Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,653 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:46 PM

Agent Mack and his brother step in when a radical group called the Watchdogs plan to eliminate the Inhumans; Simmons
finds a powerful chemical compound.

Yeah.  I'm really not certain how to sum this one up, so you are on your own, True Believers.  However, it looks like they are following up on Simmons' discovery from last week with regards to Carl Creel's blood, and its ability to counter the terrigenesis process.

Tune in tonight to ABC, 9pm Eastern/8pm Central.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

Is this the first time we've seen Mack's brother?  I don't remember him having a brother?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,653 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:47 PM

This is the first I can recall them mentioning that Mack had a brother.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:39 PM

Ah, that's what I thought.

I still haven't seen the episode, thanks to ABC's lackadaisical On Demand policy.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,653 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:27 AM

Anyhow, this episode included some nice callbacks to old characters, and to Agent Carter; and gave us a follow-up on how Simmons is handling her experiences; and May's dealing with what her one-time husband has become.  Also, it gave us a follow-up on Mac and how he is dealing with the departure of Hunter and Bobbi.

Lincoln had to get a field evaluation by Coulson; and Daisy got some push-back regarding her tactics in getting information.

Meeting Mac's brother this way ... well, yeah it was out of the blue; but did shed some light on Mac, and the issues that Life is dealing his brother.  And we even got a dose of allegory with the reactionary Watchdogs who are unhappy with the changes they are witnessing in the World, and the emergent Inhumans.

Definitely more character focused, than I had expected, but still a satisfying episode.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

I thought it was pretty good.  Mini-Mack seems to have learned a lesson, hopefully, which is nice-- he made a good example of how people can be corrupted, but I wouldn't want Mack to have to deal with that on an ongoing basis.  I wonder if it's an election year in the SHIELD-verse. Imagine them having to deal with the election of a Trump-like character.

Unfortunately, to balance things out, Daisy seems to be becoming more and more radicalized.  I don't think that will lead to anything good.

And I don't think I like the idea of Simmons training to be an action hero.  I don't know why they can't just let people be who they are. Can't the audience deal with somebody who's not a kick-ass, hard-ass, bad-ass dumb-ass?

Coulson's field evaluation of Lincoln was well done.  Lincoln seems to be coming back from his bad first impression. Not to mention bad second and third impressions.

#7 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:55 AM

I found Simmons' actions completely predictable--even overdue. I learned early that it's hard being a sub-median kickass in a high kick-ass group.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

Simmons and Fitz were always the highest kick-ass members of the group, because they were the brains.  They were like the Professor on Gilligan's Island.  Nothing could happen without them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users