Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:28 AM

Spoilers

Person of Interest 5-1, pic 106914_0983b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-1, pic 106965_D0329b (1)_FULL.jpg

In the Season 5 premiere, Reese and Finch try to save the Machine's source code before it deteriorates beyond repair; Root fights for her life against Samaritan's agents; and Fusco faces questions following the deaths of Dominic and Elias.

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

It sure is nice to see our gang back together, and the first episode sure did start off running.

It was great to see some flashbacks to the very first time the machine came alive and then became very aware of what Harold was planning.

Finally, he has come to regret hobbling the machine, as it was ill equipped in properly defending itself against Samaritan.

I am glad we are at least getting closure and it's a shame CBS seems to want to dump the episodes so fast, but for the viewer we get to see the episodes much quicker.

Based on some items I have read, the filming of all of this was done quite a bit ago and it just sat on the shelf until the powers that be decided to let it air.   No respect for a great show.

Sorry to see it go, as the premise it represents could have an interesting story to tell for quite a bit longer.

SFG, thanks for starting the thread on this.

#3 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

I was so happy with this episode.  It really hit the ground running, and I was glad I re-watched the last few episodes of the last season.  I'm really glad they are going to dump the episodes quickly.  We all know CBS cancelled this show and I'd sooner get it all fast movie-like, than to drag out the pain of seeing this great show end.  I'm sort of a pull the bandaid off fast kind of girl anyway.

In any event, I loved the opener!

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

View Postzarkon, on 04 May 2016 - 07:00 AM, said:

SFG, thanks for starting the thread on this.

You're welcome!  I'm glad that people are enjoying and posting in the thread!!  :D

And I am so excited that the show is finally back!  :woohoo:  Though, I didn't get a chance to watch it yet.  :(  Maybe tonight.  :)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

SFG, as a fan I am sure you will love this opener.

It takes off running and never stops.   And yes, Bear is fine and holding down the fort  :boogie:

The possibilities are endless as to how this ends.   I am also glad they are moving the eps fast and furious so I can get my fix.

I have been addicted to this show since the first episode.

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

View Postzarkon, on 04 May 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

SFG, as a fan I am sure you will love this opener.

It takes off running and never stops.   And yes, Bear is fine and holding down the fort  :boogie:

Yay!!  :D

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:35 AM

Ok, the best part was when Bear brought over the fire extinguisher!  :clap:  Good dog!  :D

Would have been easier just to steal Watson.

I don't speak nerd.

:lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:07 PM

I love this show but find this an appropriate place for it to end. A perpetual holding action against Samaritan would grow unbelievable and any other adversary after its defeat would be anticlimactic. So I hope for a bringing down of Greer and Samaritan and the suggestion that our guys return to numbers of the week and perhaps a little personal happiness, despite the persistence of a surveillance state.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

That does sound like a nice way to end things, with the more stable AI keeping an eye on things and not bent on world domination.

I would hate this thing to end in some sort of cliffhanger that would never be resolved.

#10 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

They knew this was the end of the series. I doubt they would go out on a cliffhanger.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Person of Interest, Person of Interest: Season 5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users