Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,654 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:57 AM

Coulson and the team search for the Inhuman who is killing other Inhumans; May worries Hunter's mission to bring down Ward is becoming too personal.

Airing on ABC at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,169 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

I don't care if it becomes too personal, as long as it succeeds, and quickly.

Hopefully we will learn more about what is happening with Simmons.....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 243Skunk

243Skunk

A real stinker

• Islander
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:45 AM

Looks like they got the "ginger ninja" in custody. Wondering what the backstory is on that.

Is it me, or is this season starting off slower than last?

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,654 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

^^^ I think it's just you ;)

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,654 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:50 PM

Al-righty then, the plotlines are moving forward.

Rosalind and Phil are getting cosier, even sharing Intelligence with each other and cooperating on missions ... even as they vie to be the first on the scene to get full access to any clues that might be found.

Daisy and Mack are proving themselves to be good partners, I loved Mack's expression when Daisy offered to take the lead.

Simmons is ... still dealing.  Thanks to Bobbi, she found a confidante and confederate ... but I'm glad that she finally is letting Fitz in.  OTOH, I did like the bit where Bobbi STILL hadn't adjusted to the system that FitzSimmons had in place.  That Simmons could explain the reasoning, and then realized that being so rigid could be really annoying.  Admittedly, having the system in place to define and annotate the kind of evidence at the scene when it is gathered does make sense in that they can then go immediately into analysis instead of having to sort and identify the evidence back at the lab.

And, yeah, Hunter is back on May's list, big time.  Not only for screwing up, but for what the screw up ultimately cost May.  And I think May will compound her hard feelings over this based on her guilt over how she last treated her Ex when the good doctor attempted to reach out to her.  Albeit, I think Ward was probably going to kidnap the guy anyway, given how quickly he could get agents to surround the guy, but the shoot-out prompted a change in plan to execute him.

Then there is Lash.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,169 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

But did it actually cost May anything?

They went out of their way to not show the face of the body on the floor.  Only the young kid emerged from the store, and he was pretty freaked out.

Andrew disappeared on May while they were away together on sabbatical.

And Lash can apparently change back and forth to human form at will.

Hmmm.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,654 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:08 AM

^^^ That's a good point, and does address why Lash didn't strike down Daisy.

Although it doesn't explain his gunning for Lincoln.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:42 AM

^ My friend Torrie clued me in to that theory in chat the other day.   :eek:

Clues to support the Andrew = Lash theory:

1) I was already certain that Andrew got out of the building alive, given that we only saw feet and a pool of blood.  But how did he manage it without a weapon?   And Lash would explain why Strucker Jr looked so terrified, he doesn't scare easily.  

2) May mentioning that Andrew left her, and his mysterious disappearance.  Those were mentioned, and if not about Lash, then what the heck do those mean???

3) All signs point to Lash being someone inside one of the two main organizations.   Whenever SHIELD and the ATCU are racing be the first to an inhuman, Lash just beats them both there.  Even when the inhuman has been out there for a while.   Implying that he finds out around the same time they do!  Also, Lash apparently has access to his victims email addresses.   As Andrew's job is to evaluate all new inhumans, SHIELD probably gives him various info about them!

4) Speaking of his evaluating inhumans, they keep asking why the only report he ever gives is "wait and reevaluate", he hasn't approved anyone for the field yet.  Like he's dragging his feet, or he just wants to keep them locked up.  

---

But before I heard the Andrew theory, I had my own theory about who Lash is, and I felt pretty sure about it then.  

I forget his name, but you know the goon looking guy who does Rosalind's bidding?  I think it's him.

1) They kept calling Lash a "pit bull", and that guy acts like Rosalind's pit bull.  (I'm just using their wording, it's actually an insult to pit bulls.) ;)

2) They made a point of noting how quickly he left the scene when he knew that SHIELD agents were heading to their base.  They thought it was to hide base secrets before they got there, but what if it was to ambush the truck?  Lash knew exactly where that truck was, and who was in it.  And he didn't want that guy to talk.  

3) It would explain how the ATCU had all those emails in their records, but never traced the virus.    Also, ditto what I said before about Lash being in one of the two organizations.

4) When Daisy called the ATCU to ask about the emails, didn't she talk to that guy?  She said he "gave her the creeps"!  :oh:

But if this theory is true, there is one detail I can't seem to guess: does Rosalind know?   Is he hiding it from her? Or is he acting under her orders?  IDK.  

