Fantastic Four Trailer Fantastic Four 2015

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,870 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

I must confess, this trailer has me intrigued enough that I want to see the movie.

The director admits inspiration from Cronenberg (The Fly), and liking the Ultimates' take on the first family of superherodom.  And in the commentary, they mentioned about trying to incorporate real science (I'm guessing the latest in scientific thinking -- which is appropriate in SF) and drama into the story.  Which, from the looks of things is touching on the SF/Horror comics roots of the Fantastic Four.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

I'm not sure Fox knows how to sell this movie but I'm really looking forward to it. The Ultimate FF comics they're drawing from (by Mark Milar and Warren Ellis) are spectacular.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Oh, this is going to be such a train wreck.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,870 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:23 AM

Interesting reactions as they are completely at odds with my own.

BTW, Good to see you again, Scott.  Welcome back.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

Thanks! I'm one of those who thinks it would be impossible to do justice to the Lee/Kirby FF in movie form without doing it as a fairly camp period piece. (Which I would LOVE, by the way.) The whole point of the Ultimate FF was to see if the same essential things you got in those comics (forward-looking SF morality plays in the superhero milieu) could grow in a more naturalistic, modern environment. The answer to that, IMO, was yes - for about three years worth of issues. Really great stuff. I'm glad this is the route they took for the movie. I'm a pretty big fan of Josh Trank's last film, Chronicle -  which, not coincidentally, is also an SF morality play in the superhero milieu - and I was excited to learn that Philip Glass is composing new music for the film.

Is Fox trying to create the classy superhero movie?

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

I agree that the FF should be a period piece.  It could probably work, too, in an era when both Captain America and X-Men: First Class were successful.  This may turn out to be a good movie, but it won't be the FF.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

That trailer really wants everyone to know that the movie is seriously a super serious realistic comic book movie. Seriously. The trailer really didn't do much for me but I'm never been a big FF fan. Maybe the full length trailer will get me more excited.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,987 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

I've been a big FF fan for nearly fifty years-- I practically learned to read on Lee/Kirby FF-- and I am quite underwhelmed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fantastic Four, Trailer, Fantastic Four 2015

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users