• 4,984 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 1-2, pic LGN102_20151006-0298b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-2, pic LGN102_20151006-0309b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-2, pic LGN102_20151006-0122b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-2, pic LGN102_20150922_0318b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-2, pic LGN102_20150917_0030b_FULL.jpg

When a piece of Atom's suit falls into the wrong hands during a massive fight, professor Stein decides to turn to someone brilliant for help -- his younger self. Meanwhile, Snart and Rory plan to steal a key element in defeating Savage; and Carter helps Kendra recover an important memory.

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 29 January 2016 - 03:49 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

I loved this episode, even more than the first one. With all the introductions and exposition out of the way, the episode could really have fun with time traveling and pairing up the characters.

All of the Stein stuff was awesome. Having Stein, Jax, and Sara meet up with Stein's younger, pot smoking self was just pure comic gold. Stein's advice to his younger self to lay off the pot and saturated fats had me grinning. Sara flirting with the younger Stein was funny and awkward. I also enjoyed Stein bluffing his way into the black market.

The fights here were really impressive. They didn't hold anything back as we see all of the legends just blasting away in two crazy fight scenes. I don't think the show will be able to give us these insane brawls every episode but it was certainly appreciated here.

Carter died. That was a shocker. I did not expect either of the Hawks to bite the dust, at least not this early. Obviously Carter will resurrect at some point, and there are Carters throughout history so it's not as if the show can't bring Carter back in some way if they want to. I wouldn't mind seeing a newly resurrected Carter having to be taught by Kendra about who they are and their past lives. It would change their dynamics.

Cold and Heatwave are definitely scene stealers. Heatwave usually gets the best lines. Teaming those two up with straight and narrow Ray was a good choice as Ray's ineptitude at thievery and penchant to not allow crooks to steal priceless artifacts caused the trio a lot of grief. Still, Ray and Cold bonded a little.

Rip didn't have much to do this episode as the team basically tells him off for lying to them. Still, they all seem to more or less trust him by the end of the episode, or at least are willing to follow him.

The perils of time travel were highlighted here and it was a good wake up call to the characters that this adventure of theirs has high stakes. Ray's piece of technology almost led to the destruction of the world even before Vandal destroys it and Stein's interference with his younger self almost led to him changing his own personal timeline.

I do wonder why they had to find Stein's younger self to get the Alpha particle tracker. Couldn't two geniuses like Ray and Stein, with access to advanced technology from the Waverider, have made a device a 25 year old Stein created in 1975? If the Waverider can create clothes, time travel, and heal Kendra without need of a doctor, then you'd think it could've created that device.

Still, this was such a fun episode. I'm loving Legends of Tomorrow so far and I am along for the ride however long it lasts.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

I'm enjoying this... but I hope they branch out from Vandal Savage as the entire focus pretty soon.  He's such an all-or-nothing sort of villain:  they either succeed in defeating him with this one very narrow means at their disposal, or it ends in yet another failed attempt that inevitably gives him more ammunition to use against them in the next go-round.  There's only so many repetitions of "Try to kill Savage! Fail!" that I can be on board for.  I'm already sick of him.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

Well, apparently this show is intended to be an anthology (with a rotating cast each season), so season one will probably end Vandal Savage and the Hawks' arc, with a completely different problem happening next season.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:57 PM

While that's nice that Vandal will be dealt with by the end of the season, I do hope he's not the focus of every episode like Niko said. Surely the Legends will have to deal with Chronos again and there has to be others out there that aren't appreciative of their time travel meddling. If we can get a few Savage-free or at least Savage-lite episodes before he comes roaring back onto the screen I'll be happy.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

Ah, that's kind of cool to know re: the anthology and rotating cast.  I like that idea... one of my doubts has been whether this particular group makes sense long-term.  If I can look at it as something that'll change over time, I'll dwell on it less. :)

So, is it a limited series a la Agent Carter with 12-ish eps. and out, or a full season?  (But yeah, my complaint re: Savage still stands.  Even if they have to take a detour to find some magical thingamajig for a few episodes, at least.)

Edited by Niko, 01 February 2016 - 08:11 PM.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

Ah, that's kind of cool to know re: the anthology and rotating cast.  I like that idea... one of my doubts has been whether this particular group makes sense long-term.  If I can look at it as something that'll change over time, I'll dwell on it less. :)

I wouldn't mind a revolving door of heroes. It would allow us to see ones that probably wouldn't get the time of day otherwise. Plus, any hero (or villain) that left the group would probably show back up on The Flash or Arrow.

So, is it a limited series a la Agent Carter with 12-ish eps. and out, or a full season?  (But yeah, my complaint re: Savage still stands.  Even if they have to take a detour to find some magical thingamajig for a few episodes, at least.)

I'm not sure. In my (admittedly brief) search for the answer all I could find was 11 episodes listed on show's Wikipedia page. Whether 11 episodes is the total count, or just how many are known about now I have no idea.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

^ I looked at the Wikipedia page, and I see the list of 11 known episodes.  But hidden down in the Broadcast section, it says this:

the first season is expected to consist of sixteen episodes.

They are apparently citing information from The Futon Critic.  Now whether that is accurate or official, I have no idea.  I guess we will find out eventually!  :)

Edit:  IMDB lists 16 eps as well.  So I guess that's the working number for now!  :cool:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 02 February 2016 - 02:39 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

- You've got a room that makes clothing?
- Doesn't everyone?

So the waverider has camouflage, and a clothing room ... It's not exactly the TARDIS, but it's the next best thing!  :lol:

- I am unversed in modern American colloquialisms.  Is "Whoops" slang for "Oh"...
- Yes

:lol:

And then we have a bit of Back to the Future!  Got to get young Martin to the party in time!  :hehe:

Wow, I did not expect to lose Carter!  :o  Though ultimately, that turned out to be a Coulson / Avengers type moment, galvanizing the team against Savage.

View PostCybersnark, on 01 February 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Well, apparently this show is intended to be an anthology (with a rotating cast each season), so season one will probably end Vandal Savage and the Hawks' arc, with a completely different problem happening next season.

So what does "rotating cast" mean in this case, how many people change?  Just Savage and the Hawks?  Some of the heroes at a time?  Or everyone but Rip?    :oh:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 06 February 2016 - 08:03 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:25 AM

I'm guessing Rip may end up being the only constant; we know Arrow and Flash are going to continue introducing new characters (Vixen is due to make the jump to live-action, and we've seen production stills of Killer Frost and Deathstorm), and I'm guessing they'll want their established guest stars back (they'd be crazy to let Cold and Heatwave out of their grip).
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#11 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:15 PM

^ So basically, still The Doctor!  :lol: LOL, works for me!  :hehe:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#12 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

I'm guessing Rip may end up being the only constant; we know Arrow and Flash are going to continue introducing new characters (Vixen is due to make the jump to live-action, and we've seen production stills of Killer Frost and Deathstorm), and I'm guessing they'll want their established guest stars back (they'd be crazy to let Cold and Heatwave out of their grip).

I wouldn't mind if it was just Rip who stayed constant, though I don't think the entire cast needs to change every season. Seeing the Atom or Sara stay on and work with new heroes might be cool. I agree that Cold and Heatwave will be back on The Flash. They are a big part of the Rogues and I don't see them staying away from that show.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users