Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,469 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

Hunh.  I'm not too sure about the Alt.-SHIELD group, they seem too determine to repeat the mistakes of the former organization.  And given how Bobbi and Mack are operating around their supposed comrades, they're complaints about Coulson being closed-mouth and dictatorial ring remarkably hollow.

As Hunter said in response to Mack's attempt at reconciliation, "All I remember are the lies."

OTOH, at least they aren't drawing out the mystery longer than necessary.

So Skye's dad (Cal) decides to get his little girl back by assembling a team of a Hacker [Wendell Levi], a Hitter [Francis Noches], a Slasher [Karla Faye Gideon], and a Screamer [David Angar] to help him draw Coulson & co. out for a final confrontation.  Unfortunately, in his bid to expose what SHIELD does to people with extraordinary abilities to the world, he threatened the very anonymity that the Inhumans had carefully cultivated for generations, and so ends up on their naughty list.

A nice touch they had regarding Skye/Quake's powers was depicting the results when she attempted to suppress/internalize them.  If they don't manifest externally, they will manifest internally to the user's detriment -- consistent with what I am given to understand is what happens to people when they suppress their frustration/rage/whatever, namely that their health suffers.

So we finally met May's ex ... wait, May was married?!? :eek3:  Apparently so.  What is also interesting is that it seems that the incident that earned her the sobriquet "the Cavalry" is the same one that resulted in her estrangement from her psychiatrist husband, and also where Hunter had possibly first dealt with Mack and Bobbi. Speaking of May's husband, he seems like a nice guy who appears to be generally concerned about the well-being of his patients more than anything.  Also, it was nice that May recognized that Skye works more on an informational "Tit for Tat" basis, and permitted him to reveal some things about their (in particular her) personal life to help him get Skye to open up about her own experiences when dealing with her abilities.

Anyhow, it's nice to see Coulson, May, Fitz, and even Simmons working to try to help Skye ... albeit, Simmons solution of simply drugging her into submission seems more concerned with treating the symptoms to keep everyone else safe, as opposed to addressing the cause which would benefit everyone ... including Skye.  Coincidentally, it is also in line with the traditional SHIELD approach to Gifteds.  It is also interesting that Simmons felt that Fitz's falsifying and suppressing data was the ultimate betrayal of what they once had, all the while ignoring her own actions of leaving Fitz behind because he was different from what she had once known.

Next week, it looks like the gloves are finally off for Coulson to come face to face with Bobbi and Mack and the Alt-SHIELD group.  I knew that it was too convenient (and unrealistic) for Nick Fury to simply hand the reins over to Coulson and have it be universally recognized and accepted.  Others in position of power would insist on having their say, and their way ... but I hadn't anticipated (though in retrospect it is in keeping with the whole SHIELD ouvre) that a power struggle amongst the successors to SHIELD would arise, leading to a discordant reputation arising.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 18 March 2015 - 10:47 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,138 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:04 PM

Well, this was a very interesting twist-- I can't wait to see where this "real SHIELD" is coming from. Are they a surviving group that simply consider themselves rogue group uber alles or do they have the blessing of that world council or whatever it was or are they some creation of Talbot's?  And why would they consider themselves more legit than Fury's hand-picked, back-from-the-dead successor?

I liked the scene where Fitz and Simmons got back into their groove when talking about May and her ex, especially when Simmons remarked that spending more time together might reawaken their old feelings.  I don't think she realized what she was saying.

I also liked the irony of Cal being plucked away by the same group that his dead wife once belonged to.  I wonder what they will do to him.

This was a good episode.  :thumbs-up:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 18 March 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

I also liked the irony of Cal being plucked away by the same group that his dead wife once belonged to.  I wonder what they will do to him.

Yeah, I'm starting to cheer whenever Gordon shows up.  :D  I get the feeling that he will want to help Skye, especially once he finds out who her mother was.  :cool:

BTW, why didn't they try using ICERs when they were fighting all those baddies? :eh:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,138 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

I don't know. Maybe ICERs don't have the range.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

But then they each fought one hand-to-hand.  They should have at least tried the ICERs.  *shrug*

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,138 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

Good point.  Not exciting enough, I guess.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users