Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,696 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

Another strong episode as they now are starting to weave the disparate plot-threads together as events come towards a head.

HYDRA's interests in powered individuals continues unabated after Whitehall's death, with them apparently being able to somehow identify Inhumans, and has been tracking Gordon's appearances through his "quantum entanglement" signature; Coulson has reached out to Ward and Kara/Agent 33 to discover what HYDRA knows, while trying to track down Skye; and May is attempting to find out what her erst-while boss is up to.

As one might imagine, a lot of paths cross with Gordon bringing Cal and Skye to Milwaukee, suddenly HYDRA vectors in on them followed by Coulson's crew; meanwhile Skye's reaching out to May brings Gonzales' gang to the scene as well, leading to a volatile showdown and a degree of frustration as Skye is whisked away under EVERYONE's noses by Gordon.

Again, trust issues arise as Skye and Jiaying discuss the best method of dealing with Cal. Mom wants him out of afterlife, as he is too unstable to remain within such a closed community; Skye, OTOH, knows that Cal is going to react badly if he is simply abandoned, without hope of ever seeing them again, and wishes to ease him into it. Of couse, Skye also wants to get back in contact with her friends, unaware of just how much things had changed. Simmons and May are now a mite wary of each other after Simmons revelation that she switched boxes with Fitz, and May figuratively threw Fitz under the bus to cover for Simmons' deception with Bobbi.  Meanwhile, Bobbi and Mack are really questioning Gonzales' priorities as his focus seems wholly on Coulson and what might be in Fury's Toolbox, as opposed to dealing with the still extant HYDRA threat; and Skye is spending some quality time with dad once they've returned to Milwaukee.  Then, of course, there is the whole issue surrounding Ward and whatever he might have planned, even though he is nominally aligned with Coulson's crew.

Finally, Coulson allows himself to be brought in by Bobbi ... so maybe next week we can see some level of rapproachment between the SHIELD factions.

So, will SHIELD become reunited?  Will Afterlife still remain a safe haven in light of HYDRA's ability to track Gordon's appearances?  Will Skye ever return to her friends?

Stay tuned, true believers, and find out!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,520 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

Skye's mom seems to be a bit questionable in the morality department.  Add that to the glimpses of Gordon's dark side that we've seen and it makes me wonder about this little society of Inhumans.  I've been wondering if we're seeing the Great Refuge, but it's starting to seem like some not-so-great refuse.

Cal, on the other hand, is a riot when he's in a good mood.  He's become quite a sympathetic character.  It was his love of his wife and daughter that turned him into a monster.  He's certainly more worthy of redemption than Ward, who I wish would just disappear.  And, of course, Kyle Maclachlan is great (making me even more psyched for the Twin Peaks sequel).

I'm still not sure how much May is playing along with Gonzalez and how much she is being swayed.  Was she really kept out of the loop?  Coulson did tell her to initiate Theta Protocol at one point.  She certainly didn't seem too happy to seem him side-by-side with Ward.  Bobbie, on the other hand, seems to be questioning nuSHIELD more and more.  And Simmons isn't happy at all.

"Take me to your leader."  Coulson cracks me up.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users