2016 Election Democtats Hillary Clinton 2016

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:38 AM

Alright, I have to ask....What is the color of the sky in this b**ch's world?

Wallace played the clips of Comey refuting EVERYTHING Hillary had said about emailing classified documents, and Hillary's response is "That's not what I heard him say. I'm telling the truth" Right after watching the clip of the FBI director calling her a liar to the congressional committee.

Perhaps a better question is: What drugs is she taking and where can I get some?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#22 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:43 AM

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#23 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 01 August 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

Alright, I have to ask....What is the color of the sky in this b**ch's world?

Wallace played the clips of Comey refuting EVERYTHING Hillary had said about emailing classified documents, and Hillary's response is "That's not what I heard him say. I'm telling the truth" Right after watching the clip of the FBI director calling her a liar to the congressional committee.

Perhaps a better question is: What drugs is she taking and where can I get some?

Well, to paraphrase the theme of Trump's comments about how surprised he was that Hillary didn't congratulate him or show him respect at the convention, I'm surprised that you at least didn't congratulate or give props to Hillary for agreeing to an interview on Fox. Since you've been slamming her as one not to open herself up to questioning.

As far as her answer on the "classified documents", allow me to correct you on one point...James Comey NEVER called her a liar, as you maintain above. Trey Gowdy tried his hardest to get Comey to do so, but all Comey said when Gowdy pressed him by reading Clinton's remarks that she hadn't sent or received classified documents was that "there were classified documents". On one other issue framed by Gowdy Comey allowed that something Clinton maintained was not true, but that's a far cry from calling someone a liar, and your characterization of his sworn comments regarding Hillary are inaccurate. Also, after the hearing it was clarified that the THREE documents in question, out of tens of thousands, were not truly "classified" at all.

That being said, her response to Wallace on that particular issue did seem kind of weaselly and evasive, just like her explanations the day after the hearing sounded. I'm kinda surprised she went with the " some docs were classified retroactively and throwing her 300 colleagues under the bus" defense. I think she should've dwelt on the after hearing clarification that the docs were not really classified material anyway. But in any case, that's the only part of the Fox interview where Wallace even laid a glove on her at all, and the only part you mentioned, I see :) . The rest was a Clinton tour de force. She was able to lay out her case against Trump in a measured and effective manner, to an audience of Fox bots who would never listen to her otherwise. She went into the lion's den and emerged with nary a scratch, just a slight graze from the right wing paw on the e-mail thing with the rest a series of body blows to Trump's credibility and fitness to an audience that would never be exposed to it on their network of choice. She may not have convinced you, LoTS. You're a Hillary Hater summa cum laude, but I'll bet she reached some of the voters listening on Fox, those not as calcified in their partisanship as you.

#24 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

And as far as offering inexplicable and contradictory refutation to things that have been said and done, your boy Trump does it every other time he opens his mouth. " I have a great relationship with Putin, talked with him several times" / "I never met Putin, don't know him at all". "Yes, I think I've sacrificed  a lot. I've built structures and employed thousands of people...I've been tremendously successful"  Stephanopolus--"You think those are sacrifices?   " Yes, I do."

Edited by yadda yadda, 01 August 2016 - 01:57 PM.

#25 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 01 August 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

And as far as offering inexplicable and contradictory refutation to things that have been said and done, your boy Trump does it every other time he opens his mouth. " I have a great relationship with Putin, talked with him several times" / "I never met Putin, don't know him at all". "Yes, I think I've sacrificed  a lot. I've built structures and employed thousands of people...I've been tremendously successful"  Stephanopolus--"You think those are sacrifices?   " Yes, I do."

My boy Trump, as you put it, isn't a classic politician. His words aren't sanded down, poll tested, to make sure they don't offend anyone. He's a businessman, not a politician.

Having said that....

Going after the Khan's, the way he did...That was just sheer stupidity. It was a no win situation from the get go. I get the Trump has this whole "If you attack me, I attack back" attitude going on...but there are times when the best approach isn't to attack.

#26 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 01 August 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

As far as her answer on the "classified documents", allow me to correct you on one point...James Comey NEVER called her a liar, as you maintain above. Trey Gowdy tried his hardest to get Comey to do so, but all Comey said when Gowdy pressed him by reading Clinton's remarks that she hadn't sent or received classified documents was that "there were classified documents". On one other issue framed by Gowdy Comey allowed that something Clinton maintained was not true, but that's a far cry from calling someone a liar, and your characterization of his sworn comments regarding Hillary are inaccurate. Also, after the hearing it was clarified that the THREE documents in question, out of tens of thousands, were not truly "classified" at all.

He called her a liar without using those exact words of "Hillary lied." There is literally no other way to interpret, or spin, Comey's answer of "There were classified documents." Not when put in context of the question Gowdy asked.

#27 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 01 August 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 01 August 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

He called her a liar without using those exact words of "Hillary lied." There is literally no other way to interpret, or spin, Comey's answer of "There were classified documents." Not when put in context of the question Gowdy asked.

