Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Star Wars or Star Trek? (See a SWARM INTELLIGENCE decide)

artificial intelligence star wars star trek

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unum

unum
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

HUMAN SWARMING is a new form of A.I. that uses human input in real-time to create an emergent intelligence...

Check out a SWARM INTELLIGENCE answering the age-old question - "STAR WARS or STAR TREK?"

http://unanimousai.com/star-wars-or-star-trek-we-let-the-swarm-decide/

The video is only 15 seconds, but it's way cool.

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

Interesting process, but it implies that the majority are correct and the minority are wrong.  Which seems rather counterproductive for such a subjective topic, where the question is a matter of personal opinion.

Also, a sample size of 9 people seems rather small to be called a "swarm".  

So I would be curious to see this experiment performed on different types of questions, and I would like to see how the behaviour evolves with a larger group of participants!  :D

SFG  :harper:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 05 April 2015 - 11:35 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

The problem is the question itself... along with the answers.  It asks "classic" scifi movies... TERMINATOR and MATRIX are hardly classic, if the definition of that would be older.  Given TERMINATOR started over 30 years ago, I guess that could qualify, but THE MATRIX certainly doesn't.  And I wouldn't count DOCTOR WHO, as the two movies were basically film versions of two seperate stories.  They are not even considered canon.

The whole thing is a loaded question.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 05 April 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

Also, it came up with the wrong answer.  :lol:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove.  It looks like simply a poll.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 05 April 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Also, a sample size of 9 people seems rather small to be called a "swarm".
Seems about right for Klingons, though.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artificial intelligence, star wars, star trek

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users