6 replies to this topic

#1 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

Reminder:

The season 4 finale of OUAT tonight, Operation Mongoose, will be two hours long, airing from 8:00-10:01 pm!  :cool:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 KathyW2200

KathyW2200
  • Islander
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the reminder.  I use TV Guide's iPad app, which is very good, but unfortunately show length is not noted for shows placed on your Watchlist.  It was sheer luck I noticed the extra hour in the listings.

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,863 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Yes, thank you very much for the reminder.  :nod:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

Once Upon A Time is an actor's wet dream. Like the old Hitchcock series, the same actors get to play multiple roles instead of being stuck in the same character rut for eternity. What Hitchcock was doing was a throwback to the early days of television, when we called television dramas "plays". You'd get different stories each week, acted by the same cast of characters. Although the acting back then was live . . .

The show itself (OUAT) has a theatre feel to it, which is mainly why I watch it.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,618 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

Actually they had done the same thing on A&E's Nero Wolfe with Maury Chaykin and Timothy Hutton.

The cast was divided between those playing recurring roles, and those who were utilized in a variety of guest roles, with an odd guest star making an appearance.  All in all, it didn't detract from the show and lent it an air of theatre.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,863 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

I love the theatrical approach, in all senses of the word.

I didn't know there was currently a Nero Wolfe series on the air.  I'll have to track that down.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

Ditto! Thanks for the heads-up!
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DVR Alert, Reminder, Once Upon a Time

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users