Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

Airdate May 5, 2016

Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 1-14, pic LGN114a_0090b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-14, pic LGN114a_0114b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-14, pic LGN114b_0047b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-14, pic LGN114b_0086b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-14, pic LGN114b_0260b_FULL.jpg

The team captures Vandal Savage, but Kendra struggles with whether to kill him or not when he tells her he can reunite her with Carter. Rip decides they will deliver Savage to the Time Masters but that doesn't sit well with Snart and Rory. Meanwhile, Savage taunts Ray about his place in Kendra's life.

Directed by Alice Troughton!  :cool:

SFG

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 05 May 2016 - 12:34 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

Well this sure went sideways in a hurry.

Just like it is today, you can never really trust the people in charge as they have a different agenda and will surprise you in the worst way.

It's also sad how some characters get so easily manipulated to do the most stupid things ever.

It is getting more difficult to stick with this when you watch the characters on board after capturing Savage, being so easily manipulated, and then to find out the entire time the Time Council is working with Savage.

Did not see that coming at all.   :shrug:

#3 3C273

3C273
  • Islander
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

The writing never goes beyond its comic book origins.  A disappointing series.

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:40 AM

Most of this episode was an annoying combination of flashbacks, and characters acting stupidly.  The action scene near the end was briefly entertaining, and the reveal was anticlimactic for me, because I predicted it ages ago.

Seriously, I have noticed for a while now that the Time Masters were way too keen to stop Rip's plan, and willing to do any damage to the timeline, as long as it meant letting Savage win.  They seemed to be willing to do anything to make sure Savage was allowed to do his thing!

So, near the beginning when they figured out that Savage was using future tech in 2166 and therefore had time travel, I thought that Rip had finally figured out what I had known for a while.  He said "the time masters!"  And I was like "finally"!!!  But no, he just thought that it was finally a reason for the time masters to actually stop Savage.  :headshake:

I did like the idea of navigating the time stream like it is a river, with currents and obstacles, and using charts!  :cool:   I just hated everyone falling for Savage's manipulations, and the blindness to the obvious about the Time Masters.  :no:

Best line (during the only fun scene, the action):

- Who are you to stand up against me, Vandal Savage, destroyer of empires?
- Leonard Snart, robber of ATMs!

:clap:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:45 AM

And for evidence that I predicted the Time Master's twist ages ago, here is what I said way back in episode 4:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 18 February 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

Is anyone else finding the time masters a bit fishy?  I mean they seem awfully determined to stop Rip from saving the world.  I know they are sworn to protect the natural course of the timeline at all costs, but it's starting to feel a bit off from that.  It feels more like they are protecting Savage at all costs.  Could they have been bought off by Savage, or have some other nefarious involvement that we don't know of yet?

That is when I first had the suspicion, and I only became more and more certain as the season went on, the more we saw of the Time Masters.  :headshake:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users