#1 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

Episode 10: A Letter From Tomorrow

We learn several characters' backstories this episode, and learn that the Tekkadan "family" is bigger than even they know.

Spoiler

It looks like that conversation about gender politics I was hoping for is starting to develop, through the contrast between Shino (who's just out for sex), Eugene (who wants a romance), and Orga (who is developing an actual relationship, despite himself).

Atra seems perfectly okay with the concept of being part of a harem, though I doubt she has any idea exactly what she's talking about --yet at the same time, she seems to be the most emotionally-insightful person on that ship, and clearly doesn't have a cruel or vengeful bone in her body. She's not smart, but she's very wise.

Merribit looks like she'll make an interesting addition to the crew. I especially liked the "establishing boundaries" scene in the elevator; this crew is not what she expected to deal with. Now we just need some scenes of her meeting Kudelia, Fumitan, and Atra. As a banker, I'm sure she'd have a perspective on the economic fallout of Kudelia's campaign, so it makes sense for them to compare notes at some point.

Narrative laws suggest that the pirates attacking them now are connected to Akihiro's brother --I would complain about this development coming out of nowhere, but that backstory ends up clarifying a lot of Akihiro's already-established character. It seems contrived that it's all happening now, but it does make logical sense.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, Mars, mecha, military science fiction

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users