Final Fantasy Playstation Sony

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:17 PM

http://www.cnet.com/...ftag=YHFa03506c

Final Fantasy VII is coming to the PlayStation 4. There wasn't much in the way of information or footage, beyond a brief peek of some footage at Sony's E3 2015 press conference on Monday night, but we were given a glimpse of a reimagined version of the beloved roleplaying game, with a promise that it's coming, and headed to the PlayStation 4 first.

I'm not really a big FF fan nor have I played FFVII but this is still major news. This is an announcement designed to make waves at E3.

They didn't give any details but it's fun to speculate. Will the story and characters be the same or changed up so that fans of the original will get new surprises? Turn based combat has evolved since the original game so how will this remake take that into account? When the original Resident Evil was remade it played pretty close to the original even though the series had evolved past that point. So there's an argument to be made that the game could stick close to the original play style.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

I'm happy for those that've been waiting for this, and the visuals in the trailer are pretty cool... but I'd rather they'd just give us FFXV, already, myself. I've never had the nostalgia for VII that some of my friends have.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

^I can understand that. If instead of a new Resident Evil or Uncharted we were getting a remade version of the original I wouldn't be all that happy myself.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

I think to change the system/story/characters in any meaningful way will have a complete backlash from the people who just want the original game to look pretty by today's standards. Personally this isn't worth buying a console for (especially not a new super-duper expensive one) but I hope it remains true to the original game because I probably will pick this up eventually... when the PS5 comes out and I can get the PS4 for a nice discount.

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

^True but they have to do more than simply update the graphics don't you think? Even if they keep the story more or less the same there should be some new twists and surprises. Plus RPG systems have come a long way since FFVII. To keep a more or less outdated control scheme just doesn't seem right. Then again, like I said in my first post, that's what the RE remake did. The controls and fixed camera angles were kept the same as the original even though by that point the games had evolved.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Balthamos

Balthamos

Once more unto the breach!

• Islander
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

I think a controls and interface update might not go amiss though I don't remember having any problems the 2nd time round... I would expect that they could even redo some of the areas to make them truly spectacular. I wouldn't mind seeing Junon canon or the Gold Saucer with modern graphics capabilities. I would have thought modernising of some of the minigames could make them more fun. I think that content wise it would be easier to stay safe but that same content can be rewritten to modern standards.... an example would be the chocobo racing. No need to change the mechanics but on a modern system the controls would be better. There would be more race tracks etc etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Final Fantasy, Playstation, Sony

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users