judgment until the finale airs but I'm basically right there with you. I loved the Benefactor storyline but other than a few moments of Scott questioning whether he might have to kill someone and the fact that the entire thing was Peter's demented ramblings it doesn't really flow with how these last two episodes are shaping up. It's really the first time that there's been this big of a disconnect in a seasonal arc. Kate and the mystery of the alpha in season 1 tied together really well. Same with the kanima, Matt, and Gerard in season 2. The Alpha pack and Jennifer complemented each other in season 3a. Same with the oni and nogitsune in 3b. Here though it seems like the Benefactor and deadpool were just a diversion on the way to get to what the season is really all about. Maybe re-watching the season knowing where it is going to end up will allow us to see the clues better but I really don't like that the deadpool seems to have no bearing on how the season ends.

There really should have been more about Scott and his moral dilemma. That really is the heart of the season. Can he live up to what Lydia told Meredith that "not all monsters do monstrous things." Maybe they should have finished off the deadpool arc a little earlier or had it tie into Peter and Kate's plans more. Sure the episode Time of Death was about Scott facing up to the fear that he was becoming more of a monster and maybe a killer but there was no real follow up to it. He never mentioned the dreams or killing Liam or the fact that he has more fangs again. It wasn't until Monstrous that we saw him almost go full alpha and almost kill someone.

I don't mind a bait and switch if it is pulled off well. I think Supernatural season 6 did it perfectly when it seemed like the man arc would be about Eve, Mother of All and then all of a sudden it was like, "Nope. Should have been paying more attention to the civil war in Heaven and what Castiel has been up to." Maybe the finale will tie the deadpool arc and the Mexico stuff together but I'm doubting it.

The supernatural wing is a nice addition to the Eichen House mythology.  The third-eye guy or some other threat from there might make a good starting hook for next season?   (Tyler Posey's dad plays the doctor in those scenes.  Not sure if he's supposed to be the same character, Dr. Fenris, as he played in the Season 1 webisode, but I think he'd make a nice recurring character if that floor becomes more pertinent...  )

I bet that this secret wing is where Chris planned to put Kate. I always wondered exactly what Chris was talking about. I guess this was it. I would be surprised if  Dr. Valack doesn't factor into next season in some way. Maybe the entire secret wing will. Maybe next season will be about uncovering the secrets of Beacon Hills. It's a supernatural magnet and at least some of the people in power are aware of what is going on.

Whatever Parrish turns out to be, I'm going to be so disappointed if his powers are purely physical and don't involve his ability to find the right things to say.  Ryan Kelly is *so good* in those moments where he's defusing a situation or, in this case, finding the right thing to say to get Papa Argent to rally his energy.  It totally comes off like a superpower to me.  (He really should've asked Meredith what he is last week, now that I think about it.)

I've been a fan of Ryan Kelly's since he appeared in Smallville and I agree that he rocks the scenes where he has to find the right words. Not sure if it's a supernatural ability or just the fact that he is a decent, kind guy who really seems to care about people. I loved the scene between him and Chris. I felt so bad for Chris because he was ready to give up. He lost his wife and daughter and his sister was a homicidal maniac who is now a were-jaguar.  I think he would have been fine dying there if Parrish hadn't mentioned Allison and how angry she would be at what was happening to Scott.

So confused by the Peter & Kate situation again.  Is her berserk-ifying Scott part of Peter's plan, or does he want to kill her because she's gone rogue?  There's got to be more to his desire to have Malia kill Kate... with his newfound strength, it doesn't track that Malia could do what he "can't", so he must need her for something else (or something "more").

You're not the only one. I'm not sure if they are double crossing each other or if it's all part of an elaborate plan. It seemed like Peter wanted Scott's alpha power so I'm not sure how turning him into a Berserker furthers that plan since so far we have seen that Berserkers are near unstoppable. If Kate's plan is for Scott's pack to kill him then that also goes against what Peter wants. Or at least what I suspect that he wants. The finale has a lot of explaining to do to make sense of this mess. Maybe he wants Malia to kill Kate because he wants his daughter to be more like him and less like Scott? She is part of Scott's pack and follows his lead. If Peter does want Scott dead then maybe he wants to turn Malia to his side and having her kill Kate is a way to accomplish that.

Decent-ish resolution to Scott's side of the money problem - of COURSE once Melissa found out about it, it would go back ASAP, and the Derek & Scott scene about it was nice.  I do agree that the Stilinski side of things was too pat.  I wish there'd been more Scott/Stiles tension about the money before it was gone.  I always enjoy their little falling-out periods, and this would've been a good trigger for one.

