Supergirl DC CBS The Flash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

Kara gains a new ally when the lightning-fast superhero The Flash (Grant Gustin) suddenly appears from an alternate universe and helps Kara battle Siobhan, aka Silver Banshee, and Livewire in exchange for her help in finding a way to return him home.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:31 PM

That was an awesome cross-over. There were just so many good things about it.

Cat had so many great lines in this episode. I loved her comment about the safe, ethnically diverse looking CW cast as well as the fact that she figured out that Barry Allen was the Flash. I wonder if she was also hinting that she might still suspect Kara is Supergirl. Now since J'onn has been exposed Cat might be wondering if maybe Kara and Supergirl are one and the same. I also like that Cat appealed to Livewire to let her live so her boys aren't made motherless. I hope we do see Adam and Carter on the show again at some point.

I wonder if calling him the Blur was a nod towards Smallville?

Kara and Barry are just great together. They have the same kind of infectious enthusiasm and love for superheroing. Barry's excitement at learning that Kara was an alien and that quite a lot of aliens exist on this Earth was fun.

Barry also fit in well with the supporting cast. He and Winn got along great and I liked how jealous Jimmy was of him. It's too bad Alex and J'onn weren't in this episode.

"Let's settle this like women." That line had me cracking up. Honestly, a lot of this episode did.

Siobhan made a very convincing Silver Banshee. I wasn't sure of her look just seeing it in photos but in the actual episode itself it worked great. My only complaint is that they left it unclear whether her face was just makeup she had applied or if it was more of a magical transformation.

I really liked how the show built up to Siobhan becoming the Silver Banshee. She didn't just turn evil overnight. Even here she only really goes bad once she learns about the curse and how to end it.

Poor Winn. He finally gets a semi-girlfriend and she ends up transforming into a villain that wants to kill Cat and Kara more than be with him. The dude can't catch a break when it comes to women.

It was good to see James and Winn backing Kara up again. It feels like it's been too long since they've all worked as a unit like this. I definitely prefer the more bro-tastic Winn and James to their old romantic rivals edition. Winn had way too much fun with Jimmy's jealousy of Barry here.

Okay, the D.E.O. is just as bad as STAR Labs at just letting people walk in and out. It makes sense that Winn would take Siobhan there but it doesn't seem like they went out of their way to hide the location of the base from her. Jimmy and Winn also seem to just be able to march in whenever.

Oh, it may have been a throwaway line but I appreciated that the show has now set up a meta-human prison in National City. Just like I don't like how Team Flash keeps meta-humans locked up in the pipeline, I didn't like how the D.E.O. kept meta-humans locked up. Granted, at least the D.E.O. is a government agency given the power to lock up people, but considering it's a classified program with little oversight it's locking up of people and not just aliens didn't set well with me.

Lucy and James talking like adults about their relationship and how it was a good idea to end it was so refreshing to a lot of melodrama shows usually give when it comes to break-ups. Lucy realizes that she forced the relationship and that Jimmy truly cares about Kara.

The scene where Kara saves the helicopter and then the citizens of National City surround her to protect her definitely gave me the feels. It was great to see the city look past her Red K behavior and see that she is trying to do the right thing. The firefighters coming to her rescue was just the icing on the cake. That's going to be one of my favorite moments from this season.

It's too bad Barry's supporting cast couldn't have made the trip as well. I would have loved to see Cisco freaking out over Kara and the D.E.O. Maybe if there's a season 2 that can happen.

Livewire was a good villain to bring back. Her powers made her a threat to both the Flash and Supergirl, and her hatred of Cat meshed well with Silver Banshee's hatred for Kara. The two villains made a good team.

The final fight between the two heroes and the two villains was pretty good. It was a nice use of all their powers and was staged pretty well. I wish the Flash hadn't been taken out but it worked since the show wanted the people of National City to save the day.

While I may not be a fan of Kara and Jimmy as a couple, I am glad that they've finally just admitted their feelings for each other. Granted, it was bad timing since Non has activated Myriad and made Jimmy a drone apparently but still.

Looks like Myriad is some kind of mind control device. That's pretty sinister and is actually a good way to take over a planet. With only two episodes left it makes sense that Non would finally activate his endgame.

