Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,490 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:09 AM

As Daisy and the team try to protect Inhumans, a shocking truth is revealed about S.H.I.E.L.D.'s biggest enemy; with Fitz's help, Simmons recovers information that could get them back through the portal.

Tune in, True Believers, and witness May's reaction to Dr. Andrew's revelation tonight on ABC, 9m Eastern/10pm Central.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,409 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

Don't make her angry.  You wouldn't like her when she's angry.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,490 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

This one was a relatively laid back episode.  It seemed to focus more on the characters' reaction to what had come before: Bobbi telling Hunter that he needs to back away from the Ward hunt before it consumes him; Fitz finally hearing all those messages Simmons had left him, after knowing that she had sought comfort (I think that's the best description) with another man; and May coming to grips with what happened to her Ex- as well as him trying to classify and justify his own actions; then there's the whole Rosalind-Daisy angle; and finally Ward's little talk with Gideon Malick about learning to think beyond revenge.

And of course, the other shoe dropped regarding Ms. Rosalind Price, the ATCU, and Mr. Malick (presumeably) of the World Security Council.

The takedown of Lash was duly suspenseful, and this was as good a way to bring Lincoln into the SHIELD fold.  My question is, though, just how played was Phil by Rosalind?

Tune in next week, True Believers, and find out.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,409 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Well, this was like the special all-love episode of SHIELD.  :lol:  Heartaches all around.  Poor Fitz and Gemma, although I think there will be something weird about Daniels that will make things easier-- he doesn't seem to have aged since 2001.  And poor May and Andrew-- he's not quite a split personality, but the Terrigen Dust definitely changed him (and that was quite a revelation that his ability to change is temporary). At least he wasn't working for the ATCU.  At least nothing bad happened between Hunter and Bobbi-- which is good news given their pending spin off.  And, wow, Coulson and Rosalind did indeed bond. Cool. She's definitely a good match for him, assuming she doesn't turn out to be PURE EVIL.  I'm not sure if that last conversation was really incriminating, because she may not know that Malick is HYDRA. Probably not all HYDRA moles were revealed.  I hope she turns out to be good, because I do think they make a great couple.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

Certainly an emotional roller coaster of an episode, and powerfully acted all round.  Fitz's reactions to listening to the recordings was amazing!   And all the Andrew scenes were impressively done as well.  

And the sunrise montage was very moving.  Gemma didn't get to watch the sunrise with Will, but she did watch it with Fitz.  :happy:

Ward, Ward, Ward.  :headshake:  He actually thinks that he can kill Coulson?   Ward of all people ought to know by now how impossible that is!   He's Coulson!  Not even Loki could kill him!  :howling:  

Oh, and my secret society theory seems to be confirmed!  I said there were members of the secret society in NASA!  :nod:  And wherever that "death" creature came from (maybe it is an inhuman that was banished from Earth?), they have definitely been appeasing it by feeding it people.  :o

View PostRJDiogenes, on 13 November 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

Well, this was like the special all-love episode of SHIELD.  :lol:  Heartaches all around.  Poor Fitz and Gemma, although I think there will be something weird about Daniels that will make things easier-- he doesn't seem to have aged since 2001.

Ah, good point.  I hadn't thought about that, but it helps my mother's theory.  :)  It goes like this:  All the rest of Will's team went crazy and got eaten by the thing, so why didn't he?  What if ... he did get eaten, years ago.  What if Simmons really spent all that time with the creature, which was disguising itself as one of its victims?!?   It didn't eat Simmons yet, because it wanted company.   And possibly a way out!  :o

And soon they will find a way to rescue Will, only they will really be bringing the deadly creature to Earth!  :eek:  

There has been talk that the fall finale will be even more epic than the last one.  Which sounds like a tall order, but this theory seems like it would qualify!  :oh:

And, wow, Coulson and Rosalind did indeed bond. Cool. She's definitely a good match for him, assuming she doesn't turn out to be PURE EVIL.  I'm not sure if that last conversation was really incriminating, because she may not know that Malick is HYDRA. Probably not all HYDRA moles were revealed.  I hope she turns out to be good, because I do think they make a great couple.

OMG, I will not tell Torrie you said that!  :eek:  She is a Philinda shipper, and she was absolutely devastated by that morning after scene!  :o  Rosalind being EVIL is about the only consolation!

And with Rosalind apparently working for HYDRA, that puts in question what they are really doing with the captured inhumans.  They could all be brainwashed HYDRA soldiers by now, enough for an army!  Or possibly studied in a lab.  :(

Also, my mother thinks that Coulson is not fooled.  He's just playing along, letting her think that she's fooled him.  What do you call that, a triple-cross?  :lol:

And there probably wasn't even any meeting with the president, it was just a trap.  (Remember, she made all the arrangements, and Coulson just let her.)

Loved Hunter's line about Will having a "hog-face"!   :howling:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 17 November 2015 - 08:17 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,409 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 17 November 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

And the sunrise montage was very moving.  Gemma didn't get to watch the sunrise with Will, but she did watch it with Fitz.  :happy:  
I loved that scene.  Fitz is the biggest hero on the show.  :cool:

Oh, and my secret society theory seems to be confirmed!  I said there were members of the secret society in NASA!  :nod:  And wherever that "death" creature came from (maybe it is an inhuman that was banished from Earth?), they have definitely been appeasing it by feeding it people.  :o  
I'm still not sure about that. Very few people have crossed over in the course of centuries. You'd think it would need more than that to be appeased.

And soon they will find a way to rescue Will, only they will really be bringing the deadly creature to Earth!  :eek:  
That seems like a likely scenario.

OMG, I will not tell Torrie you said that!  :eek:  She is a Philinda shipper, and she was absolutely devastated by that morning after scene!  :o  Rosalind being EVIL is about the only consolation!  
Aw, poor Torrie.  :(   I would be fine with Coulson and May getting together, but they seem quite comfortable in their mutual Friend Zone.  Rosalind on the other hand, has that same Coulson charm-- they'd be like the Nick and Nora Charles of the super-spy set.  :lol:

And with Rosalind apparently working for HYDRA, that puts in question what they are really doing with the captured inhumans.  They could all be brainwashed HYDRA soldiers by now, enough for an army!  Or possibly studied in a lab.  :(  
We still don't know that Rosalind is working with HYDRA.   Malick may still be under the radar.

Also, my mother thinks that Coulson is not fooled.  He's just playing along, letting her think that she's fooled him.  What do you call that, a triple-cross?  :lol:  
A typical first date in the 21st century?  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users