Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

Spoilers

Posted Image

Posted Image

An easy salvage job on an abandoned ship takes an insidious turn when the Killjoys discover they are not alone and find themselves having to confront their deepest, darkest secrets.

So, why does Killjoys ep-5 sound like a rehash of Dark Matter ep-5?  :rolleyes:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 17 July 2015 - 08:41 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

I miss the days when TV shows had the budget to redress sets and use a bit of greenscreen rather than trying to pass off a warehouse as the interior of a starship. :smirk:
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

A couple of weeks ago, they tried to pass off an abandoned industrial park as an alien planet.  :lol:

And last night on Dark Matter they were in a regular 20th century warehouse looking out the window at a spaceship taking off.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,225 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:28 PM

While we found out a little more about Dav due to the nanite torture session, of course we didn't learn more about Dutch, not even her real name :D (I doubt it is Dutch...is it Little Bird? ;) Or do we know and I forget. Did her mentor name her in one of the flashbacks? )
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,096 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

The actress playing Dutch in the flashbacks is listed as "Yalena (Dutch 8 years)" on IMDb.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Killjoys

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users