23 replies to this topic

#21 HubcapDave

HubcapDave

Bald is Beautiful!

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 06:55 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Sep 25 2003, 04:43 PM, said:

well I now live in Daly City and work in San Francisco.  We should get together some time (if that is we can be civil about our differences in politics...;)).

Maybe to watch a baseball game or something.:)
Well, considering that my mother is the original feminist liberal (or "dowager hippie" as she likes to say), and we manage to get along just fine (though we do go at it hammer and tongs on some subjects!), I don't think that would be too much of a problem!

Besides, I used to be a liberal myself, so while I disagree with the position, I do understand how someone can think that way!

Anyway, that sounds liike an idea!

#22 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:12 PM

HubcapDave, on Sep 25 2003, 03:06 PM, said:

*AHEM*!

I live in Northern California, thank you very much! :angry:

As the one of the eminent sages of our time, Felix Unger, once said, "When you assume, you make an ASS out of YOU and ME!"
My goodness we are testy  ;)

I thought I had seen a post of yours that said you were down by Riverside, obviously I am confusing you with another poster.  So it wasn't an assumption as much as a mixup  :p

I used to live in Southern California, and escaped as soon as I could.  (about 25 years ago)

So if  you and I show up at Lil's sometime let's just not talk about Arnold 'kay?  :lol:
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#23 HubcapDave

HubcapDave

Bald is Beautiful!

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:39 PM

So if you and I show up at Lil's sometime let's just not talk about Arnold 'kay? [laugh.gif]

Only if we can talk baseball!

#24 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 08:29 PM

Erm, uh, not opera?!  :oh:

Okay, I like the A's, I even did when I was a kid and lived in Anaheim (and routed for the Angels) because they had a cool (and cute!) pitcher named "Catfish Hunter"  (I think that was it, been a loooooonnnnnnng time!).  I like their uniforms too.

I just don't know anything about them recently.  So you (and Lil) would be doing the talking, I'd be doing the listening!
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users