Supergirl DC CBS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:31 PM

Posted Image

Kara turns on her friends and the citizens of National City after being exposed to Red Kryptonite makes her malicious and dangerous. Also, Cat appears on THE TALK to discuss Supergirl.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:15 PM

That was an amazing episode. I was nervous that they were using Red K and figured that everything would more or less be reset at the end of the episode like it so often seemed to happen on Smallville but instead they used it to make some big changes on the show.

The biggest change is that now everyone knows that Hank Henshaw is dead and that J'onn has been impersonating him this entire time. The citizens might see him as a hero but the government higher-ups and other members of the D.E.O. are probably going to be against him. We saw that with Senator Crane as she's going back to her hating all aliens mentality. Kara got Siobhan fired, and that is definitely going to come back to bite her on the butt, especially since

Spoiler

Kara's relationship with both Alex and Jimmy were damaged. They're both right that there's truth in what Kara said to both of them. It's not going to be easy to sweep that under the rug.

Red K Kara is chilling. She was evil through and through and loving every minute of it. Her new costume was cool.

Red K in this universe is synthetic and created by Lord. I love that he tried to create it from the blue kryptonite the D.E.O. used against Bizarro. He couldn't get it right, and created a kind that won't help in the war against Non.

I know Winn's probably hard up, but him and Siobhan getting busy during the workday? Probably not a smart move.

Cat really impressed me this episode. She didn't run the initial story about Supergirl because she didn't have all the facts and couldn't be sure that there wasn't another Bizarro running around. Then, when she got up close and personal with the evil Supergirl, she warned the city. Then, at the end, she accepted Supergirl's apology and told her that she was going to have to work hard to regain the city's trust.

The montage during Cat's speech was pretty moving as people took down symbols to Supergirl across the city. It showed just how beloved Supergirl was, and just how low she had fallen.

I know this is simply a problem of the conceit of doing a show about Supergirl, but if ever there was a time that Superman was going to make an appearance it would be now. Yes, he told Kara he would let her deal with her own problems, and that may be why he hasn't acted against Non or his followers, but surely he would want to stop his cousin from rampaging in the city.

I have no idea what's going to happen now. J'onn is locked up, who knows for how long. Supergirl has lost the trust of the city. Someone is going to have to take over the D.E.O. Kara and Jimmy's relationship has been damaged pretty bad. Winn might also be mad at Kara for getting Siobhan fired. This episode definitely felt like a game-changer.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

Winn and Siobhan making out while at work...so NOT a smart move, especially with Cat Grant as your boss. That is a sure fire way to get fired.

Evil Supergirl...WOW! I mean just damn. She took evil to an entirely new level. I was a bit surprised that the kryptonite bullets the DEO were firing at her didn't affect her at all though. At least it looked like Kyrptonite bullets, given the green muzzle flashes the guns made.

Cat's comment about: "Please, I've base jump mount Kilamanjero" and then admitting, Supergirl did frighten her a little. So glad they aren't doing the Smallville reset, and that thngs Kara said while under red K aren't just being swept under the rug. I think the most touching scene of the city taking down the Supergirl things was with the little girl throwing away her Supergirl shirt.

I get that they don't use Superman because of probably license issues, and especially since Batman V Superman is about to hit the Big Screen, but not having Superman at least show up while his cousin is tearing apart the city is a huge problem.

J'onn revealing his true self....So didn't see THAT one coming.

I found Lord's confessing and helping create the cure a bit forced. But I guess that's to be expected, given that it's a 45 minute show.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:03 AM

Melissa Benoist and Calista Flockhart were incredible - especially Benoist because I've never seen her do anything that intense.
Cats will never be extinct!

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

Melissa Benoist and Calista Flockhart were incredible - especially Benoist because I've never seen her do anything that intense.

The scene where Kara wakes up right after being cured of the Red K was simply amazing. Benoist sold the grief and anguish Kara was feeling as every bad deed, word, and thought she let loose during her Red K phase hit her at once. It was such an emotional scene, and both actresses deserve some kind of recognition for it.

I found Lord's confessing and helping create the cure a bit forced. But I guess that's to be expected, given that it's a 45 minute show.

Yeah, it did seem out of left field for Lord to just confess like that. On the other hand, he was probably afraid that this Dark Supergirl would eventually target him and that he wouldn't be able to defend himself against her. Confessing what he did to the D.E.O. and helping them cure her was the best way to save himself. Plus, I don't think he wants to see the city burn and that's what Supergirl was aiming for.

J'onn revealing his true self....So didn't see THAT one coming.

Neither did I. That reveal was something I thought would happen either in the finale or in the second season. It's a big game-changer this close to the finale.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CBS

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users