• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

Check this out:  It's a Kickstarter to revive the legendary MST3K.  Joel wants two million bucks, and he's about three quarters of the way there.  :o

I can't help thinking what I could make with two million bucks.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

Wait a minute...Joel himself wants to bring back MST3K?  Hmmmmmmmmmmm....very interesting.
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

Yup, and it looks like he will easily meet his minimum goal.  It's only been two days and he's more than three quarters of the way there.  It's gone up almost ten thousand dollars since I sat down to catch up on forums.  :lol:

I put in my two cents.  I want a tee shirt.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

The return of the Satellite of Love!  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

They have met their initial goal, which means a guarantee of three new episodes. But they need to keep going to guarantee the actual return of the series.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

They have exceeded 2.5 million and they are less than halfway through the Kickstarter.

And it looks like Felicia Day will be in the cast of the new show.  :timewarp:

#7 Yankee White

Yankee White
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:24 PM

Uber cool. I don't usually do KS for anything but MST3K has a special place in my heart. I'll have to drop a few dollars for it just to say I did.
The Bird of Paradise comes only to an open hand.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

They've only got about $700,000 to go, but only a couple of days to do it.

#9 Ihaveaglitch

Ihaveaglitch
  • Islander
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:29 PM

They raised 6.3 million dollars enough to fund 14 new episodes.  Congratulations to Joel and the crew!  I have plenty of memories sitting in front of the TV from 11pm to 1am on Saturday nights laughing along with Mike and the Bots.  I hope this new crew can recapture some of that original magic.
"Well I gotta admit, making Rommie obey my every whim and laying waste to the Drago-Kazov sounds really great, butů All by myself?" ~Harper (Una Salus Victus)

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

Man, they were really successful.  I was worried that they wouldn't reach the 5.5, but they just sailed beyond that.  Hopefully this will get the attention of the Sciffy Channel or Comedy Central or something, and we'll get even more than the fourteen-- but getting the fourteen is an amazing accomplishment.

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

I'm downloading my MST3K Kickstarter goodies as we speak.  :lol:

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Well, the MST3K revival seems to have gone quite well-- Netflix has renewed it for a second season.  :nod:

#13 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users