• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:09 PM

^ Lil, I hope you didn't think I was implying that!

Just responding to Drew's "if Lil told you to jump off Hoover Dam, etc"  My response is that I trust you enough personally that if you told me to do that it was to save my life or something.

What everyone else decides for them is for them to determine.

And I do believe you know the language of the law and you are straight up to the point that sometimes you agree with Drew against me!  If you said the law was good I would take another look at it to see why!

But you didn't and other people I trust have said the same thing.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#22 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:09 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lil}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm just grateful one of us is competent to wade through the legalese, because I'm too lazy.  :blush:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#23 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:12 PM

Drew, on Oct 2 2003, 12:20 PM, said:

GiGi, on Oct 2 2003, 02:54 PM, said:

Now, I am glad to see you practicing all of those Parental phrases like the "jumping off the Hoover Dam" one.
Yep. Just trying to get into the groove of it.  :cool:
Heehee.  I swore as  child I would NEVER say things like that to children.  We do, but in an exaggerated way to make fun of it and then we state the reasons why a certain behavior is unacceptable.

Like "take your hands OFF your brothers neck, can't you see he CAN'T breathe!!!"

(Drew, pray that you have a girl!!)
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#24 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:33 PM

GiGi, on Oct 2 2003, 07:12 PM, said:

Drew, on Oct 2 2003, 12:20 PM, said:

GiGi, on Oct 2 2003, 02:54 PM, said:

Now, I am glad to see you practicing all of those Parental phrases like the "jumping off the Hoover Dam" one.
Yep. Just trying to get into the groove of it.  :cool:
Heehee.  I swore as  child I would NEVER say things like that to children.  We do, but in an exaggerated way to make fun of it and then we state the reasons why a certain behavior is unacceptable.

Like "take your hands OFF your brothers neck, can't you see he CAN'T breathe!!!"

When the kids were little (my niece and nephew), I had zebra finches - and I used to yell "no hissing, no spitting, no chasing!" at them when they got rowdy. When the kids would fight I would yell "no hissing, no spitting, no chasing! Don't look at your sister, don't talk to your sister, DON'T TOUCH YOUR SISTER!" They'd crack up every time and forget what they were fighting about.  :hehe:

I have to admit that now that Ben is almost 21, and Jenna is almost 17, I *still* haven't gotten up the nerve to get in a car with either of them.  :lol:  Sure makes you empathize with your parents.  :p

Girls aren't any easier - they're just difficult in other areas than boys.  :wideeyed:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#25 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:43 PM

GiGi, on Oct 2 2003, 09:12 PM, said:

But then I'm doomed. Because all she'll have to do is look up at me with watery eyes and I'll give her anything she wants.  :look:
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#26 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 10:30 PM

Girls aren't any easier - they're just difficult in other areas than boys. :wideeyed:

Ohh, YES. :lol: My mother, because of her bad relationship with her father, wasn't at all certain she'd be able to deal with sons. She never found out, because she had two daughters, but I'm afraid that we put her through hell. :crazy: Poor, poor woman, thinking that daughters would be easier... :wideeyed:
"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: California, Prop 54, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users