Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

TRAILER: Godzilla Resurgence ... he's back!

Toho Godzilla Shin Godzilla Godzilla Resurgence Trailer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

Yeah.  Toho's back to producing Godzilla, and this one looks terrifying.

Then there are all those scenes of people talking ... I have no idea what that's about.

Anyhow, it looks like they picked up some cinematic cues from the recent American take on their icon, but so far, I see nothing that can compare to the HALO jump.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 14 April 2016 - 08:23 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,623 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

Well, that's very interesting. I know somebody who will be very happy about this.  I think it's a bit too realistic for Godzilla, but it's not too off-putting. I'll definitely give it a watch.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

I don't mind the burnt look they've given Godzilla. It does make him look more terrifying and it does seem like he'll be the villain of the movie (unless they're keeping a second monster a secret at the moment like Legendary's Godzilla did with the MUTOs). I do have a problem with the arms and tail. The arms look too puny for Godzilla while the tail seems huge, way bigger than it normally is. Maybe that's just me.

Still, I'm excited to see another Toho made Godzilla movie.

Edited by Virgil Vox, 17 April 2016 - 02:26 PM.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

In fairness, the arms are a throwback to the original film where they were much smaller ... more as a nod to the T-rex than anything else.  The tail ... well, that has always been long, but I think you're right in that it does appear longer than what had previously been depicted.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,623 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

Those are notable traits of the Godzilla species.  As they get older, their arms get smaller and their tails get bigger.  And those fractals on their back turn into Mandelbrots.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Toho, Godzilla, Shin Godzilla, Godzilla Resurgence, Trailer

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users