Supergirl DC CBS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:34 AM

Posted Image

Kara travels to Superman's Fortress of Solitude in hopes of learning how to defeat Indigo (Laura Vandervoort), a dangerous being who can transport via the Internet and who has a connection to Kara's past. Also, James's relationship with Lucy reaches a crossroads.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:13 PM

Can't believe I forgot to review this. Bad fanboy.

I liked the episode, but there were some things that bugged me. The love triangle was one of them. I guess it's good that Lucy broke it off with Jimmy since he hasn't been all in with regards to their relationship. Still, I just don't buy the love connection between Kara and Jimmy. Sure they've been shown to be really good friends but the romantic chemistry just doesn't seem to be there. It feels like something the writers thought would be a good idea (Hey, let's have Superman's cousin date his best friend) but it hasn't really worked out that way.

Also, and I know this is a minor quibble but it bugged me, how did Kelex know Indigo's new name if she just started going by that and had only told Non at that point? Also, I wish they hadn't made Indigo look like such a cheap Mystique knock-off.

The scene at the end when Alex finally reveals that she murdered Astra to keep her from killing J'onn was so powerful and moving. All three actors brought their A-game. Kara hugging her sobbing sister, and then grabbing J'onn's hand was great. I doubt it will be easy for them to move forward but at least the truth is out there. I'm sure Kara will harbor some ill will towards Alex, and I bet she feels horrible at how she has been treating J'onn.

I really liked Cat's reaction when she found out how close National City came to being obliterated. She leaves work early to cook dinner for her son and just hug him.

Indigo was a great threat, and I loved seeing Laura Vandervoort again. I like that this show has brought back the other actresses that have played Supergirl. I loved that they kept her Brainiac 8 identity, as well as tying her in to Kara's pod (as well as Fort Rozz) escaping the Phantom Zone was nice. I'm glad they finally addressed just how they all escaped the PZ.

So whatever Myriad is, it isn't about obliterating the human race. That's what Indigo wanted to do, and she only made her appearance now because Astra was dead and she could pull off her plan. It makes me wonder just what Myriad is intended to do.

I did not see Siobahn and Winn hooking up at all. I'm glad he's finally getting some feminine attention but it's going to end badly with Siobahn. Still, I like how they're slowly building her up and revealing more about her character.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CBS

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users