Details in this thread

Until Dawn Trailer and Gameplay Footage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:18 PM

This game looks awesome. It is basically a slasher film as a game. I love that different decisions can lead to character deaths. Gives the game re-play value. I so need to get a PS4.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Looks good.  I won't be buying a PS4 until Uncharted 4 or some must-have RPG comes out, but I do have an interest in this brand of branching-story game.  I find it interesting to think back to the early days of CD-ROM's when games were all on the "real video with real actors!" bandwagon, but the tech didn't allow for much beyond static video, so they ended up being really unsatisfying as "games" because there was so little GAMEPLAY.  I'm really fascinated how we've kinda come full circle with games like Hard Rain or the Telltale Games titles that are, basically, the same sort of game (branching stories driven by quicktime-events), but through some magic, they now manage to be both enjoyable and feel like real "games".
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Looks good.  I won't be buying a PS4 until Uncharted 4 or some must-have RPG comes out, but I do have an interest in this brand of branching-story game.  I find it interesting to think back to the early days of CD-ROM's when games were all on the "real video with real actors!" bandwagon, but the tech didn't allow for much beyond static video, so they ended up being really unsatisfying as "games" because there was so little GAMEPLAY.  I'm really fascinated how we've kinda come full circle with games like Hard Rain or the Telltale Games titles that are, basically, the same sort of game (branching stories driven by quicktime-events), but through some magic, they now manage to be both enjoyable and feel like real "games".

Never played any of those early CD-ROM games but I do love me a branching-story game. It's one of the main reasons I picked up Heavy Rain. I won't lie though on my second play-through I did a lot the same because I wanted to get the happy endings again. I did change some things up, especially in regards to one character once I knew what was really going on, but not as much as I could have. Might be time to revisit it.

Did you play Beyond Two Souls? That was a fantastic game and one I need to play again to see just how differently it can all turn out.

This game, along with Uncharted and inFamous: Second Son are pushing me towards buying a PS4. There's some good exclusives on the Xbox One but a game where I can play in a slasher type setting will always get the win for me.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, I can't say I've bothered with replaying branching games - a good branching game for me is simply one where, when a branch occurs, there is an option that fits what I actually want to do in the situation.  I find it really hard to play evil or go against my gut instinct of the "right" course of action, so replaying to choose all the "wrong" options just feels silly.  I did admire Heavy Rain for the way it kept the narrative going seamlessly despite the fact that I failed on several QTE's and got half the cast killed.  :)

I haven't played Beyond Two Souls yet.  I haven't bought a new console game in ages.  Going through a bout of PC-gaming nostalgia.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, I can't say I've bothered with replaying branching games - a good branching game for me is simply one where, when a branch occurs, there is an option that fits what I actually want to do in the situation.  I find it really hard to play evil or go against my gut instinct of the "right" course of action, so replaying to choose all the "wrong" options just feels silly.  I did admire Heavy Rain for the way it kept the narrative going seamlessly despite the fact that I failed on several QTE's and got half the cast killed.  :)

I also find it hard to play evil but in games. I do like to replay games just to see how the narrative could have unfolded if I had done things differently. I guess I was lucky that nobody died in my first play of the game. I came close to losing a couple though.

I haven't played Beyond Two Souls yet.  I haven't bought a new console game in ages.  Going through a bout of PC-gaming nostalgia.

I think you would like it. It's set up basically like Heavy Rain but has a more sci-fi/fantasy bent to it.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

Here's a 24 minute video of the game. This definitely whetted my appetite. It looks creepy and apparently there's more than just a killer on the loose. Looks like ghosts might be involved. It also gives off a Saw vibe with that trap at the end. Talk about nerve wracking. Makes you wonder what happens if you don't go through that door.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#7 AaronRic

AaronRic
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Dawn confessed that when buying presents for the crew on the farewell tour she and Jen got matching tatoos, two little stars on her left arm

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users