• 4,984 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 1-11, pic 5.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-11, pic 4.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-11, pic 7.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-11, pic 9.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-11, pic 11.jpg

When the team needs a place to hide out, Rip sets a course for the Old West. Upon arrival, they start a fight with a gang of outlaws that puts a small town in jeopardy. Luckily, Rip's old friend Jonah Hex steps in to save them.

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 14 April 2016 - 12:09 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:22 PM

even Jonah Hex, as cool as it was to see him, couldn't stop the characters from being idiots. Yeah, I think I'm done with this show.

So, they choose to hide from the hunters in 1871 Salvation. Alright, so far so good. No major problems (Well, there are, but I'll address them later). Now, rule number 1 when hiding out is you HIDE OUT. You don't go parading through town. Something Palmer, idiot that he seems to be, instead of genius he claims to be, doesn't seem to grasp. And everyone else in the group decides to go along for the ride, even though they KNOW their own track record when it comes to these things. Most surprising of all was Jackson going out into the town. The 1870's wasn't exactly the best time for African Americans back then (And surprisingly, not one of the people in town comment on Jackson's race, or Kendra's)

Now we come to Snark saving Martin by killing the bad guy. Heaven only KNOWS what damage that death caused to the time line? Which then sets up the whole gang attacking the town, and Ray just irritated the hell out of me with his high and mighty holier than thou BS. So much so I was actually hoping Ray would do the high noon shoot out and die.

Then there is their attack on the gang hide out. With the exception of Hex, Snark and Mick, none of them are really that good with guns. How they survived a shoot out with villains that kill people in shoot outs on a daily basis is beyond me. Hell, how none of them were even shot is a mystery.

And now we come to the most idiotic decision of a member of the group. Martin saving the kid with future medicine. Not only does he use the future medicine, which is bad enough to the time line, but he LEAVES it with the mother. Of all the moronic things to do. But because it is H G Wells, which he didn't know at the time, we're just suppose to accept that it's all good. He could've easily been saving a future hitler for all he knew.

And last but not least is the set up for next week's episode, the time masters sending the Pilgrim after them. Who apparently is going to be targeting the younger versions of the team. Which only begs the question: if the time masters want to stop Rip Hunter, why not just send someone back in time, to the time Hunter was training with the time masters, and then deal with Hunter then? Stop all of this before it ever started?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 14 April 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

So, they choose to hide from the hunters in 1871 Salvation. Alright, so far so good. No major problems (Well, there are, but I'll address them later). Now, rule number 1 when hiding out is you HIDE OUT. You don't go parading through town. Something Palmer, idiot that he seems to be, instead of genius he claims to be, doesn't seem to grasp. And everyone else in the group decides to go along for the ride, even though they KNOW their own track record when it comes to these things. Most surprising of all was Jackson going out into the town. The 1870's wasn't exactly the best time for African Americans back then (And surprisingly, not one of the people in town comment on Jackson's race, or Kendra's)

You are pretty much spot-on with everything, but I can at least think of a quasi-explanation for this ;) This town is a good hide-out spot for time-travelers. Was Jonas Hex's comment about not being the first time he/this town has been visited by time travellers just his perception, or has the town populace dealt with time-travelers on a number of occasions? Maybe this town is pretty used to weird ;) Heck, maybe many of the town long-time natives had them pegged as time-travelers from the get-go :p :D In addition to two African-Americans, they had two women in pants! ;)

Heck, maybe they have seen aliens :)

My big question is how did *all* of the crew (besides Rip) have such good horse-riding skills :p Idiocy of the type they have shown I have come to expect, but all eight of these people, who have all lived in big urban centres, all magically know how to ride a horse and ride 'em well :)

Edited by sierraleone, 17 April 2016 - 11:28 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:29 AM

Haven't seen Brent Stait in a while!  That was cool!  :cool:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 21 April 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Haven't seen Brent Stait in a while!  That was cool!  :cool:

SFG

Indeed it was!  Every sci-fi series seems to do a Western and I treat them all as just for fun.
Cats will never be extinct!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users