• 4,959 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:17 AM

Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 1-7, pic 2.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-7, pic 4.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-7, pic 7.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-7, pic 14.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-7, pic 16.jpg

When the group receives a distress call from another timeship, Rip decides to answer it, despite warnings from the rest of the team that it seems like a trap.

LOL, the look on Jax's face in the second pic is priceless!  :lol:

SFG

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

BTW, I noticed something interesting in the list of upcoming episodes.

Ep 14 "River of Time" will be directed by Alice Troughton, who has directed several episodes of Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Sarah Jane Adventures (not to mention a lot of BBC's Merlin and some of Atlantis).  So it seems that TPTB's taste for bringing Doctor Who talent into the Arrow-verse is not limited to actors!!  :cool:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 03 March 2016 - 12:30 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

Wow, so much going on in this episode!  :o  So many epic things happened here, in all the moments, big and small! :eek:

I loved every minute of this episode, and each minute for a different reason! :oh:  :D  :love:  And a few things I'm not sure what to make of yet.  :unsure:

So much to comment on I don't even know if I can get to it all!  But for now, I woke up with this song running through my head, and it took me a little while to realize why:  :humble:

Lyrics

SFG  :happy:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 04 March 2016 - 11:51 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

This was definitely a strong episode and I liked that while Savage was still mentioned he had no part in the episode. The time pirates made for good villains and it was a nice break from seeing the team lose against Savage again.

Okay, I can't decide if they really killed Heatwave off or not. I wouldn't put it past this show since I thought they would bring Carter back and haven't. At the same time he's a pretty important member of the Rogues over on The Flash so I don't know if they really could kill him. Either way, it's a bold move to have him actually turn against the crew and then be put off the ship.

Not sure I'm feeling Ray's relationship with Kendra. It came on too sudden and there's been no real groundwork laid down. Heck, Ray just decided he had feelings for her because Stein mentioned it to him.

Okay, Professor Stein moving about the ship and taking down the pirates and freeing Rip, Jax, and the other Time Master was just awesome. Stein is quickly becoming my favorite character.

A spaceship battle? Yes, please. It was nice to see what the Waverider could do. I also love that Rip's codewords are names of some pretty serious DC villains. Imperiex alone threatened the entire universe and was involved in a gigantic cross-over among all the books back in the early 2000s.

Okay, why didn't Stein and Jax combine into Firestorm? They could have dealt with the pirates pretty easily once they did that.

Okay, most of the crew just became mass murderers.

Ray's suit is pretty versatile if it can survive in the vacuum of space. Glad to see his face shield can cover his entire face.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Had this half written, and then I went traveling and everything went sideways. ;) Anyway, here it is. :)

It was nice to see Rip so casual at the beginning.  But seeing him watch the hologram on repeat, oh the heartbreak.  :(

And the flashbacks were really good, they gave us more of a sense of where Rip is coming from, and what his wife was like.  :humble:

But also, the time masters are starting to make a little more sense!  The no family rule didn't really make sense at first, because they implied that having a family would bias their decisions.  But now they explain that it is because family members could be threatened by enemies who wish to control a time master.  That does make a lot more sense.

Even more interesting is the mention that all time masters go by fake names, as their ancesters could become targets as well.  That makes a lot of sense for time travelers.  But it does make me wonder ... What is Rip's true identity?!?  Is that significant in any way, and will we ever find out?  I don't know, but it's interesting to think about!  :D

The rest of the episode, as I said before, was filled with one awesome moment after another!  :D

Rip saying this line with such gravitas:

You don't know my crew.
They're iron-willed and battle-hardened.
The most formidable warriors to navigate time and space.

And then it cuts to Ray:

Captain's log. Stardate 837.9. ...

:howling:

And then Ray and Kendra debating the merits of Kirk vs Picard was priceless! :lol:  Which even went so far as Kendra citing Vash!  :howling:

And Jax quoting Star Wars, so many great lines!  :lol:

Stein was just hilarious, saving the day while playing "Space Ranger"!  :howling:  

And that ending.  :o  I wasn't expecting that, but I guess it was inevitable, really. :mellow:

SFG

Quote from transcript:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 31 March 2016 - 05:54 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

Ok, here are some more thoughts.  

At first it seemed like Mick was really off the show.  But, then I realized a few different things.  One is no body, no death.  We say Snart fire his weapon, but we did not actually see Mick get shot!  Snart made an effort to take him out ... somewhere, to apparently shoot him.  Why take him somewhere remote?

Second, and most tellingly, the title for this episode is "Marooned".  But the main plot was entirely about being high-jacked by pirates!  Nothing about that relates to the word "Marooned"!!   But, if Snart left Mick stranded somewhere, that would completely explain why this episode is titled the way it is.   :mellow:

Also, why spend 7 episodes getting to know a character only to just get rid of him?  If he betrays the team and is then abandoned, that leaves so many more story potentials open.  He's angry and now he's been kicked out and stranded somewhere.  That will almost certainly come back to bite the team, because now he could come back, as a future villain, or henchmen to a villain.  He's not really smart enough to mastermind something himself, but he would be so useful as an ally to anyone who was after our team.  He knows so much about all of them: their their personal strengths and weakness, their goals and methods, technical capabilities, the ship etc ...

And there will need to be new villains after Savage.

So, I had all of these thoughts after this episode, as I went traveling and had lots of time to think.  When I came back I saw the next episode, and had a new really big thought.  But I will put that new thought in the thread for ep 8, as something in that ep made me think of it.  ;)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users