They really missed an opportunity with the money. I thought they would do more with it than just leave it under Scott's bed. I can't even remember the last time there was a real falling out between the boys. I still think about how much I couldn't stand Stiles back in season 1 when he blamed Scott for his dad getting hurt when the mountain lion was running around the school parking lot. That's really the only big falling out I remember between them.

Agree that all of the Liam stuff was good.  It's going to be really satisfying when he has some hero moment that gets him over this hump.  (The way they've handled him all season is the one thing I wouldn't change at all, in my rant up above. :) )  Loved Brett's hands-on approach to knocking him back into the game, and I hope he continues to be around a bit next season.  It's nice for Liam to have the advantage of more people around to help him work through this stuff, and having a werewolf who isn't part of the Hale/McCall pack makes for a nice change.  Mason continues to be a welcome addition.

I won't lie my heart broke a little when Mason said he was going to go and Liam just looked down at his game controller. Dylan Sprayberry has done an excellent job showing the vulnerable side of Liam, as well as the over-compensating for his fears side. I do think that Scott hasn't been handling Liam as well as he should. The dude is obviously suffering from PTSD and having a hard time and from the sounds of it Scott has kind of backed off since he said that it was okay if Liam didn't want to be part of his pack. Liam may not want to fight assassins but Scott should still be there to help him through his problems.

I hope Brett and Satomi both return next season. It seems as if they will be staying in Beacon Hills. If some other supernatural menace shows up then they could help out.

I had to LOL at Derek apparently letting Scott use his loft as a hook-up spot.  I know it's a wicked cool set, but the idea of Scott being all "So, mind if I mess around with your lights and use this place for date night?" cracks me up.

Same here. I think Derek's just being a cool older bro and knows that Scott wants to make a good impression on Kira. I love that he has never seen the Star Wars movies and is confused as to why the fourth movie is actually the first and the first is actually the fourth.

D'you think Liam will be facing Scott?  I thought in the preview there were flashes that look like Mason (and Lydia?) being menaced by a berserker back in Beacon Hills, so I'm wondering if maybe Liam deals with that one himself, while everyone else is off helping Scott?  Should make for a nice proving ground for him, one way or the other.

I'm not sure. I don't think we ever actually see Liam in the preview. It looked like Lydia and Mason were confronting the Berserker alone. I just think Liam's hero moment (if it happens) would have more weight if he goes to Mexico to save Scott and Kira. I think either he goes with Stiles and Derek and whoever else in the first place, or he learns about it after they leave and goes after them alone. Though him staying behind and helping Lydia and Mason would be good too.

Yeah, assuming he's a phoenix or something similar, they're probably going for the color of flames?

Nice GIF. It does look more orange than anything else. I wonder if his eyes have ever flared up before and he just doesn't notice?

I forgot to mention the scene in the locker room where Coach is wondering what Scott and Kira could be doing that would make them late for the game and Liam and Stiles just look at each other and then at the Coach. It was so awkwardly funny.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

He never mentioned the dreams or killing Liam or the fact that he has more fangs again. It wasn't until Monstrous that we saw him almost go full alpha and almost kill someone.

Yeah, his struggles have been almost entirely in the "read between the lines" spaces.  I didn't realize how much I was missing that until this episode made me so excited about Kate bringing out the monster in him, and I got sad that we'll only be getting one more episode to *DO* anything with that.  It feels like such a missed opportunity for what could have been a great season-long arc for the character.

I don't mind a bait and switch if it is pulled off well.
Yeah, me either.  I didn't mean to imply that the concept is bad - Season 2's handling of the Jackson/Matt/Gerard trifecta (with a side of "Lydia, maybe?" red herring) is ridiculously good - just that they fumbled in the execution this season, and it might have been better to keep it simpler to allow for better use of time.

Maybe he wants Malia to kill Kate because he wants his daughter to be more like him and less like Scott? She is part of Scott's pack and follows his lead. If Peter does want Scott dead then maybe he wants to turn Malia to his side and having her kill Kate is a way to accomplish that.
That makes sense.  He does seem to be poking at her in that regard in the preview scene for next week.

I still think about how much I couldn't stand Stiles back in season 1 when he blamed Scott for his dad getting hurt when the mountain lion was running around the school parking lot. That's really the only big falling out I remember between them.
"falling out" was probably a poor word choice.  I was thinking of things like Stiles feeling betrayed when Lydia kissed Scott in first season, or Stiles' getting spooked and trying to stay out of things at the end of second season, or the moments of tension over priorities after Stiles' dad gets taken in 3A.