On the other hand, when Daisy said Lash could be anyone, the camera cut straight to a scene showing Rosalind herself!  :p  And they called her "dragon lady"!  :lol:

Anyway, each theory is supported not just by several clues, but each by different types of clues.  And one of them is certainly a red herring.  Given that we are not supposed to trust the ATCU and Andrew would be a more shocking twist, I'm leaning that way.  But we'll see!  :D

(Oh, and if Lash could be "anyone", I'm guessing we can still rule out Ward, at the very least for geographical reasons.  :hehe: )

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 22 October 2015 - 09:45 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:58 AM

And now I'm seeing a double meaning to the episode title.  :think:

View PostG-man, on 22 October 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

And speaking of Lincoln, did Lash only go after him after Daisy decided to recruit his help with the transitioning inhumans? :oh:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

Anyway:  I. Would. NOT want to be Hunter right now!  :eek:  Regardless of the outcome with Andrew, May is going to be pissed!  :o

Hunter has gotten a little bit blinded by his vendetta.  And Bobbi's instinct is very accurate.  :humble:

Though it seems that Ward has a knack for surviving bullet wounds.  ;)

I liked May's return to the base and her talk with Coulson.  And I loved her charging in to the rescue when Hunter was trapped!  :D  

Hunter: "Yes Mum."  :p

And we got just enough FitzSimmons to know that next week we will finally learn all about Simmons' adventure!!!  :D

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,169 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostG-man, on 22 October 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Right, that's true as well.

Apparently it was "necessary," according to whatever logic he uses.

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 22 October 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

I forget his name, but you know the goon looking guy who does Rosalind's bidding?  I think it's him.  
Yeah, that guy is another strong possibility, especially considering the little consultation they had before Daisy and Mack boarded the van.

On the other hand, when Daisy said Lash could be anyone, the camera cut straight to a scene showing Rosalind herself!  :p  And they called her "dragon lady"!  :lol:  
I've heard that theory, too.  Highly unlikely, but it would be fantastic if true.  Poor Coulson.  :lol:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 22 October 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

And we got just enough FitzSimmons to know that next week we will finally learn all about Simmons' adventure!!!  :D
I can't wait for that episode!  :nod:

#12 miketom

miketom
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 22 October 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

1) They kept calling Lash a "pit bull", and that guy acts like Rosalind's pit bull.  (I'm just using their wording, it's actually an insult to pit bulls.) ;)

2) They made a point of noting how quickly he left the scene when he knew that SHIELD agents were heading to their base.  They thought it was to hide base secrets before they got there, but what if it was to ambush the truck?  Lash knew exactly where that truck was, and who was in it.  And he didn't want that guy to talk.  

3) It would explain how the ATCU had all those emails in their records, but never traced the virus. Also, ditto what I said before about Lash being in one of the two organizations.

4) When Daisy called the ATCU to ask about the emails, didn't she talk to that guy?  She said he "gave her the creeps"!  :oh:

But if this theory is true, there is one detail I can't seem to guess: does Rosalind know?   Is he hiding it from her? Or is he acting under her orders?  IDK.  

Anyway, each theory is supported not just by several clues, but each by different types of clues.  And one of them is certainly a red herring.  Given that we are not supposed to trust the ATCU and Andrew would be a more shocking twist, I'm leaning that way.  But we'll see!  :D

(Oh, and if Lash could be "anyone", I'm guessing we can still rule out Ward, at the very least for geographical reasons.  :hehe: )

SFG
It's not Roz's pitbull because he was on the train with her, Hunter, and Coulson when Lash attacked. Can't be in 2 places at once.

#13 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:54 AM

He was on the train?  I missed that, I'll have to look at that again.  

I just remember Daisy and Mack's comment about how he conferred with Roz and rushed off the scene early, and they assumed he was off to hide something unsavory at the ATCU base.  That's partly what I based my theory on, that he left early and alone.  

So I guess I need to check the scene again.

Also, welcome to the Isle miketom!  :D

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,169 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

That would certainly rule him out if he was on the train.  But didn't the lights go out or something, perhaps giving him time to indulge his metamorphosis?  I don't remember either.

#15 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,996 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:57 AM

View Post243Skunk, on 21 October 2015 - 02:45 AM, said:

Looks like they got the "ginger ninja" in custody. Wondering what the backstory is on that.

She's not in custody. They said outright that she came to them and volunteered to help.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users