The Flash: Potential Energy

The Flash Season 2 CW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

I didn't even realize that this had started up again. This was a pretty good episode overall. I liked the Turtle. He was a good threat for the Flash to face. They definitely made him pretty creepy.

Not a great start for Wally. I understand him being mad at Joe for not being there, but his mom deserves most of the blame. She never told Joe about Wally and never tried to until she found out she was dying. Yes, Joe's a detective but he had no reason to search for a son he didn't believe existed.

Looks like Patty and Barry's relationship is at an end. I wasn't a fan of Patty at first because it felt like the writers were trying way too hard with her character but she slowly grew on me. Still, if this is the end of her (which I doubt) I won't mind too much. I am glad Barry didn't tell her his secret. Too many people know it at this point already.

So the Reverse Flash is back with his original face. *sigh* I knew he was coming but I was dreading it. He had a great arc last season, and with Zoom being the big bad this season, I didn't see the need to bring back another evil speedster. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but I am not happy at seeing him again.

Same goes with this Harrison Wells working to betray Barry. It just feels like a rehash of last season, even if this is the true Wells and he's doing it to save his daughter.

That story about how Zoom got his name was pretty chilling.

So Jay is dying without his speed powers and Caitlin is afraid she will lose yet another person she has grown close to. I doubt they'll kill Jay off but I don't see them giving him his powers back anytime soon. I doubt the show will want two Flashes up and running around.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:51 AM

I liked the Turtle. He was a pretty good enemy of the week. Although, why he didn't use his powers at the end when Harry entered his cage is beyond me?

I get that Barry can be stupid at times. Everyone BUT him realizes that he is going to have to tell Patty that he is the flash if he wants a serious relationship...but taking your girlfriend to a party, where you're trying to trap a metahuman, takes Stupid to a whole new level.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

I get that Barry can be stupid at times. Everyone BUT him realizes that he is going to have to tell Patty that he is the flash if he wants a serious relationship...but taking your girlfriend to a party, where you're trying to trap a metahuman, takes Stupid to a whole new level.

That was a seriously dumb move. I know he didn't want to cancel plans on her but he should have come up with something else. I also get that he has to tell Patty, but at the same time he can't tell every love interest he's the Flash. He has to be sure it's a very serious relationship with potential life long implications before he reveals that info.

I liked the Turtle. He was a pretty good enemy of the week. Although, why he didn't use his powers at the end when Harry entered his cage is beyond me?

I'm not sure. Maybe Harry counter-acted them somehow or maybe he was just that surprised? I still wish they weren't using the pipeline for all the moral quandaries it bring up.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

Especially now that we know (from dialogue) that Iron Heights has a metahuman wing.

I can see them still using the Pipeline for anyone who knows Barry's identity, but Turtle was just a freak-of-the-week.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, Season 2, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users