• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#41 cade

cade
  • Islander
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 24 February 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

The reason I think Trump is SO popular is two fold: You have Obama who is literally caring nothing about his own legacy now. Hell, Obama is even talking about bringing the worst of the worst terrorists at Gitmo to US soil. No wonder he's not worried about terrorists coming in as refugees, he's planning on shipping terrorists to our backyards wholesale. And just imagine that recent prison break, where two inmates escaped because a guard helped them. Now just imagine if it had been terrorists that had escaped...So despite Obama's claims of "All is good, nothing to see here." The threat is VERY real.

No, the threat is virtually non-existent. No one has ever escaped from a federal supermax prison. Major terrorists are being held in such prisons on U.S. soil as we speak. Republican objections to moving the Guantanamo prisoners have absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with their chief objective since Obama became president: to whenever possible deny him any accomplishment that would boost his legacy. This is why they've been by far the most obstructionist Congress in history, despite Obama bending over backwards to compromise with them. Closing Guantanamo shouldn't be controversial at all. Beyond how obviously, sickeningly immoral it is, it's a major terrorist recruiting tool, such that even McCain ran on closing it in 2008. But of course since Obama won McCain has obstructed Obama's attempts to close it.

Not to mention that Trump, after he says things on some issues, usually winds up being proven right. He said: Criminals are pouring in across the border, liberals blasted him for it. Then a week later a nice young girl named Kate gets gunned down for walking with her father. The killer a illegal who had been deported 5 times already. Liberals rushed to defend the illegal, and the sanctuary cities that protect then...all the while not giving a damn about the innocent girl murdered. Trump was right, criminals are coming across the border.

No, Research into this has consistently shown that undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than citizens. This makes complete sense when you consider that the vast majority of them just come here for basic survival and to give their children a better life (there's a good movie on this issue by that title that I recommend, btw) and live in constant fear of being caught.

You say he "usually winds up being proven right," but fact-checking organizations have shown that he's probably the most dishonest/uninformed major presidential candidate this country has seen in generations, if not ever. Almost everything he says is wrong, but his supporters don't care because they don't know any better and they like the story Trump is telling. They want to blame all their problems on foreigners and minorities. Same story we've seen throughout history when economic times are tough. What's scary is the economy isn't even bad right now, and under Obama it's improved a lot despite Republicans deliberately sabotaging the economy with austerity policies. Republican predictions of doom have completely failed to materialize, and the unemployment rate is even lower than what Republicans were projecting under a Romney presidency. So imagine how much more animosity there will be in this country against minorities when there's another economic collapse, or a major terrorist attack. Could happen at any time and send Trump into the White House and propel this country toward fascism.

According to a poll last week, 38% of Trump supporters in South Carolina wish the South had won the Civil War. Another 38% "aren't sure." 16% flat-out admitted to being white supremacists.

33% want Islam made illegal, and another 23% aren't sure. 62% support a national database of Muslims. 32% support the policy of Japanese internment. We aren't far at all from a President Trump banning Islam and rounding up Muslims into internment camps. He himself has refused to condemn Japanese internment, and has called for the murder of Muslims related to terrorists.

I used to be confounded by Trump's appeal, until I just accepted that I've vastly overestimated a hell of a lot of Republicans/Republican-leaning independents. If there's one good thing he's done, it's expose what these people are really about. How is Trump winning among evangelicals? He's not fooling hardly anyone with these claims of being religious and pro-life, but he shares something more important: their hatred.

Edited by cade, 24 February 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#42 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 24 February 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostCait, on 24 February 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

We're electing the leader of the free world, and I don't care how anyone feels about Obama or Congress or life, or anything.  Electing someone who said all the right things to assuage your angry soul during the primaries, is, insane.

No more so then electing a first time congressman because of his whole promise of "Hope and Change" which turned out to be BS.

You don't remember, but I said exactly the same thing in 2008.  Obama did not have enough experience, and a LOT of us thought so.  I'm not sure I would have voted for him because of that had it not been for McCain's VP pick.  Palin was the same nightmare then, that Trump is now.