I really loved the crossover. It was pretty much everything I wanted out of the episode. Barry and Kara worked well together, he fit into the universe quite well, and the threat the heroes faced was big enough for the two of them. I also liked seeing Barry in a mentor role as he helped Kara to realize she needs to slow down when it comes to trying to win back the faith of the city. It made a nice counter-point to the first cross-over between The Flash and Arrow where Oliver was doing the mentoring to Barry.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

Ok, I had a silly grin plastered on my face for most of this episode!  :D :love:  That was just way too much fun!  :D

Agree with everything you said, especially the great lines!  :lol:

And I also loved Winn's reaction to Barry.  When Barry went to explain the multi worlds, he turned his back and Winn gave the goofiest can you believe this grin to Kara, and James gave Winn this scornful look ... Just too funny!  :howling:

And yes, the firemen saving Supergirl was a great moment.  When the one said "it was our turn to save you", I remembered that the last thing Kara did before the Red K rampage was save a bunch of firemen.  Clearly, they didn't forget.  :humble:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

Loved it, loved it, loved it!  Especially the " the safe, ethnically diverse looking CW cast" line - I cracked up.  Winn and Barry would be a great bromance.  Too bad they've done this different earths thing.
Cats will never be extinct!

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

Alright, this episode was just pure awesomeness. Absolutely LOVED it.

Winn's line of "Jealousy, thy name is Olsen." Was great, but what made it priceless was Jimmy's scowl after hearing it. LOL.

Cat Grant literally STOLE all the scenes she was in though, literally. Her conversation to Kara about how to attract Jimmy, was great...but made Priceless when she grabbed Kara's wrist as Kara went for her muffin. "These are MINE!" LOL. The line about the safe, ethnically diverse CW show had me in a coughing fit, cause I happened to be taking a sip of coffee at that exact moment. The fact that Cat KNEW Barry was the Flash, very interesting. And I do think the name "The Blur" was a nod to Smallville. And Barry's face upon hearing Cat's thought about the name "The Flash" LMAO!

I would've rathered have Banshee's look be more a result of hearing the Banshee then a Live Wire make over, but I'll take what I can get.

Poor Kara, she kisses Jimmy right as Myriad activates...LOL. She just can't get a break.

While I did love the people of National City standing up for SuperGirl, I couldn't help but think their actions, at least as far as the crowd of people goes, wasn't really very smart. You're dealing with someone who is shooting electricity out of her hands, electrifying anything and everything she wants, and you're plan it to stand in front of her target? Not conductive for a long life, IMO. The Firemen using the water hose...just great. At least they had a weapon they could use.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,585 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

I caught that scene ... I think that the crowd was HOPING that Live Wire was not psychotic enough to actually electrocute them all.  Certainly, they gave Live Wire pause when demonstrating their willingness to shield SUPERGIRL, even at the risk to their own lives.  And given that Cat's argument about sparing her for the sake of her children also gave Live Wire pause, suggests that there is still some shred of decency within her that she probably feels she needs to rid herself of.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:00 AM

And I also loved Winn's reaction to Barry.  When Barry went to explain the multi worlds, he turned his back and Winn gave the goofiest can you believe this grin to Kara, and James gave Winn this scornful look ... Just too funny!  :howling:

That was great. I liked how Kara and Winn acted this episode, because it's been awhile since we've seen them really just being the excitable friends that they were in the beginning of the show. The two of them freaking out about Barry was just awesome, as was Jimmy's jealousy.

And yes, the firemen saving Supergirl was a great moment.  When the one said "it was our turn to save you", I remembered that the last thing Kara did before the Red K rampage was save a bunch of firemen.  Clearly, they didn't forget.  :humble:

That was just a perfect moment.

Winn and Barry would be a great bromance.

Yes they would. Hopefully if Supergirl gets renewed we get another cross-over and see Barry and Winn interacting some more.

Certainly, they gave Live Wire pause when demonstrating their willingness to shield SUPERGIRL, even at the risk to their own lives.  And given that Cat's argument about sparing her for the sake of her children also gave Live Wire pause, suggests that there is still some shred of decency within her that she probably feels she needs to rid herself of.

Yeah, I don't think Livewire is all out evil like she wants people to think. Yes, she is certainly a horrible person who wants to kill Cat Grant and will hurt people that get in her way, but like you I think there's some small amount of goodness inside her. She was hesitating after Cat made the plea to spare her life so her boys wouldn't be motherless.

The episode proved pretty popular with viewers as well: http://www.hypable.c...lash-crossover/

It seems the team-up of the titular heroes of Supergirl and The Flash was a magical combination, as Supergirl‘s ratings were up 30% on Monday.

Per TVLine, Supergirl season 1, episode 18, “Worlds Finest,” had 7.24 million viewers and a 1.7 share in the demo this week, which is up 21 percent and 30 percent respectively from last week. It also led all scripted series in the demo for the night.

--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CBS, The Flash

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users