I don't think we ever actually see Liam in the preview. It looked like Lydia and Mason were confronting the Berserker alone. I just think Liam's hero moment (if it happens) would have more weight if he goes to Mexico to save Scott and Kira.
He's clearly there in Mexico in the "promo #2" tv spot, so that answers that. :)  I think the main reason I wanted him to have his moment back in Beacon Hills is that there's already Kira and Derek and Stiles who could be the tipping point deciding factor in getting Scott out of berserker mode, so for Liam to get his full hero moment, he needs to be THE ONE out of all of them who's able to stand against Scott and get through to him.  I don't think I quite buy yet that Liam could get through where Stiles or Derek would fail, so a solo victory back in town feels more of a fist-pumpy moment to me than either him being "the one" (which I wouldn't quite buy) or just playing a supporting role in the final climax.   I readily admit that this is probably coming from a place of Stiles-bias, though.  I'm greedy for one more big Scott & Stiles scene for the season.

I forgot to mention the scene in the locker room where Coach is wondering what Scott and Kira could be doing that would make them late for the game and Liam and Stiles just look at each other and then at the Coach. It was so awkwardly funny.
Ha! Yeah. :)   "Oh, Coach..."  :)

I also loved the Malia "Deer" moment.  The dreamy look on her face when she says it, like she'd like nothing better than to go out and gut her some Bambi, is great.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, his struggles have been almost entirely in the "read between the lines" spaces.  I didn't realize how much I was missing that until this episode made me so excited about Kate bringing out the monster in him, and I got sad that we'll only be getting one more episode to *DO* anything with that.  It feels like such a missed opportunity for what could have been a great season-long arc for the character.

This has just been a season for a lot of read between the lines scenes. Like you said it had a lot of potential but they focused on things that should have been downplayed and downplayed things that should have been focused on.

You know, I think I might do a end of the season retrospective once this season ends. Maybe re-watch the episodes back to back (I still have the majority of them saved to the DVR and can record the ones I don't during the marathon MTV is doing) and then post my thoughts on the season as a whole.

Yeah, me either.  I didn't mean to imply that the concept is bad - Season 2's handling of the Jackson/Matt/Gerard trifecta (with a side of "Lydia, maybe?" red herring) is ridiculously good - just that they fumbled in the execution this season, and it might have been better to keep it simpler to allow for better use of time.

Trust me I didn't think you meant that the concept was bad. Just the way this season has handled it was bad. I still think season 2 is the highpoint for the series. Just so many good things happened in that season and the arc was incredibly tight with everything fitting together.

"falling out" was probably a poor word choice.  I was thinking of things like Stiles feeling betrayed when Lydia kissed Scott in first season, or Stiles' getting spooked and trying to stay out of things at the end of second season, or the moments of tension over priorities after Stiles' dad gets taken in 3A.

I had forgotten about the Scott/Lydia kiss. Good times. Now since I know you were talking more about smaller moments and not larger storylines I agree. The boys have kind of squared off several times over the course of the series.

He's clearly there in Mexico in the "promo #2" tv spot, so that answers that. :)  I think the main reason I wanted him to have his moment back in Beacon Hills is that there's already Kira and Derek and Stiles who could be the tipping point deciding factor in getting Scott out of berserker mode, so for Liam to get his full hero moment, he needs to be THE ONE out of all of them who's able to stand against Scott and get through to him.  I don't think I quite buy yet that Liam could get through where Stiles or Derek would fail, so a solo victory back in town feels more of a fist-pumpy moment to me than either him being "the one" (which I wouldn't quite buy) or just playing a supporting role in the final climax.   I readily admit that this is probably coming from a place of Stiles-bias, though.  I'm greedy for one more big Scott & Stiles scene for the season.

I didn't even know there was a second promo until now and I just watched it. I don't think Liam will be the one to pull Scott out of Berserker mode. He may be Scott's beta but he is still a new addition to Scott's pack. I would much prefer Derek or Stiles getting through to Scott since they've been with him for a long time. Heck I think Kira would have more of a chance to get through to Scott than Liam.

I do think that Liam going with them to Mexico to save Scott even though he knows he will be facing the Berserkers shows good growth for his character. I'll be happy if he manages to hold his own against one of them and doesn't back down.

Thinking about it, why hasn't the pack found out more information about the Berserkers? Every time they've gone up against them they have been defeated. Teen Derek transforming into adult Derek did a good job against them but he didn't really hurt them in any noticeable way. Hopefully they get some tips on how to take down Berserkers before they head off to Mexico.

Ha! Yeah. :)   "Oh, Coach..."  :)

I also loved the Malia "Deer" moment.  The dreamy look on her face when she says it, like she'd like nothing better than to go out and gut her some Bambi, is great.

Malia has been a goldmine this season for hilarious moments. I hope once the season is over someone with the know how compiles all of her funniest scenes and puts it on YouTube. I would watch that all day long.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Teen Wolf

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users