Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,594 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

Ward's revenge campaign cripples the team; Coulson makes it clear he will stop at nothing to settle the score.

Don't forget to tune in, True Believers, as things start coming to a head, tonight on ABC, 9pm Eastern/8pm Central.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 02 December 2015 - 06:16 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

Will we finally see the end of Ward?  Hah.  Fat chance.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,594 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

The episode didn't disappoint, albeit the elimination of Rosalind and her chief henchman pretty much obliterated any possibility that the ATCU is anything but a front for HYDRA.

Also, I am remembering back to episode 2 of this season, "Purpose In The Machine" and Professor Elliot Randolph's request that they destroy the portal.  Could it be that our Asgardian was fully aware of the being that was trapped on that planet?  Obviously, he hadn't considered that the pieces missing from the monolith could, themselves, be used to create a portal ... and personally, I rather liked that development.  Now I'm trying to remember if the Monolith we saw in the flashback actually had the holes in it or not.  

Ward is still proving to be something of a loose canon, and while I don't doubt that Malick hopes he succeeds on his mission, I cannot help but think that Malick believes that, at the least, in the event of failure he's rid himself of Ward.  However, Malick's judgment hasn't proven infallible ... maybe it is his focus on the endgame that is distracting him from the mid-game with SHIELD.  OTOH, Coulson's snatching and threatening Ward's only surviving brother, was ... certainly effective in locating Ward.  And good on Ward for recognizing that he had just been played.  Also, yeah, they pretty much nailed just how well Ward had scouted that team, and him knowing just how to coerce Fitz into helping HYDRA.

Also, SHIELD's "Secret Warriors" have been declared operational, so ... there's that.  I think Mack is suddenly recognizing why certain decisions are made when events overtake the process, and resources are scarce with which to respond.

Finally, Fitz is on that other world to rescue Will, pity he is accompanied by Ward and the HYDRA folk who wish to bring back Death (could this be whom Thanos is pining after?).  At least Coulson is there to back him up ... that is, if he isn't suffering from a concussion from smacking his head on that rock.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

I think it was a big mistake, from a storytelling point of view, to kill Rosalind. I was hoping she'd eventually be promoted to headliner. There were so many possibilities. :no:

Still, this was a hell of an episode.  It was great to see Mack in charge and it's nice to know he comes after May in the pecking order-- I've been thinking that he hasn't had enough to do this year-- I don't think he's had one conversation with his pal Fitz-- and it was a great moment when he repeated to the team exactly what Coulson said to him. Poor Coulson. I don't think we really needed to see him driven to extremes, but Clark Gregg really got to show his stuff.  And now Fitz and a bunch of HYDRA goons are on Planet Hell-- and so is Coulson. I'm not quite sure how that happened, since the portal seemed to close before he got through the conveniently open roof.  I wonder if Hunter made it, too.

I just really, really hope we are finally going to see the end of Ward.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,594 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

Coulson basically free-fell through the portal just before it closed, which means he landed with a "whump" on that other world.  Hunter was left behind on the quin-jet with Bobbi, as they dealt with the HYDRA-flak even as Mack's team of Secret Warriors are speeding across the Atlantic to join the battle.

But, yeah, hitting the ground whilst free-falling from 100+ feet, I'm thinking that would  do more than simply knock the wind out a guy.  But, Marvel's has always played fast and loose with physics.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

I must have blinked when he went through.  To me it looked like the portal goop dried up before he even went through the conveniently open roof.

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

Oops!  I wrote down some comments last week, but forgot to post them!  :look:

Coulson's dive ... Good aim!!! :o

Tyler Ritter as Thomas Ward, I was not expecting that!  (He was perfect though! ) :cool:

Also, the team psychologically analyzing Ward from memory was really interesting.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users