Arrow CW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

That was a fantastic return for Arrow. It hit all the right beats and gave me two surprises. The first was that Oliver is all ready alive. I thought the show would wait another episode or two to confirm him being alive. The second was Laurel dressing up as Black Canary. I knew it was coming because they've spoiled the heck out of it all ready but I thought her debut was still a few episodes away.

Brickwell's plan was pretty smart. Steal the evidence so he can get a ready made army that has a grudge against the Arrow and is loyal to him since he still has the evidence. He's going to be a good villain.

The fight in the evidence warehouse was really well directed. This show has had some amazing fight scenes before but I really enjoyed this one. It was also nice to see Roy get to kick butt. Whenever he was with Oliver he always seemed to get taken out quickly or just didn't have much to do.

Felicity's reactions were spot on in this episode. Of course she would hold out hope longer than the others, and of course she would crumble and want to be done with the crime fighting business when she learned the truth. There for a second I thought she was going to take the sword and stab Malcolm.

Speaking of, I think he truly is sorry Oliver is gone. It seems like he did believe Oliver had a chance to defeat Ra's, and he was pinning all of his hopes on that. He orchestrated this entire thing, and it failed.

Laurel's Black Canary costume looks amazing. Different enough from Sara's but with touches here and there to show it's inspired by it. I do wonder how she will fare. It wasn't that long ago that she tried to take the abuser down and instead ended up getting whooped. She's been training since then but not a lot.

Am I the only one not engaged by the flashbacks this year? I just can't get into any of the drama going on in Hong Kong. I was hoping the flashbacks wouldn't even be in this episode. I figured showing no Oliver would drive home the fact that he is gone.

Not too surprising that Tatsu is still alive. Now we just need to know how she brought Oliver back to life.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

Alright, anything short of the Lazarus pit being responsible for bring Oliver back is going to be a deal breaker. I mean, setting aside the 2 through the body, one having to have gone through a lung, Oliver fell down the ravine how many hundreds of feet? Every bone, or definitely at least his skill, would've shattered like a eggshell.

While Brickwell's plan was brilliant, in getting the criminals freed...his supposed leverage over them isn't. Once the evidence left police custody, chain of evidence was destroyed. Meaning that even if he gave it back, it wouldn't be admissible in court.

Loved Laurel's black canary outfit.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

Alright, anything short of the Lazarus pit being responsible for bring Oliver back is going to be a deal breaker. I mean, setting aside the 2 through the body, one having to have gone through a lung, Oliver fell down the ravine how many hundreds of feet? Every bone, or definitely at least his skill, would've shattered like a eggshell.

I doubt it was the Lazarus Pit. I thought that's what they would do but now it doesn't seem likely. Plus the Pit usually drives the person who used it insane.

While Brickwell's plan was brilliant, in getting the criminals freed...his supposed leverage over them isn't. Once the evidence left police custody, chain of evidence was destroyed. Meaning that even if he gave it back, it wouldn't be admissible in court.

I doubt many of the thugs know that. I'm also guessing the show won't address it at all. I could see them getting the evidence back and putting all those guys away again.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,922 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 22 January 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Brickwell's plan was pretty smart. Steal the evidence so he can get a ready made army that has a grudge against the Arrow and is loyal to him since he still has the evidence. He's going to be a good villain.

As stated, though, Brick's threat to return the evidence is empty; now that the chain of custody is broken, it's permanently tainted and inadmissible. That bugged me too.

The fight in the evidence warehouse was really well directed.

I liked the part with those big pipe things that Roy was running through and parkouring off of. That was visually striking.

Laurel's Black Canary costume looks amazing. Different enough from Sara's but with touches here and there to show it's inspired by it.

I just think she looks ridiculous. I've never found her appealing to look at, and she looks even worse in costume. That straight platinum wig and the oversized mask just don't work anywhere near as well as Sarah's Canary disguise.

Not too surprising that Tatsu is still alive. Now we just need to know how she brought Oliver back to life.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I couldn't believe they'd kill off a major DC character like that. And since her co-creator Mike Barr is a friend of mine, I'm pleased that he'll be getting more royalties. But then, he must've been getting a lot over the past few years, with Katana getting featured in Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Beware the Batman as well as here.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

As stated, though, Brick's threat to return the evidence is empty; now that the chain of custody is broken, it's permanently tainted and inadmissible. That bugged me too.

Like I said in my second post, though, I don't think the show is going to address that. If they planned to, they wouldn't have let Brick use the threat of returning the evidence as a means to keeping the men loyal to him.

I liked the part with those big pipe things that Roy was running through and parkouring off of. That was visually striking.

Same. That was basically the reason I really liked the fight.

So how long does everyone think Oliver will be gone? They brought him back to life this episode and he's going to find out what has been happening in his city soon enough. So either he returns fairly quickly or something else happens to keep him from going back and from letting his loved ones know he's alive. Which if he does stay gone a large amount of time and doesn't tell anyone he's alive that's going to create a lot of drama.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,922 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 23 January 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

So how long does everyone think Oliver will be gone?

I think I read a quote from one of the producers calling this the first of a "trilogy" of episodes. So that might be a clue.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arrow, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users