• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

Check this out!  This sounds like some timely satire, as well as the comic relief we already desperately need in this crazy election year!  :howling: :howling: :howling:

Tony Shalhoub To Star In ‘BrainDead’ CBS Series From ‘The Good Wife’ Creators

Tony Shalhoub is set for a lead role opposite Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Aaron Tveit and Danny Pino in BrainDead, CBS’ comic-thriller series set in the world of Washington, D.C. politics. The show, set to premiere this summer, comes from Robert and Michelle King, creators and executive producers of The Good Wife.

In BrainDead, Laurel (Winstead), a young, fresh-faced Hill staffer, gets her first job in Washington, D.C. to discover two things: The government has stopped working, and alien spawn have come to earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of Congressmen and Hill staffers. Shalhoub will play Red Wheatus, a hard-drinking, fun-loving Republican senator who has spent decades in Washington making deals, until a radical transformation turns him into a health-conscious extremist who would rather destroy the government than compromise.

Sound brilliant?!?  :spew:  

But this is the part that made me laugh the hardest:

“Tony Shalhoub is funny, dramatic, subtle, and broad when he needs to be,” said Robert and Michelle King. “To our minds, he can play anything. We were thinking of making the character a 12-year-old blind girl hunting for her mother in Belgium to see what he did with that.”

They're not wrong!!  :howling:   :howling:   :howling:  With any other actor that would be an exaggeration, but they are so right!  LOLOL!!!

SFG  :alien:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 15 February 2016 - 06:35 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:58 AM

"Red Wheatus"?  :rolleyes:  :lol:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#3 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:46 PM

It's a crazy premise but - oddly - sounds like it might be a good fit for the Kings. I'll definitely check it out.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,656 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

I love Tony Shalhoub (and why can they not get some Monk movies on the air?), so I'll probably check this out just for his sake.  And could there ever be a better name for a show about politicians?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

The political stuff always felt a bit shoe-horned into The Good Wife but a show that's all about that world from the Kings might be wacky fun (see Eli Gold), especially with space aliens--talk about a lack of border security.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,738 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:25 PM

Here's the trailer:

Description:  "A young, fresh-faced Hill staffer gets her first job in Washington, D.C. to discover two things: The government has stopped working, and alien spawn have come to earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of Congressmen and Hill staffers."

/s/

Glorious
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

View PostG-man, on 06 June 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Description:  "A young, fresh-faced Hill staffer gets her first job in Washington, D.C. to discover two things: The government has stopped working, and alien spawn have come to earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of Congressmen and Hill staffers."

Wait, I need clarification: Is this a satire, or a documentary?
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,656 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

I was about to say.  :lol:  It probably seemed like satire when it was first developed, but this show could not possibly be better timed.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

^ I know!!  :spew:  I am so looking forward to this show!!!!!  :D :D

SFG :lol:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 11 June 2016 - 04:18 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tony Shalhoub, BrainDead, US politics, satire, aliens

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users