27 replies to this topic

#1 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:00 AM

Tio/Deb said ....

"Live life to the fullest, because one never knows when that bat to knock you out is close at hand, Love, give unconditionally, be cheerful, let nothing steal your lighting, your are a vessel of cheer, spread it around. Life is to short to carry fear, anger give them to the Lord and let him take care of it. Live and be happy"

Tio lost her fight against cancer yesterday.

RIP 'sis' :(

I will be running the Race for Life [Pretty Muddy] in your honour on 4th July, I know you'll be looking down and cheering me on.

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

oh my god.  I started bawling my eyes out when I read this.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Internet friends drift in an out, but I have known TIO since the very beginning, at Gordon's and at Keith's boards.  A dear friend for 15 years, and she never failed to make me smile.  *sniff, sniff*

I can't see to type anymore. :cry:  Has this been posted at Lea's and Keith's?

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

RIP, fellow traveler.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#4 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

Oh no! Such a sweetheart! May she rest in peace. My deepest condolences to all who loved and still love her.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#5 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,343 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:54 AM

So sad.  R.I.P.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#6 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

I have no words.... :waah:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#7 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

SFG, I started crying when I read the news this morning, hit me so hard :(  I haven't posted it anywhere else.

edited to add, I left a note over at Keiths.

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Oh, no.  :cry:  She was so sweet.  :(

RIP, innocentone.

My condolences to her family and to all her friends.  :hugs:

This is a sad day at Ex Isle.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

AN INNOCENT ONE
© 2015 by Rick Hutchins

Life is fragile
like a wispy white cloud
over a desert--
bleached and burned
by an unrelenting sun.

The sun does not relent.

A victory
is only a reprieve
in the endless war--
entropy
must need only bide its time.

Only bide its time.

Small victories
are just ends in themselves--
life is fragile and
entropy
will take an innocent one.

An innocent one.

Sadness. Anger.
But the anger is defeat
in the endless war--
don’t give up
a piece of a fragile life.

Life is fragile.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#10 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

Very fitting, RJ.

So sad...I didn't even know :(. I'm sorry this has come to pass. RIP.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 23 May 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#11 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

oh, no. This is so sad. :(

Rest Peacefully, Innocentone. Attached File  a7c35b0f45aa8afe2f1728d9bbf283129b1d82a_r.gif   96bytes   1 downloads
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#12 stablechild

stablechild
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:51 AM

I never had the chance to interact with TIO... I only wish I could have gotten the chance to meet her. My condolences to our family on Exisle

#13 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:19 AM

Every word from TIO was such a wonderful combination of silliness and joy.  We could always count on her to brighten our day, just by the way she said hello.

I keep thinking of her grandbabies.  Is there any way we could put together a collection of well wishes to send to her family?  Or a note from all of us?  How is her family doing?

Rae, I'll send a PM to Mare at Lea's.  I don't have the guts to post it myself.  :(

And I think we all need a group hug.  :hugs: :hugs: (((((((((everyone))))))))))  :hugs: :hugs:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 25 May 2015 - 02:28 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#14 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:54 AM

Mark: innocentone, you brightened my life. Thank you so much for just being yourself, and bringing joy to my life through your words here on EI. I'll miss you very much.

((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))))))
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#15 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 25 May 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

And I think we all need a group hug.  :hugs: :hugs: (((((((((everyone))))))))))  :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#16 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

:hugs:  :hugs:  :hugs:  :hugs:  :hugs:

#17 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

RIP, Innocentone :cry:

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#18 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:23 AM

So sad to read about the loss of Innocentone (Tio). :(  She was such a lovely figure who provided an even keel with intelligent thought.

She'll be sadly and sorely missed.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#19 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

Such sad and horrible news.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#20 mare serenitatis

mare serenitatis

magog with a migraine

• Islander
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

that's absolutely terrible!! I had no idea her health was so bad - she always sounded so positive and funny.
However, we should try to remember the good moments we had with her, not her so suddenly leaving us. I think that's what she'd have wanted us to do.

What I'll always remember as being characteristic for her is her sometimes quite mischievous humour. She never hurt people but always managed to pull their legs in a way that made even the victims laugh out loud. Even from half the globe away I could almost see how she'd put on this innocent "who? meeee?" look. :whistle:
A hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users