#1 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:24 AM

Posted Image

Episode 4: The Price of Life

We got some more worldbuilding this week, and the plot is starting to get underway.

Spoiler

Now that we've seen that map, Kudelia's earlier comments about the four economic blocs make sense, and judging by Kudelia's backroom deal with one of them, it's possible Earth's superpowers aren't as closely allied as they might seem from a distance. Also remember that Chryse is in the Arbrau region; I'm guessing those four blocs each control specific territory on Mars (so it's natural that she would negotiate with Arbrau).

McGillis and Gaelio became the more interesting characters this week; they still have the potential to be villains, but they clearly have a respect for Mikazuki, and it sounds like McGillis might actually be okay with Tekkadan's existence. Even when he finds out about the Gundam and killing the Gjallarhorn forces, he may consider that they technically did nothing illegal; they were using their own property (after 300 years, I'm guessing the Barbatos would count as salvage) to defend themselves from an unsanctioned military action --the one truly responsible is Coral.

Hell, given their reaction to the Alaya-Vijnana system, they may even come down solidly on Kudelia's side in wanting to do away with the society that would require such things.

It looks like things are thawing between Mika and Kudelia as they start to understand each other --I'm back to liking this group of characters.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, mecha, Mars, military science fiction

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users