And, according to you, the  election of Obama doomed the nation.  But Trump's won't?  Stop thinking that your anger justifies voting for someone who you feel understands your anger.  He doesn't.  He's an opportunist, who read the temperature of the electorate correctly.  He hasn't a clue how to lead a country, NOR does he intend to if elected.  He'll be a bully, just as he is now. He could give not one single fuck about you or anyone other than himself.  He as much as says it in every speech, but people are too enamored to realized that Trump just hasn't insulted them yet.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#43 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

View Postcade, on 24 February 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

View PostLord of the Sword, on 24 February 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

The reason I think Trump is SO popular is two fold: You have Obama who is literally caring nothing about his own legacy now. Hell, Obama is even talking about bringing the worst of the worst terrorists at Gitmo to US soil. No wonder he's not worried about terrorists coming in as refugees, he's planning on shipping terrorists to our backyards wholesale. And just imagine that recent prison break, where two inmates escaped because a guard helped them. Now just imagine if it had been terrorists that had escaped...So despite Obama's claims of "All is good, nothing to see here." The threat is VERY real.

No, the threat is virtually non-existent. No one has ever escaped from a federal supermax prison. Major terrorists are being held in such prisons on U.S. soil as we speak. Republican objections to moving the Guantanamo prisoners have absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with their chief objective since Obama became president: to whenever possible deny him any accomplishment that would boost his legacy. This is why they've been by far the most obstructionist Congress in history, despite Obama bending over backwards to compromise with them. Closing Guantanamo shouldn't be controversial at all. Beyond how obviously, sickeningly immoral it is, it's a major terrorist recruiting tool, such that even McCain ran on closing it in 2008. But of course since Obama won McCain has obstructed Obama's attempts to close it.

Not to mention that Trump, after he says things on some issues, usually winds up being proven right. He said: Criminals are pouring in across the border, liberals blasted him for it. Then a week later a nice young girl named Kate gets gunned down for walking with her father. The killer a illegal who had been deported 5 times already. Liberals rushed to defend the illegal, and the sanctuary cities that protect then...all the while not giving a damn about the innocent girl murdered. Trump was right, criminals are coming across the border.

No, Research into this has consistently shown that undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than citizens. This makes complete sense when you consider that the vast majority of them just come here for basic survival and to give their children a better life (there's a good movie on this issue by that title that I recommend, btw) and live in constant fear of being caught.

You say he "usually winds up being proven right," but fact-checking organizations have shown that he's probably the most dishonest/uninformed major presidential candidate this country has seen in generations, if not ever. Almost everything he says is wrong, but his supporters don't care because they don't know any better and they like the story Trump is telling. They want to blame all their problems on foreigners and minorities. Same story we've seen throughout history when economic times are tough. What's scary is the economy isn't even bad right now, and under Obama it's improved a lot despite Republicans deliberately sabotaging the economy with austerity policies. Republican predictions of doom have completely failed to materialize, and the unemployment rate is even lower than what Republicans were projecting under a Romney presidency. So imagine how much more animosity there will be in this country against minorities when there's another economic collapse, or a major terrorist attack. Could happen at any time and send Trump into the White House and propel this country toward fascism.

According to a poll last week, 38% of Trump supporters in South Carolina wish the South had won the Civil War. Another 38% "aren't sure." 16% flat-out admitted to being white supremacists.

33% want Islam made illegal, and another 23% aren't sure. 62% support a national database of Muslims. 32% support the policy of Japanese internment. We aren't far at all from a President Trump banning Islam and rounding up Muslims into internment camps. He himself has refused to condemn Japanese internment, and has called for the murder of Muslims related to terrorists.

I used to be confounded by Trump's appeal, until I just accepted that I've vastly overestimated a hell of a lot of Republicans/Republican-leaning independents. If there's one good thing he's done, it's expose what these people are really about. How is Trump winning among evangelicals? He's not fooling hardly anyone with these claims of being religious and pro-life, but he shares something more important: their hatred.

QFT!!!!

Source:

#44 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

QFT!!!! Indeed.
Cats will never be extinct!

#45 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

We aren't far at all from a President Trump banning Islam and rounding up Muslims into internment camps. He himself has refused to condemn Japanese internment, and has called for the murder of Muslims related to terrorists.

I can't speak for any others, but I was for Trump....until Trump's comments about Banning Muslims from the country. As if THAT would even work. Setting aside, for a moment, the fact that it is no where NEAR constitutional. Thinking that Terrorists won't lie and claim a different religion to enter the country is just insane. After Trump made those comments about banning Muslims, part of me tried to dismiss it as just Campaign talk. Speaking to a particular crowd to get their votes type deal. But then the other part of my brain said: "But, what if????" What if it wasn't just campaign BS? What if he actually tried it? Look what Obama did with his unconstitutional power grab granting amnesty, a power Obama himself said over 20 times he didn't have as President. What if Trump expanded on that power grab and actually started banning religions from the country?

