• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:04 AM

Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 2.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 14.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 17.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 19.jpg

Rip tries to weaken Vandal Savage by going after his financial assets. Rip and Sara infiltrate Savage's bank but are discovered by his men. Meanwhile, Snart and Rory talk Jax into taking the jump ship back to Central City so they can steal a valuable emerald; and Professor Stein guides Ray on a dangerous mission.

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 February 2016 - 01:57 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:15 AM

Rip gets in on the action!!!  :D  :cool:

I got very distracted getting pics for this one.  :whistle:  And I actually squealed when I saw that last one, LOL!  :lol:  (It's probably the pocket-watch.  :hehe:)

Anyway, I was looking at the pictures and next thing I knew I had made a bunch of avatars, and an hour had gone by!  :laughtears:

What do you all think of this one, multi-size:

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 14 crop.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 14 crop - 200px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 14 crop - 150px.jpg

or these:

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 14 -crop 4 - 150px.jpeg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 17 -crop 2  - 150 px.jpg

Uh-oh, it's 2 am.  I think I had better sleep!  :howling:

SFG  :angelnot:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:00 AM

Don't ask me what these mean.  It randomly popped into my head, and now it's 3 am.  :rolleyes:  

Anyway:

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 14 crop test (chalkduster 36) -150 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow - Time & Loss (chalkduster 68 -CC0033) 150px.jpg

SFG  ;)

Edit.  I gotta sleep!! :dizzy:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 February 2016 - 03:02 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

^^  I'll bet you at least had pleasant dreams.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

^ LOL, I'm not telling!  :hehe:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 05 February 2016 - 08:03 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

:lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

They never should have left Carter's body behind in the first place.  :headshake:

And Oh No, it's a self fulfilling time paradox!  Poor Rip.  :(

LOL, when the banker said to Sara "looks like you brought a knife to a sword fight", and Rip was busy swinging a hat stand, all I could think of was this, LOLOL:  

Posted Image

When Rory brought a broom to a sword fight!!!  :howling:

And, is this the second time that someone has mentioned the Titanic to Victor Garber?  Because he was in the movie?  :lol:

But seriously, for most of Rip's scenes this episode, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face!  :D  Like when they first marched up to the bank!  :lol:  :love:  And aww, Arthur does those sad eyes really well.  :cry:  I also liked his interaction with Sarah, and how they both helped each other cope with a few of their personal demons.  :happy:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:49 AM

Oh, and I thought of something else silly when I was looking forward to the episode.  ;)

Legends of Tomorrow 1-3, pic 17 -crop 2  - 150 px.jpg

Think about the casting on Arrow ... Is he dancing with his granddaughter?  :lol:  :angelnot:

Edit, for those who don't watch Arrow:  That's Sarah Lance, sister to Laurel Lance.  Their mother is Dinah Lance ... who is played by Alex Kingston!!!  :hehe:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 06 February 2016 - 09:52 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

Also, from Arthur's instagram, a BTS pic:

"The name's Hunter. . . Rip Hunter"

The name's Hunter. . . Rip Hunter - 12501754_949971998374055_1791124052_n.jpg

SFG  :hehe:

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

See, this episode illustrated PERFECTLY the problem I have with this show...logical thinking.

We see that Rip tried to kill Savage back before he became immortal...smart, very smart move actually. Only Rip chickened out. Don't even get me started on that particular character flaw of Rip. But the whole scene there made me wonder why Rip didn't travel back further in time, to when Savage was a kid. Or even further and prevent the mother from giving birth to him. Surely the time organization he belongs to knows when Savage was born??? Even if they didn't, killing him as a child would have been a lot easier.

Now we come to the Atom....NO way. Absolutely no way the Atom wasn't completely covered in Kendra's blood when he re emerged from her body. Not to mention, his suit, however cool, has only a clear plastic face mask that doesn't even seal his face completely. No way he was breathing at all while inside a human body.

While Jax might be able to fly as a joined metahuman...flying a actual aircraft is a little bit more complicated then that. Not to mention, why didn't Gideon alert anyone they had left? Also, I get why Cold tried doing what he did, but it was stupid in the extreme. Preventing the father from prison could very well have also prevented his sister's birth, there would be no way of knowing the ramifications. Not to mention, attempted robbery probably gets you 5 years. Actual robbery and possession of stolen gems...probably gets you a lot more time then 5 years.

And now we have Savage's own little army of HighLanders...oh brother. I really don't know if I can stay with this show.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#11 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

While I didn't have the problems with the episode you did LoTS, it was a let-down after the first two episodes. I get that going after Savage is their whole mission, but to have another episode where they are still in 1975 and go after Savage and fail. Going after his finances was a good idea but they didn't even accomplish that.

Tying Rip into Vandal's back story was an intriguing move as he's become something of the boogeyman to Vandal's followers. It also shows why Rip needed a team with three killers on it. When he had the chance to kill Savage, he hesitated. Of course now we know only the Hawks can give Vandal his true death, and only Kendra can kill him with the dagger.

I liked the Atom's scenes as he shrunk and went into Kendra's bloodstream. It was a good use of his powers and made for a nice sequence. True, he should have been covered in blood but I've read plenty of comics where he, and others, shrink down and enter someone and emerge with nothing on them so this didn't bother me.

I do feel bad for Cold. He screwed with the timeline to hopefully give him and his sister a better life and the timeline auto-corrected itself to make sure his dad ended up in prison.

While Jax might be able to fly as a joined metahuman...flying a actual aircraft is a little bit more complicated then that.

True, but he had been messing around with it and he read the manual. It's a stretch, sure, but not a giant one.

As to why they don't go find child Savage and kill him I don't know. Maybe he has become too entwined with the timeline that killing him that early will make things worse. I do hope they give us some explanation other than it's hard to track him down. If they know where he is in ancient Egypt and Rip tried to kill him, then he can try again. Just go further back from his first attempt.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#12 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 06 February 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

Now we come to the Atom....NO way. Absolutely no way the Atom wasn't completely covered in Kendra's blood when he re emerged from her body. Not to mention, his suit, however cool, has only a clear plastic face mask that doesn't even seal his face completely. No way he was breathing at all while inside a human body.

Very true, but that should apply to anytime he shrinks, because the air molecules would be the wrong size to breath anyway!  Realistically, he should have a sealed suit, and his own air supply that shrinks with him.  But, this was never a particularly realistic show, so, all we can do is shrug and say that's the way it is!  :rolleyes:  :lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users