Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,469 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

Agents of SHIELD is back and it's not messing around.

Initially, I was thinking (having not recently rewatched the mid-season finale) that the team had been trapped in the tunnels, but it turns out not to be the case.  Instead Simmons was leading a SHIELD team in mapping, cataloging, and generally prepping the underground city for destruction.  While there, they encounter a considerably altered and rather prickly Rayna, and mayhem ensues.

While Rayna is at a low-point, her revelation that Skye survived the terrigen process sent the good Doctor on an emotional high.  Yeah.  He's unstable yet hopeful that he might reclaim his daughter and become the father she needs now that this change has come.

Skye is stuck in quarantine having tests run, with the likes of Coulson, May, Fitz, and quite surprisingly Bobbi visiting.  Bobbi being the one who had prepped a care package for Skye.  I am uncertain just when those two had bonded, but then again, maybe it is as Bobbi says, the whole shared experience of quarantine -- however, can we trust anything Bobbi says?

That Mack's remote-Lola is a scanning device was both impressive, and somewhat disturbing, -- indicating just how fractured this new team is.  Of course, given SHIELDs history of secretiveness, and the eruption of HYDRA from their ranks, obviously, the rank and file are no longer inclined to "trust the system."  Given Tripp's death, the fractures continue to grow, and could it be that Hunter (of all people) might prove to be the most trustworthy of the new group.  At least his distrust was out in the open.

With Coulson and May talking in front of Bakshi I knew it was going to be a set-up; that they were attempting to get HYDRA to self-destruct was something I hadn't anticipated.  Good on Coulson for managing to devise that strategem, and it is nice to see that General Talbot is adopting a more flexible attitude regarding SHIELD.

Simmons is really handling Tripp's death badly, and her continued estrangement from Fitz is starting to tell.  That she came to the conclusion that those with powers are a "plague" that need to be wiped out is disheartening.  Of course, her world of certainty has come crashing down around her and I'm guessing she is trying to reach for a clear definition of the problem as opposed to recognizing it as the very grey issue that it is ... afterall, they are still dealing with people, even if those individuals do possess powers far beyond that of mortal men.

Then there is Fitz ... that he was the one to deduce just what happened, and that he is now able to empathize with Mack and Skye is telling.  Indeed, I like his attitude:  "You're different, and that's OK," and I particularly like that not only was he willing to cover up her secret, it was he who would give Skye the hug that she desperately desired.

Obviously, new dynamics are now in motion, and with that strike against HYDRA, has Coulson and his team bought themselves some breathing room to adjust?

Stay tuned, True Believer, and find out ....

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, Fitz was really the star of this episode, both in his talk with Mack and his rescue of Skye.  Simmons' outburst was definitely disturbing and I hope that they're not setting her up to be the "mutant"-hunting bigot-- which would put her at odds with Fitz.

Coulson's HYDRA smackdown was awesome and it's good to see Talbot showing some sense.  I wonder if this all signals another sea change in the show, veering away from dealing with HYDRA and toward dealing with, or searching for, the Inhumans.

No sign of Ward or Agent 33 this week, which is fine with me.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:47 AM

That was a pretty good plan to get hydra to self destruct. It was sneaky, and on very short notice.  I really had to think back to figure out how they made Bakshi think there was a conspiracy.  But it was when Hunter said he was being paid by "a bunch of people" to kill him.

Unfortunately, they seem to have killed everyone BUT the head. :( Because Whitehall was only in charge of a "region", or something.

So who is this Von Strucker?  He is clearly the one who is REALLY in charge of Hydra.  And it seemed he doesn't even show his face to the Hydra council (or whatever that was), only to his one messenger, who carries his orders to the rest.

And now Von Strucker and his messenger are apparently the only two left.  And no one even knows they exist (unless Bakshi talks).

Ok, Fitz is awesome!  :D  He was upset at first, when he realized that something was wrong / different about Skye.  But it seems that what he was really upset about, was thinking that there was something wrong with him, that he could not understand what he was looking at.  Once he realized that Skye was different, he knew that what he thought he was seeing was true.  So once he knew there was nothing wrong with him, he was totally fine with Skye being different!  :D :D :D

I'm so glad we get to see more of Skye's mother.  And it's really fascinating to see how she worked, how she helped people.  And I like that Gordon is continuing her work.  :)

I noticed that the words she said to young Gordon when he was scared, are the exact same words that Gordon said to Raina:  "It's ok beautiful, I'll show you the way." Those are apparently THE words to say to someone who is newly thinking they are a monster: you call them "beautiful"! :cool:

And Fitz basically said that in his own words: "You are not a monster, you're just different, and that's OK." :cool: :cool: :cool:

SFG :alien:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 08 March 2015 - 08:52 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,646 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 08 March 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

So who is this Von Strucker?  He is clearly the one who is REALLY in charge of Hydra.  And it seemed he doesn't even show his face to the Hydra council (or whatever that was), only to his one messenger, who carries his orders to the rest.

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker is the guy Thomas Kretschmann played in the tag scene of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and will play again in Avengers: Age of Ultron. His assistant Dr. List, who spoke for him in this episode, also appeared in the TWS tag scene, though the actor went uncredited there. In the comics, and apparently now in the MCU, Strucker is the head of HYDRA.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

^ Ah, thanks.  That makes sense.  :)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users