If it comes down to Trump vs Hillary, I honestly don't know if I will even vote. I know for a FACT I will NEVER vote for Hillary. Not in a thousand lifetimes. The question remaining is do I vote for Trump just to beat Hillary and stop a third Obama term, by taking a gamble on Trump?????
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#46 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

You can always do a write-in vote for someone else.  Or vote for other stuff on your ballot and not for Pres.  Just don't stay home.
Cats will never be extinct!

#47 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostThemis, on 25 February 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

You can always do a write-in vote for someone else.  Or vote for other stuff on your ballot and not for Pres.  Just don't stay home.

Is it time for me to bring up "None of the above", yet?

https://en.wikipedia...ne_of_the_above

None of the Above (NOTA), also known as "against all" or a "scratch" vote, is a ballot option in some jurisdictions or organizations, designed to allow the voter to indicate disapproval of all of the candidates in a voting system. It is based on the principle that consent requires the ability to withhold consent in an election, just as they can by voting no on ballot questions.

Entities that include "None of the Above" on ballots as standard procedure include India ("None of the above"), Greece (λευκό, white, but unrelated to a political party of the similarly sounding name-however it is symbolic only), the U.S. state of Nevada (None of These Candidates), Ukraine (Проти всіх), Spain (voto en blanco), and Colombia (voto en blanco). Russia had such an option on its ballots (Против всех) until it was abolished in 2006.[1] Bangladesh introduced this option (না ভোট) in 2008.[2] Pakistan introduced this option on ballot papers for the 2013 Pakistan elections, but the Election Commission of Pakistan later rejected it.[3]

When None of the Above is listed on a ballot, there is the possibility of NOTA receiving a majority or plurality of the vote, and so "winning" the election. In such a case, a variety of formal procedures may be invoked, including having the office remain vacant, having the office filled by appointment, re-opening nominations or holding another election (in a body operating underparliamentary procedure), or it may have no effect whatsoever, as in India and the US state of Nevada, where the next highest total wins regardless.

Source:

#48 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 25 February 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

We aren't far at all from a President Trump banning Islam and rounding up Muslims into internment camps. He himself has refused to condemn Japanese internment, and has called for the murder of Muslims related to terrorists.

I can't speak for any others, but I was for Trump....until Trump's comments about Banning Muslims from the country. As if THAT would even work. Setting aside, for a moment, the fact that it is no where NEAR constitutional. Thinking that Terrorists won't lie and claim a different religion to enter the country is just insane. After Trump made those comments about banning Muslims, part of me tried to dismiss it as just Campaign talk. Speaking to a particular crowd to get their votes type deal. But then the other part of my brain said: "But, what if????" What if it wasn't just campaign BS? What if he actually tried it? Look what Obama did with his unconstitutional power grab granting amnesty, a power Obama himself said over 20 times he didn't have as President. What if Trump expanded on that power grab and actually started banning religions from the country?

If it comes down to Trump vs Hillary, I honestly don't know if I will even vote. I know for a FACT I will NEVER vote for Hillary. Not in a thousand lifetimes. The question remaining is do I vote for Trump just to beat Hillary and stop a third Obama term, by taking a gamble on Trump?????

"A gamble." That suggests you think it's possible a Trump presidency could pay off for America. Again - easy to say if you got no skin in the game. Tell that to the Mexican-Americans and Americans who happen to worship at a mosque instead of a church.

Oh and BTW you know that wall Trump wants to build? The one you think is such great idea? You realize it's not to keep them out ... right?

You know better than voting for a genocidal maniac.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#49 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

View PostBklnScott, on 23 February 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

View Postsierraleone, on 22 February 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

I came across an article today that gives a different perspective that might explain a part of Trump's appeal. It might also explain part of the detest of political correctness and its use.

It's an interesting outsider's perspective. I was struck that the writer doesn't seem to bake into his analysis the political power, legislative agenda, and beliefs of the white working class, as he calls them, over the past 30 or so years - during which time they experienced two distinct peaks of political power and influence, and used it to do what they thought should be done both domestically and abroad.

