• 4,984 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 1-10, pic 3.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-10, pic 6.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-10, pic 7.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-10, pic 10.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-10, pic 11.jpg

Rip tells the team they are headed to the future to take out a powerful ally that Savage needs to conquer the world. But when they learn the target is a 14 year-old boy who will one day become an evil dictator, the team is split about the morality of killing a child, even if it does save the world. Meanwhile, Sara talks Snart through a rough patch; and Ray learns something that could impact his future with Kendra.

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:46 PM

I made the mistake of watching this episode. I was actually interested in the plot of this episode, how would the team deal with a little baby hitler, that would, if left alive, help Savage destroy the world. The team, as expected, failed to do the right thing; and, as a result, instead of preventing the coming apocalypse...they sped up it's arrival. Classic stupidity at it's finest.

Never mind that they KNOW the time period Savage originates from....they could easily go back to a earlier time and kill him. But, then again, Rip and his team just don't have what it takes to get the mission done.

I'll probably watch next week's episode, solely for the Jonah Hex character, after that I'm done with this show.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:49 PM

^ But if kidnapping him didn't change anything, why would killing him have been any different?  Subtract the kid, and Savage just finds another way to get what he wants.  I was hoping that what they did might actually help, that putting him back changed could actually change the timeline more than a simple vacuum would.  Alas, no, but it was worth a try.

I thought it was a good episode, exploring many themes of morality, redemption, and decisions, interwoven with the recurring theme of parenthood.  

Oh, and loved seeing Jewel Stait!  :D

I am really happy they have Mick back. :)  That reconciliation was never going to be easy.  Ultimately it came down to Mick having to decide what he now wants out of life, what matters to him now?  His prior motivations are all gone:  simple destruction, then revenge, and then whatever the brainwashing made him want.  All of those are gone now.  

The only thing left now for him to want is perhaps a sense of belonging.  And since the team has made it clear that he matters, that they will make the effort to save him, I think he knows he has that now.  :humble:  

In all, this excursion of his (how long was it for him? :o) allows him to bring a whole new perspective and experience to the team!  He knows who is coming after them next for example, he could now pilot the ship if needed, he is so much more of an asset now.  :)

And also, I like the dynamic they have built up for this particular ensemble cast, where each character is explored and given a chance to shine.  Each and every one of them contribute something unique and irreplaceable, and I think something really was missing without him.  :cool:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

The only thing I like about this show is Cold and Mick.  I HATE Brandon Routh's dodo Atom (and am still annoyed that the ATOM suit is basically Iron Man).  At least he had a personality on Arrow.  Here he's just a dodo.  Sarah was actually NEVER a favorite character of mine in any iteration, and I liked Hawkgirl better with Cisco.  I find Rip Hunter just as interesting as Vandal Savage, which is to say, not at all.  In both cases, I think the casting sucks.  Rip Hunter should have been played by a hard-edged guy who might have fathered a football player (vs this doe-eyed guy who might have fathered a catcher) and Vandal Savage should have been played with someone with a much deeper voice and some visible muscularity.  Firestorm's powers are so shallow here that I wish they hadn't bothered create the character and Mick and Cold's weapons are watered down from their original Flash versions for no reason that I can think of.

I tune in on Thursdays to give me a headstart on the commercials while I watch Scandal, and watch the rest mainly because How to Get Away With Murder is finished for the year.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:58 AM

View PostQueenTiye, on 14 April 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

I find Rip Hunter just as interesting as Vandal Savage, which is to say, not at all.  In both cases, I think the casting sucks.  Rip Hunter should have been played by a hard-edged guy who might have fathered a football player (vs this doe-eyed guy who might have fathered a catcher)

QT

As a huge Arthur Darvill fan, I'll try not to take that personally.  :p :hehe:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:39 PM

I agree that this was a weaker episode. My problem was that I felt that they went about changing history the wrong way. They decided to just kill Per Degaton when he was a young man which you knew they weren't going to go through with. We saw Rip hesitate to kill Vandal when he first attacked him back in ancient Egypt and Vandal was a grown man who, even though he wasn't the mass murderer he would become, was still a terrible man. If Rip couldn't kill Vandal then, how could he kill a child now?

Once they realized that removing Per Degaton from the timeline wouldn't change anything why didn't they try to sway him over to their side? Why didn't they do that to begin with? Sure the argument was that he was too brainwashed by Savage but as Sara pointed out she had fallen in with the League of Assassins twice and faced a blood lust and she eventually saw the light. They could have taken Degaton to the future and showed him how Savage was going to turn on him. There was a lot they could have done. Instead they simply made things worse and sped up the timeline.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users