Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,596 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

Mack, Daisy and Coulson race against time to keep Lincoln safe; Hunter will do whatever it takes to get revenge.

On ABC tonight, 9pm Eastern/8pm Central

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

Here's hoping we learn more about Simmons' interstellar adventures.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:51 PM

Dude! I thought that you, of all people, would respect my privacy! >:-)

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,596 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

Oy.  It looks as if they're pushing the Daisy-Lincoln-ship.  Sigh.  

OK, so Simmons is experiencing some severe (I think) PTSD, with her heightened awareness of vibrations.  This suggests to me that whatever was hunting her had some kind of vibrating signature to announce is presence.  And poor Fitz.  He's trying, and at least he accepts that she's going to need time to recover from her misadventure. But she wants to go back! :eek2:  Yeah, they're going to tease the mystery of what just happened there for a while yet.

Coulson collaborating with the ATCU, I'm not sure I'm too happy with that development -- especially since Rosalind does not strike me as being particularly trustworthy.  And I noticed that the news mentioned "ATCU and federal agencies" suggesting that the ATCU is not part of the federal government, suggesting that it is a Non-Governmental Organization that the POTUS commissioned.  Oh, I bet General Talbot loved that -- a bunch of yahoos running around causing a panic.

Hunter and May attempting to get into HYRA ... yeah, the rules have changed, and I gotta wonder if Hunter is up for it, apparently his ability to read people is nowhere as good as Bobbie's. Did love May's takedown of the three goons.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 14 October 2015 - 11:57 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

So many surprises here, that I did not see coming.  I did not see a Daisy & Lincoln romance, I REALLY did not see Coulson betraying Lincoln, and ... Simmons wants to go back?!?  :eek:

About the only thing I did expect was May wiping the floor with those three creeps, LOL!   (And satisfying it was, too!  ;) )

I think Coulson has made a serious error in betraying Lincoln.  His being protective of Daisy has gotten a little too personal, and I think it has clouded his judgment.  But this is an irreversible mistake.  There was a very small window to earn Lincoln's trust, and now he will never EVER trust shield again.

And for what?  (Apologies, but I now have to rant at Coulson. ;) ).  What did it get you?  You alienated a potential ally, in return for Rosalyn's word that she would leave daisy alone?  She was obviously never going to honor that!  Blackmail is an ongoing thing.  You think giving her one inhuman now will make her stand down forever?   Even if she backed down temporarily, once she had Lincoln what was to stop her from changing her mind later once she wants something else?  She still had the picture of Daisy.  That deal was never going to be worth it.  *end rant*

Sorry, but if Coulson was going to offer to work with the ATCU, he should have just done that in the first place.  I'm sure nothing good will come of that arrangement, but he could have done that without also destroying Lincoln's last chance of ever trusting a human being.

ANYWAY.  :p  Loved Daisy and Mack playing the video game at the end.  :)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

View PostOrpheus, on 13 October 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

Dude! I thought that you, of all people, would respect my privacy! >:-)  
What happens in the Lesser Magellenic Cloud, stays in the Lesser Magellenic Cloud.  And occasionally wants to go back to the Lesser Magellenic Cloud for more.

View PostG-man, on 14 October 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

Oy.  It looks as if they're pushing the Daisy-Lincoln-ship.  Sigh.  
That surprised me.  I was expecting a Daiy-Mack ship.

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 14 October 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

I think Coulson has made a serious error in betraying Lincoln.  
I agree.  That was totally unlike him.  On the other hand, his final solution was pure Coulson:  Working with them and hoping to change their minds.  But Lincoln will never trust anyone ever again after that.

Well, I knew the story of the alien planet wasn't over, but I didn't expect Simmons to want to go back.  Is it some trauma thing, where she no longer feels acclimated to Earth, or-- more likely-- some sort of unfinished business from her time there.  Was there somebody else there who needs help?  I was impressed with the writers' attention to detail concerning the effects of spending months on an alien world, from her balance adjusting to the difference in gravity to the vitamin D deficiency.  And good old Fitz, trying his best to help her-- her reserved the whole restaurant for her.  :)

And speaking of ships-- there's an awful lot of flirtation going on between Coulson and Rosalind.  Maybe love will save the day.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 14 October 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

And speaking of ships-- there's an awful lot of flirtation going on between Coulson and Rosalind.  Maybe love will save the day.  :lol:

Oh!  I can't believe I almost forgot!  I laughed so hard at Rosalind's "Hey, eyes up here" line ... because Coulson was staring at her CAR!!!  :howling: :howling: :howling:

Ha, Coulson and his car fetish!  :hehe:

Coulson:  What's her name?
Rosalind:  It's a car.  It doesn't have a name.
Rosalind:  And it's a he.

:p

SFG ;)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,596 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:45 AM

Ye-eah, well their treatment of Lincoln was pretty much standard SHIELD controlliness in dealing with those they have an interest in.  The whole idea that people don't like to be spied upon, manipulated, or otherwise coerced never seems to occur to them (just witness their behavior in the first Thor movie).

The situation was already out of their hands once the ATCU broadcast the bolo and public announcements.  So fro then on, the wee engaged in salvaging what they could.  And considering Coulson's fondness for Daisy, not to mention that she is the only full-time "enhanced" on his staff, he was willing to make some sacrifices, among them being Lincoln, to avoid losing her.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 14 October 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

We don't see enough of Lola.  :(

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

And of course the hand puns!!!  :p  "Disarmed" "Up your sleeve" "Hand it to you".  :rolleyes:

This is hilarious:

"Not the Face Not the Face Not the Face!"  :howling:

And to be more random:

"Hearty!"  :lol:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 17 October 2015 - 10:44 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

I saw that Domino's commercial the other day.  :lol:  I think those other people are famous, too.

#12 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

I noticed something else in this episode.  There was an interesting recurring theme, of battle scars.  Everyone on the team has them, everyone, and each one was shown or mentioned in this episode.  Some are physical, some are emotional, and some are psychological.  We are reminded of just how much this team has been through, and each and every one of them has been changed by it in so many ways.  

There is Coulson's hand, and Bobby's knee.  There is Simmons trauma, and May's.  While Fitz was deciding how best to help Simmons, he drew inspiration from the patience of his friends during his long recovery last year.   And the rest are dealing with trust issues, and betrayal.

But the focus is not on how much they are hurt, but rather on how they cope, and learn, and have all become stronger.  They are all a little more cynical, a little less innocent, and a little wiser.  The world is a harsh place, and it has shaped and reshaped everyone on this show.  

SFG :humble:

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

But despite all that the show (and the characters, mostly) continues to have an optimistic tone.  When the show started, the thing that really appealed to me was Coulson's "blue skies" attitude. I almost dropped it during the HYDRA uprising, but I'm glad I stuck with it.  It sort of reminds me of Babylon 5 with its themes of struggling through adversity and building something new.

#14 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,596 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

What I like is that the main characters are still trying to be good people, it goes a long way towards establishing their likability, even when they make mistakes; and helps to sell them as heroes.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,707 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

Exactly.  I've been tired of corrupt anti-heroes for a long time. That's why I finally bailed on mainstream comics.  The characters on SHIELD are people I can like and admire.

#16 miketom

miketom
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 14 October 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 14 October 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Oh!  I can't believe I almost forgot!  I laughed so hard at Rosalind's "Hey, eyes up here" line ... because Coulson was staring at her CAR!!!  :howling: :howling: :howling:

Coulson:  What's her name?
Rosalind:  It's a car.  It doesn't have a name.
Rosalind:  And it's a he.

:p

SFG ;)
If it's a he or she, it needs a name.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users