Another outside here, and perhaps who's young memory is not quite long enough to be as casually knowledgable into the history of this group's voting patterns for 30 years :) I have heard this before, that "middle" American votes conservative, against their own interests, repeatedly. Though I am not so clear on which two peaks of political power you refer to, and how they got accomplished what they seemingly wanted. I would agree there seems to be a lot accomplished for their paradigm on the state level, but I assume you mean the Federal level, as in the President, Congress, and/or Senate.

I wonder if that is part of the appeal of Trump, they never felt like they got what they wanted, so they are flipping the bird at the establishment Republicans? :dizzy: Assuming they know what they know and like what they actually want.... I read one article recently about a YouGov poll where 20% of Trump supporters disapproved of the Lincoln executive order which freed all the slaves in the states that were rebelling against the Federal government..... Sure... that could be argue that they are against executive over-reach, blah blah blah...  *shakes head* An addition 17% of Trump supporters weren't sure...

I read another article saying the thing that cut across all demographics with Trump supports were inclination towards Authoritarian worldview, and the author argued that people who are fearful (terrorism, economy, etc) often voted more with that group even if they didn't rate so high on the Authoritarian world-view normally. They used this to suggest another Terrorist attack could help Trump, and also that it might be easier for Trump to win voters in the Rust-belt, which also coincidentally tends to be whiter than many other parts of the country.

I honestly wonder what possible attack-ads could work against Trump. It isn't like his "flaws" aren't well known and not widely disseminated already....

When is the last election cycle that outsider and/or non-establishment candidates were doing so well in both parties primaries?
It seems like some on both sides have gotten fed up with little influence has gotten them from their investment in their respective parties.
America has certainly seemed to have dropped the "Hope" from "Hope and Change" this election cycle hasn't it :blink: Not that I necessarily blame them, but their response to this is Trump? Really?

Edited by sierraleone, 25 February 2016 - 07:24 PM.

- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#50 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

I honestly wonder what possible attack-ads could work against Trump. It isn't like his "flaws" aren't well known and not widely disseminated already....

I read ...http://www.huffingto...4b03260bf75b395

"Not taking Trump seriously as a candidate a year ago was a mistake we all made, so I don't blame his Republican opponents for that. But the lack of evidence that they have been doing thorough research on Trump more recently is malpractice," said Daly. "[I]f a Republican had committed six recent college grads to power through a Nexis dump in November and December, by January they'd have been able to compile a powerful narrative amplified by names and quotes that they could have put in ads by now."

[...]

But it is treated as a truism among Republicans that a vast reservoir of damaging opposition research remains untouched. It's a suspicion that Democrats aren't challenging. Indeed, one Democratic opposition research said that they’ve spent the past eight months compiling material on Trump as he’s risen up the ranks. That's actually not a lot of time. Democrats had started focusing on Mitt Romney in 2009 -- a full two years before he ran again for the presidency. But those eight months have produced some good.That researcher estimated that of all the material they’ve compiled -- court and property records, newspaper clips and videos -- approximately 80 percent of it has yet to surface in this election cycle.

We'll see what we see as info on Trump comes out.  People think they know all about him because he's a celebrity and so visible.  But, the truth is, he's an actor a on a stage [celebrities all are], and we know next to nothing about who this man really is.  Democrats are going to have a field day.  What remains to be seen, is, will voters turn a blind eye to the vetting process of a campaign?  

I'd have bet that Trump was indeed a joke candidate, and we see how that has turned out.  I don't hold out much hope for voters recognizing just how ill suited Trump is to public office.  i wouldn't elect him dog catcher.  

And, just to make my position crystal clear, I don't give a damn how angry the American People are, it's still no excuse to elect this man.  People have lost their collective minds, and I now see...[yes a Godwin is coming...] how Hitler did it.  Something I never understood really until now.

Source:

#51 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:30 AM

These primaries are just plain ol schizophrenic.  Voters are like children with ADHD and can't focus on any one topic for longer than 15 minutes.  Whoever implants something 15 minutes before they vote, gets to vote.  It's crazy.  I'm not just afraid of Trump any longer, I'm afraid no matter who gets nominated.  The voters are voting against all their interests.

Source:

#52 Cait

Cait

• 10,810 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

And, like I said, if turnout is high, Democrats win.  If you make it hard to vote, Republicans win.

http://www.huffingto...830765019874495

As voting rights advocates predicted loud and often, new voter ID laws seem to be hitting Democrats harder than Republicans.[GOP voter turnout in this year's presidential race is up 62 percent relative to 2008, the last time both parties had open contests. But Democratic voter turnout is down by 29 percent across all the primary and caucus states that have voted so far.

