#1 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

Spoilers

Killjoys 1-6, pic 4 smaller.jpg

Top Killjoys from around the Quad are pitted against one another in a race to find Big Joe, a legendary bounty hunter gone rogue.

screencap from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,687 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

Oh-Kay :unsure:

How does a bounty hunter go rogue?  Is he disposing of fugitives and refusing to collect the bounty?  Or is he gunning down his former associates?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

^ Since the RAC (the organization that licenses Killjoys) seems to have a lock on bounty hunting activity in the system, this guy's probably doing his thing without being licensed by them, or was licensed and has broken their rules in some other way.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

^ Exactly.  These are not freelancers, they work for the company and must follow the company's rules.  It was made clear to Dutch in the first episode, that the RAC counts on their reputation, as far as when and how a job is done.  And they don't want any employees to mess with that reputation.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,687 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

^^^ Ahhh.  OK.

Having not seen the show, I did not know that.

Does the RAC have a monopoly on Killjoys, or are there rival companies that the RAC must compete with?  I'd think the latter, given their concern over Reputation.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#6 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

^ It's more about access.  Their reputation is as a neutral third-party that isn't affiliated with any specific world or government, so their agents are given a lot of freedom to come and go almost anywhere in pursuit of a warrant without the red-tape and limitations that normal citizens have to deal with.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#7 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

From the ep, it sounds like Joe took a bribe to let an acquisition go, then started taking paying non-bounty jobs that basically amounted to piracy-for-hire. So not so much "rogue" as "former."

There was also the issue that Joe was "one of our own," and the RAC wanted to handle this internally (because otherwise he'd be sent to a Company prison, where he'd likely be killed by the people he'd helped put away).
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Killjoys

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users