^ My friend Torrie clued me in to that theory in chat the other day.
Clues to support the Andrew = Lash theory:
1) I was already certain that Andrew got out of the building alive, given that we only saw feet and a pool of blood. But how did he manage it without a weapon? And Lash would explain why Strucker Jr looked so terrified, he doesn't scare easily.
2) May mentioning that Andrew left her
, and his mysterious disappearance. Those were mentioned, and if not about Lash, then what the heck do
3) All signs point to Lash being someone inside one of the two main organizations. Whenever SHIELD and the ATCU are racing be the first to an inhuman, Lash just
beats them both there. Even when the inhuman has been out there for a while. Implying that he finds out around the same time they do! Also, Lash apparently has access to his victims email addresses. As Andrew's job is to evaluate all new inhumans, SHIELD probably gives him various info about them!
4) Speaking of his evaluating inhumans, they keep asking why the only report he ever gives is "wait and reevaluate", he hasn't approved anyone
for the field yet. Like he's dragging his feet, or he just wants to keep them locked up.
But before I heard the Andrew theory, I had my own theory about who Lash is, and I felt pretty sure about it then.
I forget his name, but you know the goon looking guy who does Rosalind's bidding? I think it's him.
1) They kept calling Lash a "pit bull", and that guy acts like Rosalind's pit bull. (I'm just using their wording, it's actually an insult to pit bulls.)
2) They made a point of noting how quickly he left the scene when he knew that SHIELD agents were heading to their base. They thought it was to hide base secrets before they got there, but what if it was to ambush the truck? Lash knew exactly where that truck was, and who was in it. And he didn't want that guy to talk.
3) It would explain how the ATCU had all those emails in their records, but never traced the virus. Also, ditto what I said before about Lash being in one of the two organizations.
4) When Daisy called the ATCU to ask about the emails, didn't she talk to that guy? She said he "gave her the creeps"!
But if this theory is true, there is one detail I can't seem to guess: does Rosalind know? Is he hiding it from her? Or is he acting under her orders? IDK.
On the other hand, when Daisy said Lash could be anyone
, the camera cut straight to a scene showing Rosalind herself!
And they called her "dragon lady"!
Anyway, each theory is supported not just by several clues, but each by different types
of clues. And one of them is certainly a red herring. Given that we are not supposed to trust the ATCU and Andrew would be a more shocking twist, I'm leaning that way. But we'll see!
(Oh, and if Lash could be "anyone", I'm guessing we can still rule out Ward, at the very least for geographical reasons.
Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 22 October 2015 - 09:45 AM.