In all but two states, fewer Democrats turned out to vote in 2016 than did in 2008.Evidence suggests that new voting restrictions are at least a contributing factor.Eight out of the 16 states that have held primaries or caucuses so far have implemented new voter ID or other restrictive voting laws since 2010. Democratic turnout has dropped 37 percent overall in those eight states, but just 13 percent in the states that didn't enact new voter restrictions.

To put it another way, Democratic voter turnout was 285 percent worse in states with new voter ID laws.

Source:

#53 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,620 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

^^^ Which was probably the intent behind the new Voter ID laws -- claims of combatting [the apparently non-existant] Voter fraud notwithstanding.  After all, if the GOP couldn't rely on those people to vote their way, why should they allow them to vote at all?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#54 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,028 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

http://projects.five...legate-targets/
Contested convention is looking more likely. Trump is the only Republican with a shot of winning enough delegates to take the convention outright, but his odds have gone down considerably. He was at 115% of his optimal delegate count, now he's at 105%. Kasich staying in the race long enough to take Ohio's idiotic winner-take-all delegates may make all the difference.

#55 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

Yes, if Kasich can win his own state, Trump may well be prevented from crossing the delegate threshold outright ... ensuring a contested convention ... but the data seems to indicate that Kasich, in fact, cannot win his own state.

http://elections.huf...dential-primary

Ditto Rubio - but he's even further behind in his own state than Kasich is in Ohio.

Sorry, GOP. Lay down with dogs, get fleas. Trump is the standard-bearer the Republican Party deserves.

#56 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,028 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

I dunno, Nate Silver has 44% chance of Ohio going to Kasich vs. 35% for Trump.
http://projects.five...hio-republican/

#57 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:04 PM

538's numbers are basically the same, they just weight them differently. I'm not sure what the other factors 538 used were, but it doesn't seem like Kasich has actually been UP in any of the polls. So what are the elements that argue in his favor? I mean, I'll be thrilled if Kasich takes Ohio - for numerous reasons - but I don't think there's much chance that's gonna happen. Others may still hold out some expectation of a rational vote on the GOP side but I didn't have much faith in that BEFORE this cycle, so... :)

Edited by BklnScott, 07 March 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#58 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

Oh, I realize that reads like I consider voting for Kasich rational. Haha. He's just as bad as the rest of them, if not worse. What a heartless pr*ck - standing up there on the debate stage offering free hugs. John Arthur and Jim Obergefell didn't get any free hugs, did they? Or the women he forces to endure transvaginal ultrasounds if they want to exercise their right to choose abortion? Do they get hugs after being coerced to submit to the shame of a penetrative vaginal exam that is NOT medically but POLITICALLY indicated?

It's hysterical that some people think he's the sane Republican option just because he's the only one who no longer denies climate change or whatever. He's a nutcase culture warrior just like the others only with one pinky toe tethered to reality.

So to be clear: voting for him in the Ohio primary becomes rational and even praiseworthy in context but only because it would c*ck-block Trump from the nomination and hasten the (probably inevitable) destruction of the GOP.

PS, Romney filed his FEC paperwork today. He's totally running if they tap him at the convention. Hahaha! Do it, Mittens, do it!

Edited by BklnScott, 07 March 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#59 cade

cade
  • Islander
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostBklnScott, on 07 March 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

Yes, if Kasich can win his own state, Trump may well be prevented from crossing the delegate threshold outright ... ensuring a contested convention ... but the data seems to indicate that Kasich, in fact, cannot win his own state.

http://elections.huf...dential-primary

Ditto Rubio - but he's even further behind in his own state than Kasich is in Ohio.

Sorry, GOP. Lay down with dogs, get fleas. Trump is the standard-bearer the Republican Party deserves.

Yeah, that's why I've kinda been hoping Trump wins, even though part of me screams no. He's their true face that they always mask. He's continuing the same racist Southern Strategy that Republicans have engaged in for 50 years, but what bothers them is he hides it so poorly even the mainstream media has begun calling him out. Meanwhile these same Republicans bemoaning Trump support obviously racist voter suppression policies.

#60 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

One thing that's confusing me is the difference in the number of delegates needed to win the nomination. On the Democratic side it's over 2,000. While on the Republican side it's like 1,283. Why the difference in needed delegates? Shouldn't the numbers be the same?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Election, Primaries, 2016

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users