Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,696 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:26 PM

As the threat of Hive looms, loyalties are put to the test and the team must come up with a decisive resolution.

In this second of four chapters of the closing arc for this season:  The blue meanies are coming! The blue meanies are coming!

Tune in tonight to ABC, True Believers, 9pm Eastern; 8pm Central.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 03 May 2016 - 02:28 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,520 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Ah, the Kree return. This should be interesting. Of course, I'm dreading the upcoming death....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

"Some sort of creepy dude alliance?" :)
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,696 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

Hurmmm ... this was kind of a let down.

Firstly, we have Hive in the whole "death to those who fail me" villain-mode which really does not make sense, as is his attitude that his Inhuman followers are a disposable commodity.  Admittedly, millennia spent alone on Maveth probably explains this behavior ... but if he is supposed to be some kind of general, he'd certainly ought to appreciate the notion of conservation of resources and the idea that things go wrong upon implementation of plans.  Especially when you're improvising.  As depicted, he is reduced to generic Evil-hood.

That said, I did like his origin story.

Daisy ... she really isn't listening to herself when she talks of "making them understand."  That is borderline villainy right there because it is about coercion rather than open dialog ... but she's not in her right mind, so that might have something to do with it.  Also, given that she is having discussions with Hive supports Mack's contention that she is not a mindless drone of Hive.

The Kree Reapers ... OK, I like the idea of a safeguard, but these guys, as depicted, were pathetic.  Hardly what one would expect of an advanced civilization millennia old.  Also, given the state of their experiments, wouldn't the old Kree have assigned Sentries to monitor the situation as opposed to relying on the Reapers to clean up after themselves?

Mack gets full points for trying, but, May and Coulson were right about trying to engage Daisy, and instead focus on Hive.  Presumably, if you can neutralize Hive, this will free those who are under his influence.

And what the heck is up with Lincoln?  Considering how he was introduced as this rather level-headed individual concerned about others, this season he's been portrayed as this Daisy-obsessed individual with poor impulse control.

All I all, I'm thinking this was a weak chapter in this story arc.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 04 May 2016 - 02:29 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,520 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

I haven't seen this week's episode, of course, but I find it interesting the way Hive-Ward's minions are portrayed. Not controlled, but converted.  It also makes me worry that they will not be easily restored even if the Hive-junk is removed from their brains.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,520 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, those Kree warriors were not very impressive. I'm kind of getting the impression that the Kree Empire was in decline and is probably now a shadow of its former self.

I feel bad for Mack. He's got a big heart and it seems like nobody is really there for him, like he's been there for others. I hope he's not the one to die. Actually, it occurs to me that of all the major characters, Daisy is the one I'd miss the least. But I'm afraid of what her death would do to Coulson. I don't want to see him go any further to the dark side. He was the reason I first started watching the show.

And now the thing that Hive-Ward feared the most has been used and defeated with pathetic ease. What now?  Perhaps the spaceship premonition means that they will try to dump him in space or drop him into the sun-- but how to immobilize him long enough to do that?

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,696 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

You know, Daisy/Skye has always been the weakness of this show.  She always came across as ... bland, and I don't know whether it's the writing or it's the actress.  That they opted to make her the focus of others (Ward, Coulson and May, her parents (natch), Lincoln) ... well, OK, she's a nice person, she's attractive, she has powers, and she's resourceful, but she still feels more like a cypher then an actual character, thus it is difficult o me really bring myself to be concerned about her fate.

And given that we're coming to the end of season three, there should be more to her character than what they've given us.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,520 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

I'm wondering if that bit they did with Coulson saying out loud that she's the daughter he never was foreshadowing her doom.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users