Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,571 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:23 AM

After tracking Malick to Russia, Bobby and Hunter become involved in an assassination plot; the team is changed forever as it races to save lives.

Remember to tune in tonight, True Believers, 9pm Eastern/8pm Central on ABC.  Things are amping up.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

I'm worried about this "change the team forever" thing.  I hope they don't kill somebody off.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

^ Me too.  Though I assume they are referring to whatever will happen to set up Marvel's Most Wanted.  :)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,571 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

Well, that was certainly one way to do a spin-off.

OK, I confess, with the knowledge that they were moving forward with Marvel's Most Wanted, when I heard the promo announce that "things will change forever" I knew it would be Bobbi and Lance who would be leaving.  So the only question that remained concerned the "How" as opposed to "Who".  That they were disavowed because an Op went bad ... OK, I can go with that.  And the farewell scene was appropriately emotional ... they may no longer be part of the team, but they will be missed.

This is simply an instance where news in entertainment unintentionally undermined the suspense that the Marketing Department was hoping to generate for this episode.

Also, I so called the Gulag/Reservation on Russia's proposed "Sanctuary," although, I admit that wasn't much of a stretch.

OK, so we also had the reappearance of Dark Force (aka Zero Matter, as labeled on Agent Carter) albeit, in the form of the General's animated shadow.  This Dark Force is to also play a role with the upcoming Doctor Strange film, so there is that link as well.

Finally, I'm going to miss the Fitz-Hunter banter.  Now that was an unlikely friendship that actually felt genuine.  

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 25 March 2016 - 07:01 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:28 PM

I'm sorry that the Fitz-Mack friendship seems to have been forgotten.  The thing that made me love Mack was how he befriended Fitz and helped him when he was trying to recover from brain damage.  He was the only one who really helped him.

I knew about that Most Wanted spin-off, but I didn't think it was going to happen so soon.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

But apparently it is.

That was quite a sad and excellent ending.  They got quite a send off, made especially poignant by Hunter's prior conversation with May and by Mack's tears. I hope they all get to work together again someday.  :(

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,571 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:12 AM

Well, honestly, Mack-Anyone is good ... I liked the Fitz-Mack dynamic, and I like the Daisy-Mack dynamic as well.

The Fitz-Hunter thing was unexpected, if only because Hunter is just so ... not Fitz.  And that those two formed a bond was rather nice.  Be it over the difficulties they had with the women in their lives, or that Fitz could successfully talk Hunter through a tech-job, or Hunter could talk Fitz through eluding his shadows ... they genuinely liked each other.  Oh, yeah, Hunter's reaction upon hearing that Fitz had recovered Simmons ruled.  For such a cynical sod, he is a romantic.

As for the whole timing of the departure, according to an interview I read, it was necessary so that the actors would be free to work on the pilot for Marvel's Most Wanted.  Thus making this yet another a case where RL affects the fictional narrative.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 25 March 2016 - 10:50 AM.

-- Doc Savage

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

The Hunter-Fitz bond benefited from them both being Brits, I think, as does the Fitz-Simmons romance.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostG-man, on 25 March 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

Oh, yeah, Hunter's reaction upon hearing that Fitz had recovered Simmons ruled.  
Yeah, I loved that.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users