Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,686 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

The team reels from its losses as Hive continues to draw Inhumans to his side; agents Fitz and Simmons get a lead that could stop the maniacal Inhuman forever.

This is the first installment of the season closing arc, Hive is on the rise, and the Agents of SHIELD try to reclaim their own.

Remember to tune in tonight to ABC, True Believers, 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,488 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:31 PM

I wonder if there's a limit to how many Inhumans Hive can control.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

^^Not looking like it so far.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#4 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

He doesn't really "control" them though, does he? They're still self-aware, just addicted and hanging on his every word. At most I'd suspect the limit is how many people he can "dose" within a short period (without needing to make more nanites).

Coulson's shield!!!

Now, can he throw it?
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,686 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

I gotta admit, I love Coulson's shield.  That he proposed it as something of a joke, and Fitz ran with the concept was a wonderful notion.

Then also, there was Fitz's romantic speech to Simmons:

Simmons:  Are you comparing our going to bed together with crossing the Event Horizon of a Black Hole?
Fitz:  Uh ... yeah.
Simmons:  That's rather romantic ... and kind of frightening as well.

(sigh) :love:

Now both Lincoln and May are questioning Coulson's tactics.  Admittedly, he has his reasons ... and he did give Lincoln the choice - if you wish to join us in the field, then you have to wear the "murder vest" for our safety.  Oh, and Coulson loves Daisy :love: Admittedly, as a father rather than a lover, but still.  OTOH, Lincoln's attraction is bordering on the obsessive ... leading me to ask, what is it about Daisy that have men falling for her?  Coulson, Ward, and now Lincoln and maybe Hive :eek:

Speaking of Hive, good on Simmons for pulling the trigger after that really, REALLY, creepy discussion.

Oh, and the newby Inhuman trying to pick his name was also a nice touch.  I was thinking "Detonator" myself, given that he can cause things to explode.

Finally, there's apparently some kind of prehistoric doohickey that can defeat Hive ... that will still work after millennia of disuse.  Well, this is the Marvel Universe.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 27 April 2016 - 12:20 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,488 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

Ah, the shield was cool.  That whole scene was great. "My leg does hurt." "Get a cybernetic one." "Too soon."

It was great seeing Fitz and Simmons finally getting together, and if this means that one of them will die, I will be very upset. Why does Simmons have cold hands right after her run-in with Hive-Ward?  This better not mean anything.  At least anything that can't be fixed.

It's interesting how they portray Hive-Ward's minions. They are still themselves, but it's like they drank the Kool-Aid. I wonder what they will be like once they are cured. Or if getting the Hive-stuff out of their brains will even cure them now.

The elimination of HYDRA seemed very perfunctory, considering what a widespread threat they had been. I wonder if they had to do that because of the movies for some reason.  :shrug:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users