Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,808 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:48 AM

The S.H.I.E.L.D. team tries to prove that fate is not fixed after Daisy is horrified by a glimpse of the future.

OK, that scene just sent chills up my spine.

Turn in tonight to ABC, True Believers, 9pm Eastern/8pm Central and see what happens.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,858 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

I wonder how Daisy manages to glimpse the future.  And does it have anything to do with that unexplained scene in the spaceship a couple of weeks ago?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:14 AM

Daisy is shown the future by the inhuman in the beard that touches her.   Everyone he touches sees the future.

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,808 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:29 AM

But in true prophetic fashion, while the details are accurate, the visions can still be misinterpreted ;)

Yeah.  I'd consider this episode as a definite setback for our heroes.  But there was some good character work, and a nice presentation of the notion that Time is a 4th Dimension versus some kind of sequential wave/flow whose path can be diverted, or might result in a closed loop of the self-fulfilling prophecy.  Thereby suggesting the possibility of a different kind of "time travel" into the MCU.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 06 April 2016 - 09:26 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,328 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

Fitz for the win!  Don't know how the events shown on screen add up to Fitz's predestination interpretation - but his was easily the BEST time-travel explanation EVER.

Had more to say but realize that the more needs to be in EtU...

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,858 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

And it does tie into that spaceship scene from a few weeks ago.  Well, I don't buy Fitz's explanation of time as the 4th dimension making the future immutable-- it actually argues against that, since the other three dimensions are not immutable-- but at least he and Simmons seem to be back on track.  :lol:

And I wonder what effect that experimental vaccine has had on Andrew.  I'm betting it does something to him.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users