Supergirl The Flash DC CBS cw

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:47 PM

https://www.yahoo.co...-190030975.html

Executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg have been talking up the possibility since last summer, but today the CW and CBS have made it official: The DC Television multiverse becomes real in March when CW’s The Flash star Grant Gustin guests on an episode of CBS’ Supergirl. Set to air March 28, details about the episode will be revealed at a later date.

At least for now, the crossover will be one-way only. While it’s likely at least in part a matter of budget (Supergirl is more expensive than The Flash), we’ve been told by sources close to the two shows that the in-universe reason is that Barry Allen/The Flash (Gustin) is able to cross dimensions while, at least for now, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) cannot. Before fans cry foul, that’s keeping with the current storyline on The Flash, which deals with the aftermath of a dimensional rift opened between “Earth One” and “Earth Two” that is connected to The Flash’s super-speed superpowers.

This has me so freaking excited. I was hoping for a cross-over between Supergirl and the CW shows. With The Flash exploring the multiverse having him appear on Supergirl makes sense, plus the two shows and leads are similar in tone and approach to super heroics. I'm sure this will provide a nice ratings boost for Supergirl. Hopefully, if all three shows get renewed, we can get a big cross-over event with all three shows somewhere down the road.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:06 AM

^ Four shows if you count Legends!  :D

Anyway, COOL!!!  :cool:  :D

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 1XMCfan

1XMCfan
  • Islander
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

Looking forward to the episode, 'sounds very good.

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,883 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 04 February 2016 - 03:06 AM, said:

At this point, the interconnected multiverse includes Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Vixen (the animated web series), Constantine (retroactively), and Supergirl. Which is pretty darn amazing. I don't think we've seen a multi-series live-action TV franchise of this magnitude since Law & Order. (I'm not counting Star Trek because it never had more than two shows on at the same time.)
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

^It is pretty amazing how connected the shows have become and how seamless it all fills. I like that they don't just limit it to the big cross-over episodes either. The characters go back and forth when it makes sense, like Oliver showing up to help take down the Reverse Flash in season one of The Flash. DC may be having trouble getting a connected movie universe going like Marvel, but they are acing it when it comes to the TV shows.

Looking forward to the episode, 'sounds very good.

Same here, especially because part of me didn't believe it would truly happen.

I think my head would explode if we got a cross-over between The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,883 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

By the way, there may be a seventh series in that list of shows in the multiverse. In last week's Flash episode, while the Flash was traveling between universes, he got glimpses of other times and realities. This included a shot of Supergirl, hinting at the upcoming crossover -- but it also included a glimpse of John Wesley Shipp's Flash from the 1990 CBS series. It's possible that the producers intend that show to be another branch of the multiverse -- which would make sense, considering that the current Flash show has brought back Amanda Pays, Mark Hamill, and Vito D'Ambrosio as new versions of the same characters they played in the '90s show. So maybe these are their alternate-world doppelgangers. (And maybe this show's Henry Allen, played by Shipp, is the doppelganger for the '90 show's Barry Allen. After all, in the comics, the character's full name is Bartholomew Henry Allen. Maybe this version just chose to go by his middle name?)

And that could be interesting if it's true, because I choose to believe that the '90 Flash is set in the DC Animated Universe, because Hamill's version of the Trickster also showed up in Justice League Unlimited's "Flash and Substance," and because the '90 series shares a similar retro-future Art Deco aesthetic with Batman: TAS.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

They must be filming now, because Grant Gustin just posted this behind the scenes pic!  :D

Flash & Supergirl - BTS - Screen-Shot-2016-02-10-at-3.58.34-PM.png

SFG  :cool:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

I wonder if this cross-over is an attempt to boost ratings for the cousin of Kal-El?  Supergirl's ratings are rather dismal compared to Flash.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, The Flash, DC, CBS, cw

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users