He did NOT call her a liar. You are wrong. There literally ARE other ways of interpreting or discerning why she could have said "there were no classified documents sent or received" and him saying that there were without him inferring she was a liar. To "lie" is to make an intentional effort to deceive or mislead. If there was no intent to deceive by making a statement that of her belief that she didn't send or receive classified information in her e-mails, then she would be mistaken, not a liar if later proven otherwise. If the three e-mails characterized by Comey as being classified, in contradiction of Clinton's statement to the contrary, turned out NOT to be classified, meaning Comey was mistaken or not fully informed at the moment of the hearing, then that would also be evidence invalidating your assertion that he characterized or suggested she was a liar. And thirdly and perhaps most importantly, there is no evidence that Clinton's pant suit burst into flames while disavowing the classification of documents issue, so I'd say that puts your argument to bed once and for all. And in conclusion, all there is to say is, what difference does it make? :)

Edited by yadda yadda, 01 August 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#28 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,027 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

Since we're talking about pants being on fire...
http://politifact.co...illary-clinton/
http://politifact.co...s/donald-trump/

Hillary has a "false" rating of 11% and a pants-on-fire rating of 2%.
Trump's are 37% and 17%, respectively. Meaning literally half of what comes out of his mouth is completely untrue.

If honesty is the only thing that matters, Hillary is clearly the correct choice.

Edited by Omega, 01 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#29 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostOmega, on 01 August 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Hillary is clearly the correct choice.

Clearly.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#30 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,045 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostCait, on 01 August 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostOmega, on 01 August 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Hillary is clearly the correct choice.

Clearly.

Unless your grey matter isn't working right.

Unfortunately, the average person is functionally illiterate. Not the modern definition of functionally illiterate, which has been gerrymandered to make the modern schooling system look better, but the actual definition, which is people thinking by rote without knowing how stuff works (language, reason, for example).

People thinking by rote is a scary thing, because a person thinking by rote has great difficulty with reason, and can only accomplish reason with a great deal of effort- something they tend to resist, with extreme prejudice.

That's quite a thing, when you think about it. The average person is unable to reason. Not won't reason but can't.

When Heinlein said, "The average person is of subnormal intelligence," this is what he was referring to. It's that they're both average and functionally illiterate.

The Trump phenomenon is testament to this. Orwell said that, "hope lies with the proletariat".

Yeah . . . good luck with that.

I'm building a lake-side cabin in a remote area, far from the madding crowd. Who's with me?
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#31 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:49 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 01 August 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

He did NOT call her a liar. You are wrong. There literally ARE other ways of interpreting or discerning why she could have said "there were no classified documents sent or received" and him saying that there were without him inferring she was a liar. To "lie" is to make an intentional effort to deceive or mislead. If there was no intent to deceive by making a statement that of her belief that she didn't send or receive classified information in her e-mails, then she would be mistaken, not a liar if later proven otherwise. If the three e-mails characterized by Comey as being classified, in contradiction of Clinton's statement to the contrary, turned out NOT to be classified, meaning Comey was mistaken or not fully informed at the moment of the hearing, then that would also be evidence invalidating your assertion that he characterized or suggested she was a liar. And thirdly and perhaps most importantly, there is no evidence that Clinton's pant suit burst into flames while disavowing the classification of documents issue, so I'd say that puts your argument to bed once and for all. And in conclusion, all there is to say is, what difference does it make? :)

Well at least you're not saying she was telling the truth, which she clearly wasn't. Your defense is "She was mistaken." Mistaken??? Really? If she was mistaken then she was clearly incompetent.

Personally, I just think we have a different definition of truth. Which I didn't think was possible, because truth is truth. period. You seem to be implying that because it was Hillary, a lie is just a mistake.

#32 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:16 PM

Truth is truth. And a lie is a lie. You need to look up what a lie is. And then figure out why you put that word in Comey's mouth where it most definitely was not. Sure she lied. And she was lying on Fox yesterday when she said that Comey said she was truthful, because he didn't. Tell me what politician hasn't or doesn't? But like Omega suggests, if objective observers point out that Trump lies on over 50% of what he says (and his are ridiculous whoppers), to like 13% of what Clinton says...the choice is clear. Especially when you factor in that Trump is nuts.

Edited by yadda yadda, 01 August 2016 - 11:40 PM.

#33 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,045 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:04 AM

Mistaken does not = incompetent. That's utter nonsense. Everyone is mistaken about something each and every day. It's a state of being, for everyone.

Truth as such doesn't exist. It's an outdated idea whose time has long since come and gone. It's actually a religious idea at its root, like "good and evil".

There are facts and there are things that ain't facts. There are also things we assume to be factual that maybe are or aren't.

Facts are supported by evidence, and what evidence seems to tell us can change over time. Something can appear factual based on our best current understanding, and that understanding can change over time.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Election, Democtats, Hillary Clinton, 2016

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users